Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tip.it and TWR need a jump start.

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Danny_TeamDan
[ Display Name History ]

Danny_TeamDan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,404 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • Clan:Downfall
why would soalce want to come here lol they are doing fine w/out ranking systems and id say they are cracking down trolls and stuff i posted some slight trolls / spam and got 3 day suspension lol.

Posted Image

Adr1an
[ Display Name History ]

Adr1an

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 470 posts
I just said the ideal....... and the max I think would fit well within the community

Posted Image

_Douglas
[ Display Name History ]

_Douglas

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Clan:The Gladiatorz 110+ F2P Combat

Like I've said before, why cater to clans that aren't in here? Find out if they even would want a ranking system and how they would want it before you do it and just hope they join because 99% sure most top clans aren't interested and will not join.

Because even if they aren't on this site en-mass, they are still stronger. If you want to have an accurate list of who is the strongest clans, then you can't just ignore clans who don't currently post. If you don't make yourselves relevant to them, they won't have any need to show up. I understand that not having them on the list allows for mid-sized and small clans to be ranked that much higher, but a list like that is simply a lie, just like the current list. You're not 'catering' to them by putting them on the list - there are no special favors.

@Doug - I have thrown out that idea as well and gotten declined. I would be all for every war posted on TWR to be thrown into the system and if it wasnt crashed or anything the points are put in. TWR clans would have an unwritten rule that if you are part of the community you do not crash one another. However could the clans be grown up enough to follow this? Probably not....

Even if the fight was crashed, it could still be used to sway the opinions of the panel. The panel would not be limited to "winners", rather, winning would just be one point for which the panel could consider. There are many more things about a fight than "who gets to post the topic" that can be considered, and not considering those factors was one of the shortcomings of RAW. The 'unwritten rule' is unnecessary. Nice, but definitely something beyond the scope of a ranking system.

Proud Gladiator

Posted Image

Ultimair
[ Display Name History ]

Ultimair

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 405 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Ultimair
  • Clan:Pure Hatred
What led PH away from TWR is that we didn't like being forced to war clans that had significantly smaller pulls (Pulling under 15) while we would pull twice as much, making 15 ppl lose out on some fun. Sure we could always decline, but there's a punishment for declining, so we gradually lost interest.

I'm not sure how to fix that, because it wouldn't be fair to discriminate against smaller clans. However, while looking out for smaller clans, bigger clans are pushed away and they end up being, in a way, discriminated against. Thus, they aren't really active here.

Dunno how gamerrs idea of a cluster would work, since there's always idiotic clans/cc team that ends up crashing it. Dont even think about suggesting a CW cluster, it would be disastrous, and not worth the effort.

What killerred was saying about rivalries: Do we really want those big, nasty rivalries (involving hacking, spying, ddosing, etc) to come on over to TWR? I don't think so.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Danny_TeamDan
[ Display Name History ]

Danny_TeamDan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,404 posts

Like I've said before, why cater to clans that aren't in here? Find out if they even would want a ranking system and how they would want it before you do it and just hope they join because 99% sure most top clans aren't interested and will not join.

Because even if they aren't on this site en-mass, they are still stronger. If you want to have an accurate list of who is the strongest clans, then you can't just ignore clans who don't currently post. If you don't make yourselves relevant to them, they won't have any need to show up. I understand that not having them on the list allows for mid-sized and small clans to be ranked that much higher, but a list like that is simply a lie, just like the current list. You're not 'catering' to them by putting them on the list - there are no special favors.

@Doug - I have thrown out that idea as well and gotten declined. I would be all for every war posted on TWR to be thrown into the system and if it wasnt crashed or anything the points are put in. TWR clans would have an unwritten rule that if you are part of the community you do not crash one another. However could the clans be grown up enough to follow this? Probably not....

Even if the fight was crashed, it could still be used to sway the opinions of the panel. The panel would not be limited to "winners", rather, winning would just be one point for which the panel could consider. There are many more things about a fight than "who gets to post the topic" that can be considered, and not considering those factors was one of the shortcomings of RAW. The 'unwritten rule' is unnecessary. Nice, but definitely something beyond the scope of a ranking system.

