Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wilderness and Free Trade Interview!!! - Answers On First Post!

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Many resources in the wilderness are outdated.
Originally, the wilderness was the only place to mine rune ores.
One of the few places with numerous coal/mithril/adamant ore spawns.
But most of these resources, save a few exceptions such as green dragons, have become outdated
are there any plans to bring back incentives to skill in the wilderness aside from brawling gloves?

+1 Support to this question.

RunesRath
[ Display Name History ]

RunesRath

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Runes Rath

When looking at the voting that occurred, can you give us a bit of a breakdown on how the votes happend? Specifically I'm interested in how many accounts that were created after the vote was announced voted? How many members voted for/against? How many accounts that were inactive for years voted. Allowing some transparency in these areas might give this vote something that, to me, it was lacking: legitimacy.

Thanks,

Msottement

Totally agree. This is an abesoulte must have on the list of questions you put together, Tip.it!!!

Leoo
[ Display Name History ]

Leoo

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 920 posts
  • RSN:Leoo
  • As a team, do you regret making the changes in the first place back in 2008 and how excited are you to bring the original aspects of the game back?
  • How many old inactive players do you expect to make a return?
  • Will there be any form of player favouritism between whose who have cotinued to play to those who stopped playing after the 2008 changes?
  • How do you plan to welcome older players back to the game? Will there be special news posts that lists some of the major additions to the game since 2008 so they are up to date with anybody else?
  • Do you plan on adding new updates which will help Rune/Ore companies ? (assuming they will return)
  • Do you plan on adding new items/resources into the wilderness to attract gatherers into the wilderness?
  • Are you still going to follow the route where you inform how dangerous the wilderness is to players but still making it temptating for them to enter it or will you follow a new protective route by trying to keep those who aren't entering the wilderness with the intention of killing other players out?
  • Will Coinshare and Item Lending be removed or changed to encourage players to use this more protective systems rather than trust between players?
  • Will there be any changes to updates that were planned before the annoucement of the return of Free Trade and Old Wilderness such as maybe moving monsters in/out of the wilderness?
  • Other than the return of FTW and the increase of bots, can you find another negative thing about the return of Free Trade and Wilderness?

Ibcrootbeer
[ Display Name History ]

Ibcrootbeer

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • RSN:Ibcrootbeer
I have a hundred Questions... but one that I keep asking is...

Why do they agree to host a game-wide vote now, after the free-trade, pking, duels have been abolished for some time? Would it not have been smarter to do this when there were countless protests ingame, before masses of players quit because the content they loved was removed even though 91% of the players back then hated the idea? Did jagex finally come up with a way to stop real world trading without the cap? Did the playercout drop so much that they are desperate to get the old players back? Or did they realize with junk trading and merchanting clans, the once great idea of the Grand Exchange has become corrupted and worse off than free trading was?

So... I would like to ask...

What finally made Jagex agree to give the power to the players, and open a vote for Free Trade?
Posted Image

DaElf
[ Display Name History ]

DaElf

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 21 posts
Were the 7% of 'No' voters represented, or even though about, when you had your discussion over the weekend deciding what exactly would happen?

Can we have some form of confirmation that the way this referendum was carried out will be fixed in any future votes open to the wider player-base? (With regard to new accounts, multiple accounts, bias on the voting screen, lumping together of two updates etc.)

Will the way different demographics voted in this referendum be released for analysts to ponder over?

Will Jagex be taking a much sterner line with cheaters (RWTers, botters, hackers, scammers) etc. given how Mod Mark Gerhard admitted that they would become more of an issue?

Will Jagex be willing to introduce Wildy-free worlds in the future?

The sorts of abuse we've seen on the Runescape Forums from both sides of this debate seems to have reached unacceptable levels; will Jagex be taking more decisive action against those flaming and mindlessly insulting others in future?

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,471 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

There are rumours that many players have hacked "Old Runescape" accounts such as the 2k list (the list of the first 2,000 Runescape players). It has been mentioned that these players are planning to strip these accounts of their rares and valuables the moment that free trade is implemented. This is without a doubt a concern for the majority of players who don't want to see our gift (being the re-introduction of free trade) abused by others. Are precautions being taken against these hackers?

I am also curious about:

- Will random drop tables of small low worth items still exist in PvP? (Hope not)
- Will the combat level system of Main CB + Summ CB (126+12) continue to exist in PvP?
- What will be removed from the wilderness and what will remain? Will remaining activites have boosted experience to make them worthwhile or remain the same? (Abyss/Penguins/Stars/Agility)

1.) No.

2.) Yes.

3.) Abyss and agility arena were there pre 08 you know, no reason why they would be removed now

and pengs and stars will likely be moved.

Thanks. I guess I accidentally posted on the Ring_World Interview thread. My bad.

Sorry shouldve put a tag at the bottom, thats just my personal guess. Take it with a grain of salt

Seer
[ Display Name History ]

Seer

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 533 posts
  • Location:I am where you least expect it. Watching in the dark, the one that sees all.....
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:l The Seer l
My question is, how is Jagex going to work with the Treasure Trail clues that must be done or lead to the Wilderness? Will they be moved to entirely new locations or will there be a way to get to the location without having to stare at the map in paranoia every 5 seconds to make sure no pker is coming along looking for a quick kill?

