Wilderness and Free Trade will return - 17 January 2011

Noobzy

So now we know why content has been so shockingly poor recently, they've been working on this. :rolleyes:

2 weeks doesn't mean they've been working on it. It's not exactly a hard or time consuming thing to do, and MMG said he'd get the entire team working on it once it's official (now)

You think Jagex can pull a game-changing update out of their arse in two weeks?

Ok then..

I think that Jagex can because all they have to do is go back in their files, update the graphics and some of the code, fix some patches and so on and they have wildy and free trade ready.

You clearly don't understand how much work goes into game development then. If you were talking about a small update, that alone would take at least 3 months. We're talking about a vast update that requires a huge rework of multiple large pieces of content. That takes at least 6 months. There's also been multiple game engine changes since, old code probably isn't even compatible any more. The moral of this story: Never take Jagex's word as gospel.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well -- one thing is for certain -- I am not going to wear ANYTHING of value ANYWHERE for at least a week. Just to make absolutely sure we don't end up with another 6/6/6 fiasco and another Durial321 wannabe ... :unsure:

In the meantime -- look at all the great stuff that's coming back:

• Unlimited begging;
  • Free armour trimming;
  • All you can eat scamming;
  • Unlimited botting;
  • Account sharing;
  • Real World Trading;
  • Gold farmers;
  • and much much more!

YAY! -- I can't wait!!! :rolleyes:

For some reason, I can't wait either. Guess it cause of the extra attention I'll get from people who are just after my money (they aren't getting any though).

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Well -- one thing is for certain -- I am not going to wear ANYTHING of value ANYWHERE for at least a week. Just to make absolutely sure we don't end up with another 6/6/6 fiasco and another Durial321 wannabe ... :unsure:

• Unlimited begging;
  • Free armour trimming;
  • Unlimited botting;
  • Account sharing;
  • Real World Trading;
  • Gold farmers;
  • and much much more!

okay, most of your points have some merit to them, but how do you explain this?

• Account sharing;

are you [developmentally delayed]ed?

I'm referring to those who operate more than one account, simultaneously, then transfer the wealth from these other accounts into one central account. Once upon a time, such methods were considered "against the rules", as I recall.

quit then :)

Meh - evolve or die, I always say. I'll continue to play. I only hope that Jagex will allow us to increase the limit on our Ignore List within the game. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, IMO, Jagex are letting the worst dregs of the game dictate how it's going to be played. The people who want to scam, steal and otherwise generally behave badly, are being given free licence, once again, to wreak havoc upon the unsuspecting and ill-prepared.

<_<

nyuseg.png

Lets see all the work that needs to be done.

- Remove limits on the GE. Since they arent remaking the GE that is only a few lines of code.

- Remove limits on trade. Also just a few lines of code.

- Relocate the volcano and all the other post 07 wilderness updates to an island east of the wilderness. Since they arent remaking any of the content and just moving it, it should a week (if that) for the entire graphical team to be working on the island and maybe adding some eyecandy to it like skeletons, ruins, trees, mountains, etc.

- Also with another team recoding the rev routes on that island. NOT remaking revs entirely it should only be a day of coding

- Reverting shops to their original restock method and visible supply to everyone (a few lines of code *which i am sure they saved from 07 anyways*)

- Rewording quests to say that they will take place on the wilderness island (where everything is getting moved to) instead of the wilderness, and some quest scenes like WGS maybe a week on this.

- Reworking the pvp code to be as it was in 07, with probably some decision making on different untradable items that didnt exist back in the day as well as reworking the code for Brawlers drops, and corrupt/other pvp items.

- Allowing unlimited staking again (few lines of code)

I dont think I missed anything else...

I have no doubt at all that it is possible for it to be done in 15 days

Well, don'tknow if it's minor detail, but there are still the test facilities. Running the tests, depending on their complexity etc can be rather time consuming, so I wouldn't just negate them. Then again, if their code is robust and easily modifyable, you'd expect these tests to give mostly positive results. Then again, we don't know anything about their test facilities (some may argue here, that for some features they don't have any as a sarcastic response).

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

• Unlimited begging;
  • Free armour trimming;
  • Unlimited botting;
  • Account sharing;
  • Real World Trading;
  • Gold farmers;
  • and much much more!

okay, most of your points have some merit to them, but how do you explain this?

• Account sharing;

are you [developmentally delayed]ed?

I'm referring to those who operate more than one account, simultaneously, then transfer the wealth from these other accounts into one central account. Once upon a time, such methods were considered "against the rules", as I recall.

quit then :)

Meh - evolve or die, I always say. I'll continue to play. I only hope that Jagex will allow us to increase the limit on our Ignore List within the game. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, IMO, Jagex are letting the worst dregs of the game dictate how it's going to be played. The people who want to scam, steal and otherwise generally behave badly, are being given free licence, once again, to wreak havoc upon the unsuspecting and ill-prepared.

<_<

At least you've got the right attitude with evolve or adapt I guess ;) Better than giving up.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

So now we know why content has been so shockingly poor recently, they've been working on this. :rolleyes:

2 weeks doesn't mean they've been working on it. It's not exactly a hard or time consuming thing to do, and MMG said he'd get the entire team working on it once it's official (now)

You think Jagex can pull a game-changing update out of their arse in two weeks?