We don't want an accurate list of who the strongest clan is in the clan world, we want an accurate list of clans that are in the TWR who are not only good but actively participate in it. If you start making changes to "attract" top clans to come here, those changes may annoy the clans already on this list because it makes things harder for smaller clans and then they will just leave, and then I'm almost certain none of the top clans will come with changes like that.

Read the second part of what you quoted me on, Find out first if they are even remotely interested in a ranking list in which they will know past lists have faiiled / been inaccurate / drama involved / getting boring wars.

Posted Image

_Douglas
[ Display Name History ]

_Douglas

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 132 posts

We don't want an accurate list of who the strongest clan is in the clan world, we want an accurate list of clans that are in the TWR who are not only good but actively participate in it. If you start making changes to "attract" top clans to come here, those changes may annoy the clans already on this list because it makes things harder for smaller clans and then they will just leave, and then I'm almost certain none of the top clans will come with changes like that.

Read the second part of what you quoted me on, Find out first if they are even remotely interested in a ranking list in which they will know past lists have faiiled / been inaccurate / drama involved / getting boring wars.

Okay. So what you say you want is a list of all the clans who bother to sign up. But not only ranking them by order of who is "good", you would like them to be ranked also by who "actively participates in it".

When I can create a ten man team, declare on everyone, and in the span of a week take #1 on the TWR because of "activity", something is broken, dear. And it's not like it would be hard to do - I might not even have to log on to the game if everyone simply declines me.

Here's a little food for thought for you: The last two TWR declarations were made nearly two weeks ago, both on the same day. The declaration before that was made more than a month ago. News flash: no one currently actively participates in TWR, with arguably the exception of the two clans involved in that 2-week old declaration. Changes need to happen to the TWR, or the TWR will continue to be as dead as it has been, and a dead TWR is beneficial to no one.

Yes, having higher clans here will make things "harder" for smaller clans. And by that I mean that the number next to their name will be higher. Instead of acting like the highest tier of clans don't exist, why not lay out the bedspread and welcome them to the community? It's not about your clan or my clan or any clan at all benefiting from this, it is about Tip.it and also about the survival of the TWR in some form or another - but do know that the TWR as it stands now is no longer pulling interest from clans as evidenced by the across-the-board activity lapse. It's not the tournaments, either, and with the Wilderness' return changes will have to be made anyway to accommodate for whatever Jagex throws at us on February 1st.

Having an accurate list is no reason for a smaller clan to leave. They will need to come to terms with the fact that #1 isn't achievable for them. If they desire to be #1 strongly enough, it is possible but only with ingame skill, strong leaders, recruitment, and dedication. Why must the goal always be #1? Set a goal for #20. Set a goal for #15. Set a goal to break into the top ten. Those are a sample of achievable goals for smaller clans. There is room here for both large clans and smaller clans. Make the playing field fair, even for the big guy.

Poll results about if top clans 'want' to be ranked on tip.it are obviously going to be very one-sided - you know as well as I do that the past experiences from the RAW list, as well as the TWR being on tip.it instead of their current primary fansite, will bias them. Put them on the list, and when they see that they are getting attention here, they will come around. It's up to the Tip.it and TWR officials to see that the reputation they have gathered, for catering specifically to the lower-tier clans, comes to an end.

Proud Gladiator

Posted Image

Danny_TeamDan
[ Display Name History ]

Danny_TeamDan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,404 posts
lol regardless of attention they don't see it worth their time to be on a ranking system thats inaccurate lol any clan who is serious about being a good clan wouldn't join a ranking ladder idk why you're on this high mission to save something that's been dead for months. Time to let it go and close down the ranking system tbh clans on here can declare on others w/out the need of a set ranking system, the reason the activity is dead in TWR is because they are starting to realize ranking systems will never be perfect and that it's dumb and they've grown out of the stage, and im sure most of them came on here to gain recruits and attempt to get number 1 on the ranking system to gain more recruits and that's not really happening

Edit: I await your 10 man team and your attempts to taking number 1.

