Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wildy/Trade - Expect news on Monday (official)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

Mazhar
[ Display Name History ]

Mazhar

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,242 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
I really hope they make items you drop on the floor just disappear as they do now
I don't want to feel like i gotta loot a drop asap to be free from another spastic coming and looting it

bored321
[ Display Name History ]

bored321

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Tera

Ah, those were the days. I remember being on both sides of that coin. One time I died at Karamja volcano lessers because I logged out of the game to deal with some IRL stuff... I came back to the game to find myself not only still logged in, but dead. Made my way back to the volcano and the players were nice enough to hand most of my stuff back over. I also remember the people who would teleport away to Falador after they were fighting some sort of poisonous monster. I remember one instance in particular where the guy must have disconnected or something and everyone death dotted on top of the poor soul as his life chipped away. When he finally died, everyone made off with his stuff and it was like a miniature drop party.

I'm sure that most people who played back then have similar memories. I remember one of the thrills for me is that knowing if I died that people would loot my corpse and take my stuff. Quite the incentive to stay alive!

Yeah, and also strange plants/swarms/dwarf killing people who were afk. I seemed to attract those people where ever I trained.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Ah, those were the days. I remember being on both sides of that coin. One time I died at Karamja volcano lessers because I logged out of the game to deal with some IRL stuff... I came back to the game to find myself not only still logged in, but dead. Made my way back to the volcano and the players were nice enough to hand most of my stuff back over.

Someone died at volcano, i picked up the stuff, which was Zamorak kiteshield and full helm and alot more. I gave the stuff back. Was that maybe you? Runescape has many players, but worth asking.

Dark_Yeng
[ Display Name History ]

Dark_Yeng

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Dark Yeng
  • Clan:Retired

Will it be against the rules to trade between accounts because i av 3m i need to trade on my main, will it count as rwt?

Could always give the items to one of your best/close trusted friends, had him give back to your other guy.

That, and drop trade/trade with two accounts on different PC. The old days, lol.

Not worth a ban hammer doing it these days imo.

All i know is, Pking is coming back, but wont be the same as it was in the good old days...

Yea...

I'm looking forward to the news on Monday. It batter be a good one. :ph34r:
Posted Image
2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).
2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

JeremyM
[ Display Name History ]

JeremyM

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 959 posts

Ah, those were the days. I remember being on both sides of that coin. One time I died at Karamja volcano lessers because I logged out of the game to deal with some IRL stuff... I came back to the game to find myself not only still logged in, but dead. Made my way back to the volcano and the players were nice enough to hand most of my stuff back over. I also remember the people who would teleport away to Falador after they were fighting some sort of poisonous monster. I remember one instance in particular where the guy must have disconnected or something and everyone death dotted on top of the poor soul as his life chipped away. When he finally died, everyone made off with his stuff and it was like a miniature drop party.

I'm sure that most people who played back then have similar memories. I remember one of the thrills for me is that knowing if I died that people would loot my corpse and take my stuff. Quite the incentive to stay alive!

Yeah, and also strange plants/swarms/dwarf killing people who were afk. I seemed to attract those people where ever I trained.

Yeah I've been there. One time I was training at rock crab a bit on my staker and a guy was cannoning so he had like 4 attacking him and he was low level. He died and lost probably 15k cballs, ranger boots, and robin hat. I was a pretty rich staker at the time so I PM'ed him and told him I had picked up his stuff and his response was something along the lines of "OMG GIVE IT BACK TO ME NOW U N0000B!". Needless to say, I kept it just because of his attitude :)

Posted Image

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

Low C
[ Display Name History ]

Low C

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,242 posts
  • RSN:Lowc15
  • Clan:Primacy

I really hope they make items you drop on the floor just disappear as they do now
I don't want to feel like i gotta loot a drop asap to be free from another spastic coming and looting it

Monster drops were never visible to random people back then. You had so long before they became visible.

Low_C.png

UserOnRS
[ Display Name History ]

UserOnRS

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • RSN:User
How can everyone remember great stuff when everything I think about now is better than it was before? :P I died in lumbridge bank before and the guys would only sell my rune amour back at inflated prices and I agreed because otherwise I'd take me ages to buy it back. :P There's the GE at least now so this wouldn't happen but I still think the game is better now than before having played during both time periods.