I'm really interested in how Jagex is going to handles the Treasure Trails, as I love doing them, but I don't want to have to become paranoid just to do the Wilderness ones.
Posted Image
Posted Image
I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.
Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

mackish
[ Display Name History ]

mackish

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:debian
  • RSN2:mackish

Will trades be able to hold unlimited value (as opposed to the imposed 2 billion limit)?

The only reason this limit is in place is become Java systems (No matter what kind) Can't support any number over 2,481,000 or something like that. That's why xp limits go up to 2billion, and if you get over 2billion of an item, it takes a second inventory space.

No, that is not true. The reason you cannot have more than 2,147,483,647 items, is because that is the maximum value of an int in Java.

In Java, there are primitive data types such as: bytes (127), shorts (32,767), ints (2,147,483,64), longs (9,223,372,036,854,775,807), doubles (1.79769313486231570x10308d), and more.

The reason ints are used, is because ints are the easiest value to calculate in the average CPU. To use a larger primitive data type would take more space, therefor slowing the game or costing more money on servers.

P.S. Java is a programming language, not a system, there is only one kind of Java language.

ajack5
[ Display Name History ]

ajack5

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • RSN:Ajack5
Will Lootshare Pking be available within multi combat areas of the wilderness, and if so, will there be a coin-share option for items that are coin-shareable?

adamantcheses
[ Display Name History ]

adamantcheses

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 32 posts
What will happen to items only obtainable through PvP, like brawling gloves?
Will having friends add any additional bonus to free trade, like with trade limits, or will they be removed?

Did you know...
... that when you click on an object in the Construction Skill guide, the materials needed show up in your chat box? (Thanks to adamantcheses!)

skittles9
[ Display Name History ]

skittles9

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 24 posts

My question is, how is Jagex going to work with the Treasure Trail clues that must be done or lead to the Wilderness? Will they be moved to entirely new locations or will there be a way to get to the location without having to stare at the map in paranoia every 5 seconds to make sure no pker is coming along looking for a quick kill?

I'm really interested in how Jagex is going to handles the Treasure Trails, as I love doing them, but I don't want to have to become paranoid just to do the Wilderness ones.

I hope they don't move them, thats one of the reasons i love clues aswell, the risk of going into the wild.
Plus you can always do what i've done before, bring dds spade and clue or if its coord clue drop spade and watch and use protection item.

My question is what will happen to personalized shops and the tzzarh shops?

farcry2
[ Display Name History ]

farcry2

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 49 posts
We should be able to do more damage in non multi and less in multi.
In F2p its hard to kill people unless both have 20-40% hp

Can you change that?
Ar-edhel 99 att 99 str 99 hp 99 range 97 magic @117

bsoule05
[ Display Name History ]

bsoule05

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • RSN:Audryanne
Can't wait to get FT back, but not real crazy about the Wildy...had a couple of bad experiences from way back before it was removed. So, my question is, Will you be relocating the Abyss for Runecrafting and the Green Dragons?

Thank you!

neolink458
[ Display Name History ]

neolink458

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 88 posts
Will Individualized Shop Stocks be removed as they were before?
Posted Image

Boeg3
[ Display Name History ]

Boeg3

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • RSN:Boeg
  • Clan:Shawa Manz
When you try to drop a high-valued item, you get a warning message.
Can such warning message be put on any teleport that takes you to Dangerous PvP while carry'ing enough wealth?
The game tell's me how much i am risking when i log into PvP/Bh worlds, so you have already found a way to check this.

Will anything happen to Pure rune essence?

Resistance
[ Display Name History ]

Resistance

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 216 posts
Since free trade is coming back what (if any) features are you implementing to stop real world trading of items?
Whats your estimated revenue increase? (percentage or graph)

Posted Image

Earth_Poet
[ Display Name History ]

Earth_Poet

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • RSN:Earth Poet
What prompted this decision?

Why did you choose to sponsor such a large, public vote on an issue with such an obvious outcome?

How will they handle RWT?

Can we trust that these changes will be permanent? Or will the Wildy and Free Trade be threatened if RWT rises out of control again?

Will there be other "referendums" in the future regarding Runescape?

What can we, as players and fans, do to help Jagex combat RWT and cheating in the future?
Posted Image

i_trollz_u
[ Display Name History ]

i_trollz_u

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • RSN:i_trollz_u
can i have free stuff?

Cyon
[ Display Name History ]

Cyon

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • RSN:Litter Box
How will you handle Lent Items in the Old Style Wilderness?

Ezkaton
[ Display Name History ]

Ezkaton

#1 Bad Maxer

• Members
  • 2,387 posts
  • RSN:Ezkaton
  • Clan:EoE
Not too sure if this has been mentioned, but:

Will you be creating worlds that will be "new wilderness"? For example you currently have PVP and BH worlds, could you swap them around to be "new wilderness" worlds, whereas others are all Old Wilderness?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users