Posted Image

_Douglas
[ Display Name History ]

_Douglas

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 132 posts

lol regardless of attention they don't see it worth their time to be on a ranking system thats inaccurate lol any clan who is serious about being a good clan wouldn't join a ranking ladder idk why you're on this high mission to save something that's been dead for months. Time to let it go and close down the ranking system tbh clans on here can declare on others w/out the need of a set ranking system, the reason the activity is dead in TWR is because they are starting to realize ranking systems will never be perfect and that it's dumb and they've grown out of the stage, and im sure most of them came on here to gain recruits and attempt to get number 1 on the ranking system to gain more recruits and that's not really happening

Edit: I await your 10 man team and your attempts to taking number 1.

I take this post of yours as a concession of all of your points. Your obstructionist agenda has shown its true colors here. I don't think I have any need to discuss this much further with you, as it ought to be quite obvious to the tip.it leadership as to which of us has the best interests of tip.it and TWR at heart in this matter.

---

We don't want an accurate list of who the strongest clan is in the clan world, we want an accurate list of clans that are in the TWR who are not only good but actively participate in it.

they don't see it worth their time to be on a ranking system thats inaccurate lol any clan who is serious about being a good clan wouldn't join a ranking ladder idk why you're on this high mission to save something that's been dead for months. Time to let it go and close down the ranking system

lol

Proud Gladiator

Posted Image

Danny_TeamDan
[ Display Name History ]

Danny_TeamDan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,404 posts
if the twr ranking system is your love and joy why dont you start with your clan getting active on here

I care about tip.it (Probably more than you) , twr ive lost hope in as well as others the clans that made it active have moved on to better things and like i said realized theres more stuff to do than just sit on a ranking system which means very little in the clan world

Posted Image

envymark
[ Display Name History ]

envymark

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,042 posts
  • RSN:envy mark
  • RSN2:lloot tacozz
  • Clan:Clan Envy
Biggest problem TWR has imo is the fact that any1 can join the same thing. You got clans that pull around 30-40 and then you have clans that struggle to pull 20. Then you have clans that prefer CWA and some who prefer PVP. The ones who tend to pull the 30-40 prefer the pvp though so personally ide prefer it if there were 2 categories but for that wede need a lot more clans and there just arnt enough around atm. The reason i say 2 categories is that it just isnt fun for a clan that pulls around 30-40 to be forced into waring with a clan pullin around about 20, no1 likes to drop when they don't have to and very few people like waring clans that won't offer a challenge in a full out. Theres just to much diversity with to few clans for it to work that well at the moment in my opinion.
Posted Image

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Biggest problem TWR has imo is the fact that any1 can join the same thing. You got clans that pull around 30-40 and then you have clans that struggle to pull 20. Then you have clans that prefer CWA and some who prefer PVP. The ones who tend to pull the 30-40 prefer the pvp though so personally ide prefer it if there were 2 categories but for that wede need a lot more clans and there just arnt enough around atm. The reason i say 2 categories is that it just isnt fun for a clan that pulls around 30-40 to be forced into waring with a clan pullin around about 20, no1 likes to drop when they don't have to and very few people like waring clans that won't offer a challenge in a full out. Theres just to much diversity with to few clans for it to work that well at the moment in my opinion.

I agree that this is a deterrent, but if we separate into different categories then each category would have just a handful of clans, cutting down on variety.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

envymark
[ Display Name History ]

envymark

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,042 posts
  • RSN:envy mark
  • RSN2:lloot tacozz
  • Clan:Clan Envy

I agree that this is a deterrent, but if we separate into different categories then each category would have just a handful of clans, cutting down on variety.