I'll just post about PVP though:

IMO, the wilderness isn't going to be anything like it was before anyway by the sound of it - wilderness used to be free of rules and restrictions but they're thinking of banning weapons, armour, prayers, potions etc (http://forum.tip.it/...king-confirmed/).

Combined with the return of PKers struggling to find fights because of non pkers being in the same place, 1 itemers PKing with no risk and being able to get full loots, teleporting without penalty, possibly being able to fight with untradables and getting them back on death, the possible removal of PVP gear, statuettes, and brawling gloves, the removal of being able to fight anywhere on the map, the removal of hiscores and other reasons, I don't see how PvP will be any better than it is at the moment.

I also don't think they'll return everything planned in full and they'll be some sort of compromise because over 100,000 people voted no, whom can't be ignored, even though they are a minority.

We'll see what happens tomorrow though.
Posted Image

Bangin_Blonde
[ Display Name History ]

Bangin_Blonde

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 294 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Honeypot_Grl
  • Clan:I don't Clan
Maybe in celebration of MLK day in the states, they will announce our freedom from the slavery of the GE and trade limits? :shades:

Dazzuh
[ Display Name History ]

Dazzuh

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,449 posts
  • RSN:Dazzuh
  • RSN2:Nub Hybrid
The Grand Exchange was a great idea and I'm glad it's remaining. However I'd accept the Grand Exchange being abolished for Free Trade and Wilderness to come back if that needed to happen, I can't wait. :)

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

Bangin_Blonde
[ Display Name History ]

Bangin_Blonde

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 294 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Honeypot_Grl
  • Clan:I don't Clan

The Grand Exchange was a great idea and I'm glad it's remaining. However I'd accept the Grand Exchange being abolished for Free Trade and Wilderness to come back if that needed to happen, I can't wait. :)

As do I, but it's pretty much that if I want anything at all, I gotta go to GE. I want the ability to get what I want, pay more, and get it now.

VonMedo
[ Display Name History ]

VonMedo

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • RSN:Medo Z G

This would be a good topic for debate,GE makes runescape much "easier" so many low items than can be bought quickly,with GE every item can get buyer easily.
we do have forums for trading but GE is so much easier to use

M3DO.png

Mamiću odlazi!

meb
[ Display Name History ]

meb

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,930 posts
  • RSN:Red ftk bolt
  • Clan:The Slayers Guild

Sweet. I can't wait to start trimming some amrour.

I lol'd.
Retired
2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Pirkka
[ Display Name History ]

Pirkka

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,165 posts
Just wait for February's BTS, you guys.
Posted Image
40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

Posted Image

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

Krohboy
[ Display Name History ]

Krohboy

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • RSN:X_Krohboy_X
This is huge for them IMO. I mean I will start playing again and I haven't logged in since the day all this was taken away.
| Back From Retirement | Known as Tylerk116 |
Posted Image

All_Is_Great
[ Display Name History ]

All_Is_Great

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,498 posts
February 1st you guys! I was right on!! Can't wait :thumbsup:

Staurolite.png

Stommel
[ Display Name History ]

Stommel

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • RSN:Blood Neck
  • RSN2:brodoink2
Yeah, sooner than i expected :)

Expect the GE graphs are gonna be interesting for the next couple of weeks

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

Posted Image

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
Two weeks only? It's almost as if they were going to put it in anyway and only made that poll up for a publicity stunt...

I know... seriously! :blink:

All_Is_Great
[ Display Name History ]

All_Is_Great

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,498 posts

Two weeks only? It's almost as if they were going to put it in anyway and only made that poll up for a publicity stunt...

I know... seriously! :blink:

I think someone's bitter! :lol:

Staurolite.png

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RSN:Bernkastel
I think that we can close this thread now to avoid having three threads all on pretty much the same thing.

To talk about what's going to happen in the next 2 weeks and the news update Jagex just made, post in this thread. And for the more general discussion on Wildy and Free trade post in this thread :)

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users