Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wildy/Trade - Expect news on Monday (official)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,477 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

IMO, Jagex has been been planning on bringing back free trade/old wildy for months, long before the first poll. The poll was used as a gimmick to generate hype for Jagex but they've been prepared with the coding for a while. Now they're milking it for what they can and they'll bring it back right around the same time they announce another bonus XP weekend. It'll be 6 months since the last one in March, right? Timing seems to add up. IMO, they want to do another BXPW but don't like the chaos it caused in the non-free trade economy. What better way to have the "best update of the year" by announcing free trade and BXPW at the same time?

You might be onto something

WeatherMatt
[ Display Name History ]

WeatherMatt

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:WeatherMatt
  • RSN2:DIY WMatt
I'm thinking free trade and old wildy (FT/OW) is coming back much sooner rather than later. Monday? No, too soon. But starting a week or so from Monday, I see it as a strong possibility to come back at any time:

* Jagex have stated that the actual recoding of the game would take little time at all (and if they were smart and planned ahead, much of it would be in QA right now). This isn't creating new content, this is just placing it elsewhere. Granted, there are a lot of extraneous bits (such as game lore) to consider, but Jagex have shown a disregard for seriously considering lore in updates/changes in the past, and I don't see that changing.

* Jagex would not even hint about the possibility of FT/OW happening (much less run a petition followed by a referendum) if they actually couldn't deliver. It'd be like a poll asking if the playerbase all wanted horses. Anyone could see the vote would be overwhelmingly yes, and if Jagex couldn't technically deliver, there would be incredible backlash, which leads to...

* The support is incredibly overwhelming. This is not a close vote. If Jagex were to say no to FT/OW after 90%+ of the (voting) community desired it, it would create a tsunami of backlash. Not only would Jagex lose all of the potential '07 quitters who would have returned, but potentially a sizable portion of the current playerbase, plus any and all credibility of those that continued to play. It would torpedo RS's image and Jagex's finances.

So at this point, we know it's coming back. But why so soon?

* Jagex wants to capitalize now, while the buzz is still hot. Players are going to forget by the time March or so comes around and play something else.

* Simple finances. Most people predict a swell of new/old subscribers whenever FT/OW comes back. If that can be technically achieved in late January as opposed to March (see point #1), then why wouldn't Jagex want their monies sooner?

Will they do such a great job of implementation? Probably not superb - QA has the inherent flaw in that it's not 10,000,000 active players, and Jagex sometimes fails to apply simple logic when conducting wholescale changes to their game. But at this point there's no going back now, so I think FT/OW will come fairly soon.

x_bow80
[ Display Name History ]

x_bow80

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,909 posts
  • RSN:X Bow800

I'm thinking free trade and old wildy (FT/OW) is coming back much sooner rather than later. Monday? No, too soon. But starting a week or so from Monday, I see it as a strong possibility to come back at any time:

* Jagex have stated that the actual recoding of the game would take little time at all (and if they were smart and planned ahead, much of it would be in QA right now). This isn't creating new content, this is just placing it elsewhere. Granted, there are a lot of extraneous bits (such as game lore) to consider, but Jagex have shown a disregard for seriously considering lore in updates/changes in the past, and I don't see that changing.

Yea it could be that easy, but i think the part thats going to take them the longest to do is figuring out how the GE will work now. Maybe it will just have the average selling price or something, so it still shows what the price of the item is but with no price constraints.

They're also going to have to improve their bot detection system or w/e. Cus with this update gold farmers in china are going to [bleep] their pants for days.

jonni
[ Display Name History ]

jonni

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts
checking the mainpage for the first time in a few months, this wasn't quite what i expected to see :uhh:

WeatherMatt
[ Display Name History ]

WeatherMatt

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • RSN:WeatherMatt
  • RSN2:DIY WMatt

Yea it could be that easy, but i think the part thats going to take them the longest to do is figuring out how the GE will work now. Maybe it will just have the average selling price or something, so it still shows what the price of the item is but with no price constraints.

They're also going to have to improve their bot detection system or w/e. Cus with this update gold farmers in china are going to [bleep] their pants for days.

They've pretty much revealed how the GE would work with FT, and it's basically how you describe - removal of price ceilings and floors, and an average price derived from all trades made between updates. Just like how it works today, except prices will be almost infinitely more fluid.

The second part about bot detection goes back to my point of if they didn't think they could do this, they wouldn't try. Obviously Jagex thinks they can shut down/counter gold farmers with whatever newfangled technology they have. After all, gold farmers (and stolen credit cards) almost forced a shutdown of RS back in '07 or so, which was the main reason for restricting the possibilities of RWT in the first place.