Ye ik and also no offence to twr but i guess quite a few clans don't see the point in waring for points on an online board when they can just war the same clans without all the posting a special template, proper declaration on the boards. I wana see twr get back up but i don't see how it will that easily, and i don't see a real way out of it other than getting a bunch of new clans to join and build up that way. Cos from what ive seen even the most active and best on the twr from last year arnt interested anymore.
Posted Image

Adr1an
[ Display Name History ]

Adr1an

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 470 posts
It is why I would actually like it if we just put any fight posted on the fight boards in the TWR system.

Clans active on Tip.it will be on the list. Dont see the point in declaration topics because half the clans on here just fight without doing declarations....

Only problem is it would take away some of the competitive aspect maybe

Posted Image

Danny_TeamDan
[ Display Name History ]

Danny_TeamDan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,404 posts
well sometimes like Dforces post their wars and like lets say they beat eos or vr or any clan that doesnt post their victories here how would that make their ranking go up, seems like now we're just getting at ranking every clan in which case just let people rank them how they want in the top 10/20/30 topic?

Posted Image

Pan_Nx
[ Display Name History ]

Pan_Nx

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 3,314 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Pan Nx
  • Clan:Nexus
Haven't been the most active around here, but i've swept through every so often. And nor have i read the comments on this thread. But I think the major problem is a dead staff here. If you want to be the "best clan forums" in the runescape circle, you need to have the best clan staff. Tipit's had the best clan staff at times (not pointing at the clan staff i was in, but also the immediate clan staffs before and after me), but right now this clan staff looks dead and as effective as runevillage's. Its pretty safe to say the less intelligent zybez clan staff is yet still on another level then the one here at tip it now. What happened to clan tournaments? What happened to #clans being active? What happened to the clan memberlist system? This community can't have the tight knit tipit community that anyone is looking for without energy pushing it. And there's really no energy pushing anything here. Its a shame, potential is just laying on the shelfs.
Posted Image

unclebilly1
[ Display Name History ]

unclebilly1

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • RSN:Sooner Rex
  • Clan:Runescape Dinasty

Haven't been the most active around here, but i've swept through every so often. And nor have i read the comments on this thread. But I think the major problem is a dead staff here. If you want to be the "best clan forums" in the runescape circle, you need to have the best clan staff. Tipit's had the best clan staff at times (not pointing at the clan staff i was in, but also the immediate clan staffs before and after me), but right now this clan staff looks dead and as effective as runevillage's.

It's always easy to take potshots at the staff, but in reality the staff here is active and are around every day. What makes them seem inactive is that there is literally nothing to do from a moderation standpoint on the forums. It doesn't take long to sift through 3 or 4 war declarations and 3 or 4 war topic posts. I was a CL here for about a year and a half and visited the forums daily; although I would probably be considered 'inactive' by your standards because I didn't post on every war topic and declaration topic. Fact is, no one, and that includes staff and posters alike, would post on any thread of any sort. A big response to a thread might have 15 or 20 replies, most had less than 10. You can blame the leadership, but you also need to look in the mirror as well. Without activity for us to act on, there is precious little we can do.

The TWR is like a great restaurant that no one knows about. It could make the best food in the world and it wouldn't matter because no one would be there to eat it. Right now, there are just not enough small-to-medium level clans that care about a ranking ladder. I believe it is because most of the small-to-medium sized clans have fallen into a pit of inactivity brought on by the closure of the wilderness. At first, clans with 25-75 members were still active. Clan wars was new and exciting, and BH was still an unknown entity. That's when the TWR was really rocking. We had 30+ clans, and the #1 clan always had 3.000+ points. I was in a TWR clan then, and we obtained #1 by fighitng 4+ times weekly. But Runescape clanning lives and dies by fighting. It is really the only sustaining reason for combat-oriented clans. As those small and midsized clans grew tired of clan wars and ventured out into PVP and BH worlds, they quickly found out that they absolutely could not compete with the top clans that controlled the 5 or 6 available warring worlds. So, they pretty much died. The clan I was in (The Death Monkeighs) went from a 300+ person clan that could occasionally pull max opts in 2007 to today being a 44-person clan that no longer wars at all. I could probably name 30 small and midsized clans that were our immediate competition that either are on life support or no longer exist.

