Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wilderness and Free Trade Interview!!! - Answers On First Post!

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

I_am_Not
[ Display Name History ]

I_am_Not

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

What will happen to Brawling Gloves and Statuettes?

That^

Will pvp worlds be removed along with the ability to use brawling gloves outside the wilderness?
What will happen if you kill someone risking a chaotic? Will you, as was done with the barrelchest anchor, receive a cash drop?

That^

And,
Will you be able to re loot untradeable items upon death?
Also, will skulling/non skulling and protect item being returning?
Posted Image
If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

jjjon123
[ Display Name History ]

jjjon123

Warrior of Redwall

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:jjjon123
  • RSN2:Kirbybakatya

Will the Boneyard be coming back? please say yes, please say yes...

1. This ^ and to add to it will other old wilderness areas be added back?
2. Will gravestones dump/release their contents after the time is up for all to grab?
3. Will there be worlds where everywhere will be "Wilderness"? Like today's pvp worlds but with old wilderness rules? I will miss harassing and killing bot miners/wcutters/fishers/etc...
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,496 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Not going to bother to check if these have already been asked so here it goes.

1.) Will you remove buy limits (4 hour GE limits on trading), if not why?

2.) Do you have making a wilderness island in mind, as a way to put revs and all the post wilderness update stuff (that ugly volcano included...)?

3.) Do you plan on allowing overloads in PvP? What about for wilderness bosses like Chaos Elemental or KBD?

4.) Do you plan on adding a new source of green dragons in "rev wilderness" instead of pvp wilderness?

5.) How will the market price on the GE now be determined, with no limits? Do you plan on allowing it to update more often?

6.) What is your position on using untradable items such as gravity or chaotic when the wilderness returns?

Junkmutt
[ Display Name History ]

Junkmutt

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Location:"I'm an Oregon homeboy where the sun don't shine much, but when it does we appreciate it."
  • RSN:Junkmatt
What will happen to the items that someone is carrying on them when they die (if gravestones stay, after the gravestone breaks)?

Currently the wilderness is a quarter filled with the wilderness volcano and clan wars arena, what will happen to these areas after the whole wilderness returns to being a pvp area?
Drops

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods
How confident is Jagex that, even with Free Trade, the inevitable influx of bots can be dealt with to acceptable levels?

~ W ~

Posted Image

NukeMarine
[ Display Name History ]

NukeMarine

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,300 posts
  • RSN:Nukemarine
Many questions, however:

--Will revenants remain, but be unaggresive to skulled players.
--Will PvP anywhere servers remain in some capacity?
--If PvP servers, will they keep auto-skull, +1 worlds, and unique PvP drops (corrupted, brawlers) for those risking
--Will restrictions be placed on GE such as buying limits, time limits on buying requests (ex 3 days) in compensation for return of free trade
--What are effects of dying to NPC's or environment in the wilderness?
--What are effects of killing a player who has not yet picked up loot from another player kill (ie pile jumping)? Will the loot disappear?
--Will there be a version of loot share for PvP so clans can see drops of other clan mate?
--What are effects of a gravestone that crumbles? One suggestion was, only blessed gravestones will have items available for looting to encourage even strangers to bless.
--How many accounts are expected to be banned prior to free-trade return?
--Are ideas in place to encourage players to risk wealth when taking part in PvP ie discourage 1 iteming.
--What rules are in place concerning the use of non-tradeables (fire cape, quest capes, chaotics, etc) in the Wilderness. Will there be loot drops ala anchor?

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

tuggernongy
[ Display Name History ]

tuggernongy

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • RSN:Epic Lex
if no one has asked yet...

"Will the 4h limits on the number of an item you can purchase be remaining within the GE?"

Illicit_Fun
[ Display Name History ]

Illicit_Fun

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • RSN:Illicit_Fun
Will the updates made solely to fight RWT (e.g. Pure Ess/Rune Ess) be overturned?

Will trades be able to hold unlimited value (as opposed to the imposed 2 billion limit)?

Will the ability to sell obsidian items to Tzhaar shops be readded?

GuidesForScapers
[ Display Name History ]

GuidesForScapers

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 683 posts
  • RSN:Sir Gudi
How will untradeable items be handled? Will people be able to return to where they died in the wilderness and retrieve them as in 2007?

Does Jagex feel some of Runescape's new features of Runescape (for example, dragon claws and ancient curses) will have big enough impacts on things such as mage arena or clue scrolls enough to move them from the wilderness? People managed to deal with the possibility of being 1 hit by someone with a DDS who is 40 levels higher than them, surely these features couldn't make it much harder?

Will Korasi be nerfed?

Which tree is the mightiest in the whole of Runescape? Also, are we able to cut it down with a herring?
Posted Image

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,496 posts

Will the updates made solely to fight RWT (e.g. Pure Ess/Rune Ess) be overturned?

