Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tip.it and TWR need a jump start.

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

1] they just suck and make terrible decisions or 2] they aren't active enough to meet the goal. I'm going with #2 for our staff here. Hmm... so what's that word for not being active enough? Oh yeah.. that'd be inactive.

And again, if you were around you'd see that there's activity there. But this time is different than your time--worlds apart. You can't compare them. Stop holding them to your own twisted standard of yourself as a staff member; it was drastically skewed and overinflated.

hzvjpwS.gif

Pan_Nx
[ Display Name History ]

Pan_Nx

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 3,314 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Pan Nx
  • Clan:Nexus

1] they just suck and make terrible decisions or 2] they aren't active enough to meet the goal. I'm going with #2 for our staff here. Hmm... so what's that word for not being active enough? Oh yeah.. that'd be inactive.

And again, if you were around you'd see that there's activity there. But this time is different than your time--worlds apart. You can't compare them. Stop holding them to your own twisted standard of yourself as a staff member; it was drastically skewed and overinflated.

Seriously, take a deep breath. I'm not hear to get a ego boost or anything from this place, never have been. My time? What are you talking about. It wasn't just the staff I was in, the staff after me was just fine and did a decent job. They held tipit to a high level of quality, you may even been in that staff, I can't remember. And i've said that in a previous post in this thread. But no, activity's not here, there or anywhere in this section (like it had been), hasn't been for months now. Your acting like i've been dead for the past 5 years. I've been leading a runescape clan this whole time, warring or not, it makes me aware of the clan community. Just months ago I viewed this section daily (when I was in warring clans), and since then it's been on a weekly basis. But besides, i'm not sure why you are just throwing sand here. The timeline of Pan's clanning isn't important here and I don't think anyone in this thread really cares to know about my history. Well except for you, apparently.
Posted Image

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
If you weren't comparing now to your tenure on the staff and you admit you're not active and by all accounts unaware of what's been going on in the clan section how do you propose to justify your complaints?

Perhaps you just enjoy writing paragraphs and forgetting where your enter key is to spout off some hearsay? By all accounts your only real experience in clanning was in Legacy and they died nearly a year ago and you've been out of touch ever since. I find your criticism irrelevant and practically useless, which is a shame because you're not a dim fellow. You're actually quite smart if you'd put your head out from the sand and work on something worth talking about.

hzvjpwS.gif

das
[ Display Name History ]

das

The Collector

• Members
  • 7,895 posts
4 former clan staff posting in a row.

All who know the stress of the job, the unforgiving workload, the flames and the lack of any gratitude by the community in general.

I'd like to think you all know that it has a high turnover rate, and I can't blame any of you for that, some of you lost interest, had real life commitments and some moved on for other reasons, but I think you all know to various degrees how damn hard we looked for staff almost constantly how careful we are in selecting people that won't tarnish our image that we have worked so hard to build from what we came from. it's not an easy magical process to just make new people on staff.

It's not easy staffing the clan section, all 4 of you know how hard it was to find pitiable candidates - I'm not saying they are not out there. They are.

I can name every clan staff since we started our rebuild and each team had their own strengths and weaknesses. Each team had the same drive, passion, dedication.

What I like to see though is intelligent input and users wanting this community to improve, when users act like community leaders, the opportunity is generally given because as an admin, I want users who are passionate and dedicated to this forum running it

This is a community for the users, You want change, speak up and we will listen and work with you on making it happen or compromising because - This is your house.

edit: I hope this post makes sense after superbowl partying.
F'ing packers.
"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."
Abraham Lincoln

unclebilly1
[ Display Name History ]

unclebilly1

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Sooner Rex
  • Clan:Runescape Dinasty
Kim doing work, lol :thumbsup: <3:

To Pan:

You get way to defensive there, amigo. Yes, my post was directed at you; however, it echoes for everything TWR related. The staff do a lot of things behind the scenes, but I can tell you honestly there is not a ton to work with in regards to the TWR. This has spiraled into an discussion of the overall activity of the Clan Discussion forum, and hey, that's fine, they do go hand in hand, but my post was about the TWR specifically, not about the entirety of Clan Discussion.

I don't know exactly when you were on the Clan Staff here, but it was at least 2+ years ago, and a lot has changed since then. 2 years ago there were a lot more active clans on TWR (40+ clans warring often). Now there are not (20 clans warring infrequently). The staff is not to blame for these clans not fighting each other. Sure they could cut the inactives, and probably should, but then there would 6 clans left. Only 6 have warred this year.

And I've been posting on Tip.it since 2005 and an avid reader of it even longer, so don't pull that "I've been around longer than you so I know everything" nonsense. It's condescending and pretentious and doesn't impress anyone.