I guess that's kind of a long way of saying that it's not the leadership's fault that there are no TWR clans that care to be active. But there still may be hope for the TWR. Of course everyone knows that with the return of ulimited wilderness will also give opportunity for the rebirth of small clans. Skillers and level 3 looters will once again roam the wildy for loot and clues. Small teams will form to take advantage of the solo players. Small clans will form to take advantage of the small teams. And so on and so forth. Will these clans also care about the TWR? It remains to be seen, but the future is a hell of a lot brighter than it has been in the past for it.

Those on the Clan Staff already know that I've pushed hard for the TWR to recruit more active and more 'name' clans to the TWR, and also to make PVP default for TWR fights. I highlight it because I believe now more than ever is an opportunity for clans to enter and care about the TWR. Clan Wars would be open if both clans agreed on it, but the majority of the fights should be PVP. Since we'll basically have countless open worlds for PVP fights, crashing will no longer be an excuse. If there was ever a time to do this, it is now.

It's unlikely that clans like RSD, TT, VR, DF, ROT, etc. will ever join the TWR, simply because they don't need to, nor would you really want them to. Having 100 Titans show up for a full-out against Clan X that would pull 15 level 90's would be a waste of their time and demoralizing for the small clan. But the opportuinty to gain smaller clans with high averages and larger clans with lower averages is there. Just a quick glance over the posting clans on RSC shows clans that would fit this mold (taken from ggohans77's Top 10 clan post) :

Lithuanian Forces
Crimson Raiders
Pure Hatred
Wilderland
Lithunian PKing Team
Hell Army
The Neggas Clan
Exodus
Massive Metal Attack
The Moon Clan
Envy
Downfall
The Call of Legends
Australian Army
Dragonwood
Collision
Forsaken
The Gladiatorz
Runite Knights of Finland
Poison
Ascension
Perception
THE Clan
The Knights of Order
Lux Aeterna
Solar Angels
Resurrected Forces
The Viet Clan
Dark Dragon Breath
Blacknights

Obviously some of these clans are already in TWR, but none are particularly active. And nor could you get all of these clans, but getting 5 or 10 in addition to the clans you already have would be a decent start.

Of course doing all this would mean re-vamping the TWR, and would also mean alienating some of the clans who have been around before the transition. But really it boils down to what the staff and posters of Tip.it really want. But unless people are willing to step up and say what they want, it is unlikely that anything will change.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageFormer Admin of The Death MonkeighsPosted Image
Posted ImageFormer Vengeance CouncilPosted Image
Posted ImageFormer Eternal Honour MemberPosted Image
Posted ImageCurrent Runescape Dinasty Supreme MemberPosted Image

Pan_Nx
[ Display Name History ]

Pan_Nx

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 3,314 posts

Haven't been the most active around here, but i've swept through every so often. And nor have i read the comments on this thread. But I think the major problem is a dead staff here. If you want to be the "best clan forums" in the runescape circle, you need to have the best clan staff. Tipit's had the best clan staff at times (not pointing at the clan staff i was in, but also the immediate clan staffs before and after me), but right now this clan staff looks dead and as effective as runevillage's.

It's always easy to take potshots at the staff, but in reality the staff here is active and are around every day. What makes them seem inactive is that there is literally nothing to do from a moderation standpoint on the forums. It doesn't take long to sift through 3 or 4 war declarations and 3 or 4 war topic posts. I was a CL here for about a year and a half and visited the forums daily; although I would probably be considered 'inactive' by your standards because I didn't post on every war topic and declaration topic. Fact is, no one, and that includes staff and posters alike, would post on any thread of any sort. A big response to a thread might have 15 or 20 replies, most had less than 10. You can blame the leadership, but you also need to look in the mirror as well. Without activity for us to act on, there is precious little we can do.

