Wildy/Trade - Expect news on Monday (official)

@Dan3HitU

They're holding some "meetings" and when they have "concrete information" that's approved by Andrew, etc Jagex will let us know.

My opinion; both will return in March sometime.

clan-chat-image.gif

[spoiler=Monday news]66565413hu154.png

[spoiler=Video of clan-chat]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzIALPHdtnk

[spoiler=My idea of PvP worlds, don't delete them, make them better!]Personally, I still feel that "PvP worlds" could be better, I mean, don't remove them from the game, just change things a little, here's what I mean.

Have say 15 maybe 20 worlds (P2P, F2P would get the same, so 30-40 worlds in total) dedicated to "PvP" meaning the only map that will load would be the Wilderness and small area off it (or all map but only certain NPCs like bankers, etc).

This way I feel all worlds would be "less busy" for non-PvP and there's more chance of actually finding a fight rather than logging in and searching, plus with the large amount of worlds dedicated to it, you wouldn't lag so much either, there's nothing worse than going to say World 18 (as it used to be) and getting huge lag spikes during a fight.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't expect a quick return of those features to the game.

There is a lot of content that will need restructuring - Corporeal beast, related quests, other stuff in wild that i don't remember now, changes in ge mechanics ...

it might take a WHILE

I think we'll see it sooner than we may think. They did not come into this petition/poll blind and unprepared. They knew that the players were going to respond positively to bringing the wilderness and free trade back. They've probably got a solid head start on getting the code into the game.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Didn't MMG or mod mark say they could put everyone on this and get it done fast? I cba looking for the quote.

I think that was MMG, but he says a lot of stuff what isn't true.

I'm sure they could get it done for maybe February, but realistically I think March is going to be the month, I mean, they have loads of stuff that needs moving.

At earliest, late February.

But yeah, most likely in March if it's coming out this soon.

My thoughts too, unless they have been very pre-emtive they've probably got a lot of work to do if they decide to implement this so we probably wont see it for a couple of months at least. Glad we're seemingly going to get a quick response from Jagex on this though, should hopefully end the speculation about if it is going to happen :thumbup:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Sorry to go kinda off topic but Grimy_Bunyip, your third manga recommendation's url is messed up.

Anyway, I wonder what they're are going to discuss more then just if they should bring it back at the meeting.

I mean, it can't just be that. I'm sure they discussed it earlier when they could see that "Yes" was clearly going to win.

Maybe other extra features.

Voting for RuneScape's Referendum has now closed. The community's response has been incredible, with well over 1.2 million votes cast in just three short weeks.

The results are now in and, with 91% of the vote, you’ve told us loudly and clearly that you support the restoration of free trade and the Wilderness, and so it shall return!

On behalf of everyone here at Jagex, we want to express our sincerest thanks for your votes, feedback and for playing such an important role in deciding the future of your game. We have been overwhelmed by the number of you who took part, and are extremely grateful to all those who took it upon themselves to campaign so passionately both for and against the proposed update.

While the percentage of votes speak for themselves, it’s important that we seriously consider all of your feedback and comments. So, we’ll be sitting down this weekend to consider the next steps and will be making an official announcement with more details on Monday 17th January.

Mark Gerhard and the RuneScape Team

It's coming back then :thumbup:

Edit: The part in italics was in the original news post, however within 5 minutes of them posting it they removed that line.

SLwQsg1.png

Sorry to say this but if you look at the newsletter again you'll see that they have taken away the ", and so it shall return!" piece. ;_;

Either a error or a quick hint like they did with Torva armor in the kb.

Well that was fast :blink: I'll keep it there anyway, Jagex seem to have been doing that a lot lately :rolleyes:

SLwQsg1.png

Are you a wizard? Or do you have unlimited terabytes and the ability to record 24/6 (praise the lord on the Sunday, of course)?

Just saying, i always seem to miss this sort of thing. I'm too slow to even get a print screen... heh. Great work :P

I hope it is out soon, but at the same time i don't. Despite how much i can't wait for the old wilderness and free trade to return, it will still be hard to see bounty hunter and PVP worlds go. I think it would be brilliant if they compensated for PVP worlds with world wide duelling, like in classic. Maybe only in certain worlds, like PVP, but either way it would be great to be able to simply fight anyone where ever. Always felt so epic to down someone in the middle of Ardougne.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.