Ok then..

Lets see all the work that needs to be done.

......"only a few lines of code"......

Famous last words. I'm pretty sure it was a "couple of lines of code" that caused people to die randomly a few years ago.

asrhasrh.jpg

- Relocate the volcano and all the other post 07 wilderness updates to an island east of the wilderness. Since they arent remaking any of the content and just moving it, it should a week (if that) for the entire graphical team to be working on the island and maybe adding some eyecandy to it like skeletons, ruins, trees, mountains, etc.

Oh! I do hope they keep the Wildy Volcano! :unsure:

It was such a nice spot to bank and telly to. So nice and central to the entire Wildy -- you could access Greater demons for slayer tasks, so easily.

Oh, and it was nice and close to those other mini-games -- like Stealing Creation -- and other related events that were nearby -- you know, like penguins, falling stars.

Not to mention that re-writing the data for the Gaming Ammy would mean some more change in codes, and they'd have to move Stealing Creation, and they'd have to remove that bank, and all the other stuff that's out there close to everything, and stuff ... :unsure:

Wow -- sounds like a lot of work to me for only two weeks, prep, doesn't it?

nyuseg.png

Well...jagex officially killed my return to runescape with this decision. It wasn't so much that they made the decision, it was mainly how they decided. I mean c'mon, they remove something, then have it return 3 years later? I say 'no thanks' on the wildy/free trade return, and a huge thumbs down to all the rulebreakers who'll benefit huge off this....

div>

For the sake of argument -- if they're going to bring back "free trade" -- will they also bring back the "unlimited" quantities of items in General Stores and other similar places?

Will one, for example, be able to buy from an unlimited quantity of bronze throwing knives ...?

:unsure:

There's no way I can see that be returning, considering that the update that gave us unlimited stocks was the very same update that removed the wilderness three years ago.

Could be that the shops are returning as how they were with free trade though, with a limited stock, shared across all players. (Oh, I remember earning money by world hopping, buying death runes at the magic arena bank)

Scherzo.png

I am curious about how Jagex is planning to handle "borrowed items" in the new "old" revised Wildy? :unsure:

"Borrowed items may not be taken across the ditch." Same goes for teleporting in.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

*parties excessively*

I don't get people who go on about RWT.

>Jagex is a business

>RWT harms their business

So logically...

>Jagex cares about stopping RWT

>Ergo they wouldn't bring back free trade if they weren't confident in their abilities of stopping RWT.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

It was such a nice spot to bank and telly to. So nice and central to the entire Wildy -- you could access Greater demons for slayer tasks, so easily.

Oh, and it was nice and close to those other mini-games -- like Stealing Creation -- and other related events that were nearby -- you know, like penguins, falling stars.

Not to mention that re-writing the data for the Gaming Ammy would mean some more change in codes, and they'd have to move Stealing Creation, and they'd have to remove that bank, and all the other stuff that's out there close to everything, and stuff ... :unsure:

#-o Thats what I forgot

- Relocate penguins and falling stars to wildy island instead of wilderness.

- Recode Gaming Ammy

But yeah the wildy volcano is convenient but I think the deal is pkers get their wilderness and skillers get theirs. I am sure wildy island where its all moved to will have green drags, clues (perhaps), slayer monsters and convience like now

Or:

Jagex could just give those people who DON'T WANT the "old Wildy" back the exact same consideration they gave all those people who complained about the removal of the "old Wildy" -- and that is, set aside certain worlds where the "current" wildy continues to exist, complete with Revanants, volcano, penguins, falling stars, and what-not ...

Or not.

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

YESSS, I might actually come back to RS now. Too bad it's finals week, or I'd power train 99 attack so I can dds stake, but I might start mage staking soon.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

I am curious about how Jagex is planning to handle "borrowed items" in the new "old" revised Wildy? :unsure:

"Borrowed items may not be taken across the ditch." Same goes for teleporting in.

They'll probably do that. :S But what about anyone who wants to use a borrowed item for the KBD/Chaos Tunnels etc?
imagangster.png

They'll probably do that. :S But what about anyone who wants to use a borrowed item for the KBD/Chaos Tunnels etc?

Too damn bad. PK'ers aren't the only danger to the wilderness, you have to survive on your ownicon_thumbs.gif

#-o Thats what I forgot

- Recode Gaming Ammy

But yeah the wildy volcano is convenient but I think the deal is pkers get their wilderness and skillers get theirs. I am sure wildy island where its all moved to will have green drags, clues (perhaps), slayer monsters and convience like now

Or:

Jagex could just give those people who DON'T WANT the "old Wildy" back the exact same consideration they gave all those people who complained about the removal of the "old Wildy" -- and that is, set aside certain worlds where the "current" wildy continues to exist, complete with Revanants, volcano, penguins, falling stars, and what-not ...

Or not.

why should they try to appease a small minority?

Or:

Or not.

Stop Making Sense. :thumbsup:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

#-o Thats what I forgot

- Recode Gaming Ammy

Or:

Or not.

why should they try to appease a small minority?

Because the small minority can shout really hard.

Anyway, I'm interested in seeing what effects this will have on the market and what all the changes will be (regarding ovls, clue scrolls and such).

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.