My DIY Blog

I started rather slowly, just turned all ma items into cash and used on Prayer/Herblore.

Then I cut yew trees and made them into yew longbows so I could afford basic armour like Proselyte and a dragon scimmy from ape atoll.

Since then it just gets faster and faster.

If you're not sure about going DIY, sell your items, but invest all your money in items, so you can go back to your normal playing way whenever, if you get bored of DIY.

Good luck :D

Done a Fire giant slayer task recently, bit of cash from alching rune items from that. Next up 109 Iron dragons!

Decided to use my small stack of runes on this and killed 50+ dragons with fire bolt lol :smile:

Ran short on antifire potions so I went on a few trips to my friends, the Chaos Druids, in the Edgeville dungeon.

Didn't realise there was a ranarr spawn in there lol, so now I have 50 prayer potions (4)... Hehe.

vP6O8.png

Click for blog - Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why thank you :P

Finished off those 109 Iron drags, absolutely zilch in terms on an interesting item :P

Next task is 238 Kalphites, bleugh, can't be bothered to do them yet, so headed off to my current hobby - Gold mining :blink:

Now I'm thinking crazy thoughts about crafting runes and going to Rock Lobbies with ice burst...Hmmmm

EDIT: To hell with this, I've got some Dungeoneering to do !!!! :angry: :angry:

vP6O8.png

Lol...kalphites were a boring task for me. I always brought a cannon, and just sat back watching the cannon 1hko them...all this diy though makes me wonder whether I should try. It wouldn't be a complete diy, it'd be like if I suddenly died in wildy one day and could only keep 3 items...hmmm...diy or attack/wc cape...the question continues...

div>

I plan on sticking to it for as long as I can, but it's pretty fun and I'll try to stick to it foreverrrrr :twisted:

But I might occasionally buy a few items, not for awhile I hope though <_<

Well good luck, it does sound kind of fun, but I don't think I could stick to it. And I find merchanting pretty fun :P

I'm doing this myself too, cant figure out how to get talismans tho -> so cant make runes -> can't make ammulets (strength or power atm, and I look silly without any ammulet...)

Also in your opinion, should I use up all my geepee's from selling my bank or do I just leave it there for when I need to buy shards or other thing's (MTK and stuff from shops etc)

:wink:

Kaiya_Tomiko.png Roky_X.png

Meh, spent an 1hr and a half yesturday killing guards, got a body talisman and a med level clue for my troubles -.-

Don't suppose you know any monster/npc's in particular that drop air, cosmic, earth, fire or law tali's? <3:

Kaiya_Tomiko.png Roky_X.png

Good luck on going DIY :)

Personally I used up all my cash on Prayer/Herblore, but it would be fine if you kept a million or so in MTK, so you don't start so slow :P

It's quite easy to get cash really, after 2 tasks of slayer and a bit of camping at Abyssals, I had 300k worth of alchable stuff :)

And also, to hell with the kalphites task, they don't give me anything interesting, I can't cannon and I can't solo the KQ...Meh. :shock:

vP6O8.png

30/01/10

Had a momentary lapse of will power, and bought stuff :(

I've decided to get back to DIY however, I'll sell all the stuff I bought and buy back the stuff I sold to buy the stuff I bought :)

Confusing, eh?

Anyways, I've been slaying a bit recently, currently on a 196 Aberrant Spectre task.

I think I'll make a slayer log :o

On a Aberrant spectre task earlier, which got me a ton of herbs, I got this ;)

runescape90strength.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

vP6O8.png

Thanks guys <3:

Been slaying recently, not got much :(

Also, first week of Kingdom of Miscellania DIY, got me a ton of stuff :o I love itttt naow!!!

vP6O8.png

Just had a living rock task, first in ages, it was awesome!!! :twss:

First of all I went and got 73 Mining to get those minerals from them :)

Got over 1500, I'm not probably set for my rocktail-fishing life, if I ever get 90 fishing.

Also got about 20 gems :)

Oh, and 91 Strength, 10k to 86 Slayer and nearly 200 Tasks done, :thumbsup:

vP6O8.png

• 1 month later...