To Gamerr:

I agree with you. My post was mainly about the TWR and not necessarily the CD forum, but you're right about that. The CL's and Mods should be more active in posting interesting topics there. When I was staff here we did a pretty poor job at it also (the CL's, the Mods did alright), but Kim and YGuy were pretty active in that department. The rule probably still exists, and should be utilized.

To play devil's advocate, though, let me ask you this . . . do people post on RSC Clan Discussion boards because of the excellent moderation? I rarely see interesting topics made by moderators, and usually hear quite a bit of complaining about biased moderation there. I don't personally agree with that, just throwing it out for discussion.

On Topic:

One thing we haven't really considered is the mixture of PVP vs CWA-only clans in the TWR.

In my opinion, the TWR was most active from early 2008 until mid-2009. Towards the end of 2009 the activity slumped, and all throughout 2010 and 2011 is just sits there on life support.

When the TWR was rocking, Clan Wars was the only place for clans to fight. Yes, there was the BH crater, but is was modified in February 2008 to the 'special single' monstrosity that prevented clan combat but did allow for some pretty special pile-jumping. Nice call there, Jagex. :roll: Mid-level clans weren't really dying, or at least not any faster or slower than big clans, because everyone was in the same boat. If you wanted to fight, you had to go to clan wars. So essentially every clan was a clan wars clan. And that worked for about a year and a half, until May 2009, when the BH/PVP worlds were released.

Now clans had an option, they could fight in the 'wildy' or they could continue in clan wars. Different clans went different ways, and the TWR started losing momentum, all the way until now where we have what we have. Now with PVP back in full-swing and in all worlds, the TWR needs to pick a side.

Right now there are 23 clans on the TWR list. 12 actively do PVP (by PVP I mean fight in the wilderness). 5 are primarily clan wars, and the others I don't know enough about to say what they are. What that means for the TWR is while there are 23 active clans to choose from, there are in reality far less that that. A PVP clan would much rather fight in the wilderness, while CWA teams obviously want to fight in clan wars. Neither would be extremely willing to give up their preferred fighting place, and since the PVP clans would have to fight in clan wars since it's default rules, they generally go inactive on the TWR, preferring to spend their time fighting where they enjoy it the most. A quick glance over the TWR list proves this.

So, in my opinion, the TWR needs to go PVP-only or Clan Wars-only. Right now there's just too much varience in the styles of clans to have any kind of meaningful rankings or fights. Crimson Raiders are never going to bother to set up a fight with KOA in Clan Wars because they prefer PVP and that fight would be a waste of their time. KOA would have no interest in that fight either. Right now the TWR is trying to be all things to all people, and that almost never works. In addition, I would allow PKRI's, both capped and uncapped, as valid wars on the TWR.

TL; DR Summary:

In my opinion, I think the TWR would be better of as a PVP-only list, only allowing Clan Wars if both clans agree on it. And, to have a better chance to get some bigger fish, allow capped uncapped PKRI's to be used as a valid TWR war. That would fix the major problem people had with the RAW list, is that the RAW list didn't allow PKRI's as acceptable wars. Yes, there would be some drama, but some drama is OK. It's 90% of what fuels RSC, and I think we all agree RSC is the most active Clan Board there is.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageFormer Admin of The Death MonkeighsPosted Image
Posted ImageFormer Vengeance CouncilPosted Image
Posted ImageFormer Eternal Honour MemberPosted Image
Posted ImageCurrent Runescape Dinasty Supreme MemberPosted Image

Danny_TeamDan
[ Display Name History ]

Danny_TeamDan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,404 posts
  • Clan:Downfall
solace keyboard warrior unit fallin

the staff could be way more active takes months for anything new/changes to be made and none of them will talk or greet people in #clans anymore none start discussions.

Posted Image

Nobody
[ Display Name History ]

Nobody

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,722 posts
  • RSN:Quikdrawjoe
  • Clan:None
Let's keep personal conversations in PM.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Ankit
[ Display Name History ]

Ankit

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • RSN:Rawr Ankit
  • Clan:Solace

solace keyboard warrior unit fallin

ijgadjkdgsklawdtgnaiosdtgnwaetiondvklsdnv;lsdkgnasdgl;knawe0tigw302359t3ofkdlannfa'lskfnasfl'kansfasklf 'alskfn3twqlktnq20t

In all seriousness, the overall activity of the clans that are deemed "active" on should pick up and then perhaps more clans would join in. It's probably not as easy as that but just a though.

#Solace | Solace Senior Member | Solace Forums | Solace Memberlist
Posted Image
I'm making a killing here, I think I should be on top of the world just chilling here.

_Douglas
[ Display Name History ]

_Douglas

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Clan:The Gladiatorz 110+ F2P Combat
It's been a while. Any news on this issue from the TWR representatives?

Proud Gladiator

Posted Image

Recent blog entries on this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users