The TWR is like a great restaurant that no one knows about. It could make the best food in the world and it wouldn't matter because no one would be there to eat it. Right now, there are just not enough small-to-medium level clans that care about a ranking ladder. I believe it is because most of the small-to-medium sized clans have fallen into a pit of inactivity brought on by the closure of the wilderness. At first, clans with 25-75 members were still active. Clan wars was new and exciting, and BH was still an unknown entity. That's when the TWR was really rocking. We had 30+ clans, and the #1 clan always had 3.000+ points. I was in a TWR clan then, and we obtained #1 by fighitng 4+ times weekly. But Runescape clanning lives and dies by fighting. It is really the only sustaining reason for combat-oriented clans. As those small and midsized clans grew tired of clan wars and ventured out into PVP and BH worlds, they quickly found out that they absolutely could not compete with the top clans that controlled the 5 or 6 available warring worlds. So, they pretty much died. The clan I was in (The Death Monkeighs) went from a 300+ person clan that could occasionally pull max opts in 2007 to today being a 44-person clan that no longer wars at all. I could probably name 30 small and midsized clans that were our immediate competition that either are on life support or no longer exist.

I guess that's kind of a long way of saying that it's not the leadership's fault that there are no TWR clans that care to be active. But there still may be hope for the TWR. Of course everyone knows that with the return of ulimited wilderness will also give opportunity for the rebirth of small clans. Skillers and level 3 looters will once again roam the wildy for loot and clues. Small teams will form to take advantage of the solo players. Small clans will form to take advantage of the small teams. And so on and so forth. Will these clans also care about the TWR? It remains to be seen, but the future is a hell of a lot brighter than it has been in the past for it.

Those on the Clan Staff already know that I've pushed hard for the TWR to recruit more active and more 'name' clans to the TWR, and also to make PVP default for TWR fights. I highlight it because I believe now more than ever is an opportunity for clans to enter and care about the TWR. Clan Wars would be open if both clans agreed on it, but the majority of the fights should be PVP. Since we'll basically have countless open worlds for PVP fights, crashing will no longer be an excuse. If there was ever a time to do this, it is now.

It's unlikely that clans like RSD, TT, VR, DF, ROT, etc. will ever join the TWR, simply because they don't need to, nor would you really want them to. Having 100 Titans show up for a full-out against Clan X that would pull 15 level 90's would be a waste of their time and demoralizing for the small clan. But the opportuinty to gain smaller clans with high averages and larger clans with lower averages is there. Just a quick glance over the posting clans on RSC shows clans that would fit this mold (taken from ggohans77's Top 10 clan post) :

Lithuanian Forces
Crimson Raiders
Pure Hatred
Wilderland
Lithunian PKing Team
Hell Army
The Neggas Clan
Exodus
Massive Metal Attack
The Moon Clan
Envy
Downfall
The Call of Legends
Australian Army
Dragonwood
Collision
Forsaken
The Gladiatorz
Runite Knights of Finland
Poison
Ascension
Perception
THE Clan
The Knights of Order
Lux Aeterna
Solar Angels
Resurrected Forces
The Viet Clan
Dark Dragon Breath
Blacknights

Obviously some of these clans are already in TWR, but none are particularly active. And nor could you get all of these clans, but getting 5 or 10 in addition to the clans you already have would be a decent start.

Of course doing all this would mean re-vamping the TWR, and would also mean alienating some of the clans who have been around before the transition. But really it boils down to what the staff and posters of Tip.it really want. But unless people are willing to step up and say what they want, it is unlikely that anything will change.

Your telling one of the creators of TWR that they don't know what they're talking about. Someone who was staff before you were active on tipit CD. Someone whos put a ton more time into this section than you have. Not trying to brag but just saying, don't be so quick to assume. And no, activity isn't about posting on every war topic, i could care less if they did or not. Activity is about posting on every suggestion topic (aka this one), fufilling promises, giving updates, coming up with new ways to boost the community. None of that's happening and the current CD systems are weak atm, so yea, i'm sticking to inactive staff on this one.
Posted Image

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

Your telling one of the creators of TWR that they don't know what they're talking about.

Because you don't.