Will trades be able to hold unlimited value (as opposed to the imposed 2 billion limit)?

Will the ability to sell obsidian items to Tzhaar shops be readded?

- No, they said they dont want F2p to be P2p's slave labor, so that is staying.

- No, they said its too much work for too few players, although they may change their minds in the future

- The last one is a very good question

RunesRath
[ Display Name History ]

RunesRath

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • RSN:Runes Rath

The only reason this limit is in place is become Java systems (No matter what kind) Can't support any number over 2,481,000 or something like that. That's why xp limits go up to 2billion, and if you get over 2billion of an item, it takes a second inventory space.

PereGrin
[ Display Name History ]

PereGrin

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,092 posts
  • RSN:Pere Grin
I remember quite a while ago a list of the first 2k players on runescape was posted. I remember some controversy about hacked accounts resulting.

Is their any substance to this rumor? :unsure:

Dexek
[ Display Name History ]

Dexek

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,534 posts
  • RSN:Dexek
There are rumours that many players have hacked "Old Runescape" accounts such as the 2k list (the list of the first 2,000 Runescape players). It has been mentioned that these players are planning to strip these accounts of their rares and valuables the moment that free trade is implemented. This is without a doubt a concern for the majority of players who don't want to see our gift (being the re-introduction of free trade) abused by others. Are precautions being taken against these hackers?

I am also curious about:

- Will random drop tables of small low worth items still exist in PvP? (Hope not)
- Will the combat level system of Main CB + Summ CB (126+12) continue to exist in PvP?
- What will be removed from the wilderness and what will remain? Will remaining activites have boosted experience to make them worthwhile or remain the same? (Abyss/Penguins/Stars/Agility)

Posted Image

Poetry
Indexed Picture 1
Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

Posted Image

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,496 posts

There are rumours that many players have hacked "Old Runescape" accounts such as the 2k list (the list of the first 2,000 Runescape players). It has been mentioned that these players are planning to strip these accounts of their rares and valuables the moment that free trade is implemented. This is without a doubt a concern for the majority of players who don't want to see our gift (being the re-introduction of free trade) abused by others. Are precautions being taken against these hackers?

I am also curious about:

- Will random drop tables of small low worth items still exist in PvP? (Hope not)
- Will the combat level system of Main CB + Summ CB (126+12) continue to exist in PvP?
- What will be removed from the wilderness and what will remain? Will remaining activites have boosted experience to make them worthwhile or remain the same? (Abyss/Penguins/Stars/Agility)

1.) No.

2.) Yes.

3.) Abyss and agility arena were there pre 08 you know, no reason why they would be removed now

and pengs and stars will likely be moved.

Articultural
[ Display Name History ]

Articultural

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 516 posts
What will happen to our Bounty Hunter/Bounty Hunter Rogue hiscores?

Posted Image

guitar_god_2007
[ Display Name History ]

guitar_god_2007

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 822 posts
  • RSN:Koolcookie0
World 6 Riot! we pay we say! <-- Hey that old trick and seem'd to have finally worked :thumbup:

When saying about moving certain content out of the wild does this included the Zamorak Mage? Green Dragons? Etc or due to the fact they were there before the removal will they stay?

Unrelated to the Wild and free trading but related to what has happened, do you see the RuneScape Community deciding whether or not old content should return in the future?
Posted Image
Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

mackish
[ Display Name History ]

mackish

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:debian
  • RSN2:mackish

I am also curious about:

1.) No.

2.) Yes.

3.) Abyss and agility arena were there pre 08 you know, no reason why they would be removed now

You seem to know quite a bit.

When did you start working for Jagex?

Dexek
[ Display Name History ]

Dexek

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,534 posts
  • RSN:Dexek

I am also curious about:

1.) No.

2.) Yes.

Thanks. I guess I accidentally posted on the Ring_World Interview thread. My bad.

Posted Image

Poetry
Indexed Picture 1
Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

Posted Image

Msottement
[ Display Name History ]

Msottement

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Clan:Spirits of Arianwyn
When looking at the voting that occurred, can you give us a bit of a breakdown on how the votes happend? Specifically I'm interested in how many accounts that were created after the vote was announced voted? How many members voted for/against? How many accounts that were inactive for years voted. Allowing some transparency in these areas might give this vote something that, to me, it was lacking: legitimacy.

Thanks,

Msottement

Edit: Will all that is in the wildy now be available without the pvp aspect? I have grown to love treasure trails, but will be very saddened if I have to deal with pvp just to do a distraction.

Posted Image
"When you find yourself in the presence of the absence of the wrong thing, it can't not be right."

Magbill
[ Display Name History ]

Magbill

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • RSN:I fart V2
What happens if it turns out you can't actually deal with all the bots and RWT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users