Laura
[ Display Name History ]

Laura

Cor Aut Mors

• Members
  • 3,425 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
The poll was finished a few hours after it was released. I believe that they have been working on it this whole time.
Posted Image

Demario
[ Display Name History ]

Demario

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • RSN:Demario
I hope jagex bring good system to catch the scammers/hackers/RWT this time.

'Cus it's not fun to remove the FT/OW again also not fun to ruin the game ??

so WATCHOUT!! Don't get yourself banned!!! you have been warned..

My vengeance is everything..
..everything must come to an end

Demario
[ Display Name History ]

Demario

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 652 posts

The poll was finished a few hours after it was released. I believe that they have been working on it this whole time.

Everything is READY! they already know everyone wants that to happen and ppl hoping jagex to re-release it again.. but as i said i think with good system to catch hackers/scammers/RWT.

Demario
[ Display Name History ]

Demario

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 652 posts
Guys!!! seriously what if this update is next april's fool ? lol.. i know it's early but the month is coming after 2 months and half?

lordkafei
[ Display Name History ]

lordkafei

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,123 posts
  • RSN:Kafei Nation
In after the trifecta.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Triquos
[ Display Name History ]

Triquos

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

Guys!!! seriously what if this update is next april's fool ? lol.. i know it's early but the month is coming after 2 months and half?

There was already that 'wet and wildy' fun park behind the scenes joke last year, but that was to be expected, and it was actually in April. I seriously doubt they'd put their cash cow (Runescape) in jeopardy by saying they'll bring it back, only to then disappoint 91% of the players by saying they were joking.

I think it will come back mid February/March. I'm guessing they saved the file/scripts/whatever it is from the old wilderness + free trade system, so should they ever bring it back, they have something to work with. The moving of quests/bosses/minigames will take a while though, but like others have said, if Jagex get the entire team working on it, it could be finished in no time :thumbup:

It's been so long since we had wildy/free trade, I forgot what it was like. An example being how merchanters made money. From memory, items and their prices were pretty much set in concrete, as it was player driven, and you had to compete with other players prices, usually selling things cheaper than you would have liked to etc. however if there was high demand, the players with that particular item held all the cards, and were able to set the price and demand.

Well, whatever happens to the market, I can't wait for it all to be back :-D
Posted Image

Bangin_Blonde
[ Display Name History ]

Bangin_Blonde

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 294 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Honeypot_Grl
  • Clan:I don't Clan
You mean I can finally get items that I want again without having to waste hours and hours accumulating worthless crap? Yay! :thumbsup:

Ezkaton
[ Display Name History ]

Ezkaton

#1 Bad Maxer

• Members
  • 2,387 posts
  • RSN:Ezkaton
  • Clan:EoE

- Full rune back to 200k

I'm not exactly brimming with joy at what FT and OW will bring as I'm an 08 'Scaper, however, if this happens then my smithing will be worth money! Tbh is this the smithing rework? The fact that rune prices will rocket aparrently making smithing a fairly profitable skill again?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Bangin_Blonde
[ Display Name History ]

Bangin_Blonde

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 294 posts

- Full rune back to 200k

I'm not exactly brimming with joy at what FT and OW will bring as I'm an 08 'Scaper, however, if this happens then my smithing will be worth money! Tbh is this the smithing rework? The fact that rune prices will rocket aparrently making smithing a fairly profitable skill again?

No, your skill will be worthless for at least another year.

x_bow80
[ Display Name History ]

x_bow80

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,909 posts
  • RSN:X Bow800
So if the speculation is true and they have been working on this for some time now, what everyone trolled jagex and voted no on the poll so all their work went down the drain. Its stupid but i laughed to myself when i thought of it :rolleyes:

Soma2035
[ Display Name History ]

Soma2035

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,440 posts
Wouldn't rune go DOWN on account of the sets being passed from person to person instead of being replaced by pure cash?

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,477 posts

- Full rune back to 200k

Only if the GE no longer proves to be an efficient way to buy and sell goods. Likely you would have good luck selling full rune sets individually for 200k, other then that it will follow its GE price

Wessan
[ Display Name History ]

Wessan

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • RSN:Wessan
I hope they dont release it for awhile cause I have a longshot bet on an April release. A few friends and I have a small 10mil pool on when free trade is released. Winner gets a 1 mil from everyone.

wessan.png

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts
We probably won't get free trade and wildy back all that soon, there are tons of things in the "new" wildy that need to be relocated.

February is probably the release month.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Bangin_Blonde
[ Display Name History ]

Bangin_Blonde

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 294 posts

We probably won't get free trade and wildy back all that soon, there are tons of things in the "new" wildy that need to be relocated.

February is probably the release month.

Just as long as they don't jam a square update in a circle month. <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users