You said it yourself you weren't around, weren't active (for at least a year now, be honest). Half of the points you had brought up have already been answered, if you could bother to rouse yourself and look. If you intend to preach, you had best have a more sturdy foundation than a dusty and dubious history and no current knowledge of the community you're lecturing to, no knowledge of what tipit has even tried to do. No knowledge of what's even going on outside of Tip.it.

Take a moment, get to know what you claim you once invested so much time and love into in order to learn what it has truly happened, both in accomplishments and plans that didn't work, since your departure. It'll be a step in the right direction instead of talking with rose tinted glasses on pulling facts out of your backside. This thread isn't a personal soapbox for a wounded pride.

hzvjpwS.gif

Gamerr
[ Display Name History ]

Gamerr

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,327 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Haven't been the most active around here, but i've swept through every so often. And nor have i read the comments on this thread. But I think the major problem is a dead staff here. If you want to be the "best clan forums" in the runescape circle, you need to have the best clan staff. Tipit's had the best clan staff at times (not pointing at the clan staff i was in, but also the immediate clan staffs before and after me), but right now this clan staff looks dead and as effective as runevillage's. Its pretty safe to say the less intelligent zybez clan staff is yet still on another level then the one here at tip it now. What happened to clan tournaments? What happened to #clans being active? What happened to the clan memberlist system? This community can't have the tight knit tipit community that anyone is looking for without energy pushing it. And there's really no energy pushing anything here. Its a shame, potential is just laying on the shelfs.

I'm going to comment on parts of this quote further in my post, but what I don't understand is that nobody of the clan staff responds to this. Wheter he is right or wrong, if I was a clan staff member I'd jump on that post to proof him wrong, or atleast give a short insight of my opinion. But that's just something that popped in my head when I saw this...

First of all I'd like to say a great post unclebilly, enjoyed reading it. However, I don't agree with this part tho. I do think that users are mainly responsible for the activity of the clan boards, however the staff can help. I think of the clan staff as the engine of the clan boards, they have to start things up and keep the train going. Ofcourse there could be more discussions, but there used to be some sort of agreement when I was in it that one of the staff members made an interesting discussion topic every week with some insights in the clan world, the wilderness, ... I don't understand how with the wilderness returning there are hardy topics about it. The last discussion topic made by a clan staff member dates from months ago..

Activity is about posting on every suggestion topic (aka this one), fufilling promises, giving updates, coming up with new ways to boost the community.

Got to agree with Pan here. Activity is also posting updates about what the clan staff are doing. Are you thinking about changing the TWR with the new wilderness? Are you working on something? What is happening with some projects your working on? What is the opinion of the clan staff on all these matters? How do you expect to keep tip.it operational the next months? etc, etc...

Posted Image

Pan_Nx
[ Display Name History ]

Pan_Nx

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 3,314 posts

Your telling one of the creators of TWR that they don't know what they're talking about.

Because you don't.

You said it yourself you weren't around, weren't active (for at least a year now, be honest). Half of the points you had brought up have already been answered, if you could bother to rouse yourself and look. If you intend to preach, you had best have a more sturdy foundation than a dusty and dubious history and no current knowledge of the community you're lecturing to, no knowledge of what tipit has even tried to do. No knowledge of what's even going on outside of Tip.it.

Take a moment, get to know what you claim you once invested so much time and love into in order to learn what it has truly happened, both in accomplishments and plans that didn't work, since your departure. It'll be a step in the right direction instead of talking with rose tinted glasses on pulling facts out of your backside. This thread isn't a personal soapbox for a wounded pride.

I really didn't raise too many points in my post, you're just like going on your own little rage or something. I had one point: Inactive staff. And when i said "inactive staff" i mean they aren't meeting the demands. There could be two different wrongs in a staff; 1] they just suck and make terrible decisions or 2] they aren't active enough to meet the goal. I'm going with #2 for our staff here. Hmm... so what's that word for not being active enough? Oh yeah.. that'd be inactive.
Posted Image

Recent blog entries on this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users