Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wilderness and Free Trade Interview!!! - Answers On First Post!

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

SirHartlar
[ Display Name History ]

SirHartlar

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,692 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
How much of an impact will reintroducing free trade and the wilderness have on future updates?

No_99_Melee
[ Display Name History ]

No_99_Melee

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Clan:SnC
How are you prepared to deal with the return of real world trading and its side effects (autoers/hackers/stolen credit cards)?
Posted Image

3rkid
[ Display Name History ]

3rkid

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,742 posts
  • RSN:3rkid
  • RSN '07:3rkid
Will the lifespan of Runescape be altered by these changes?

Sorry for the sub-par question. Just wanted to get something in before the deadline in 47 minutes.

Toad
[ Display Name History ]

Toad

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts
Will staking have default templates, say:

Melee #1 default which is only melee, no movement, special attack, nothing else.
Boxing - Only fists can be used, no movement or anything else.

to make it fairer and less people cheat staking?
Posted Image

mackish
[ Display Name History ]

mackish

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:debian
  • RSN2:mackish
Off topic comment for Runes Rath

On topic:

If these questions have not been asked yet:

Questions

deskjethp
[ Display Name History ]

deskjethp

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
um, dont know if this was asked / this is the very last minute to try so I dont have time to look ;p but:

What about shop stocks?

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Blyaunte

How confident is Jagex that, even with Free Trade, the inevitable influx of bots can be dealt with to acceptable levels?

Better phrased -- "Given the already massive amount of obvious "bots", auto clickers and macroers already operating within the current game environment, how can you realistically expect us to believe that you have either the means or the intention, of any kind whatsoever, to curtail the overwhelming numbers of "bots", auto clickers and macroers that will undoubtably return once you re-institute free trade and the Wilderness?"

nyuseg.png

#Free
[ Display Name History ]

#Free

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • RSN:Free
  • Clan:#EfficiencyExperts
can we go back to scammin nubs

@Dragonseance #1 to 200m all.
www.twitter.com/dragonseance

Crossed_Body
[ Display Name History ]

Crossed_Body

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,245 posts
  • RSN:Crossed Body
Now that the coutndown has ended, when can we expect to see the interview?
Posted Image

Emmentail
[ Display Name History ]

Emmentail

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,031 posts
  • RSN:Emmentail
That was an extremely short time limit..
Posted Image

PereGrin
[ Display Name History ]

PereGrin

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,092 posts
  • RSN:Pere Grin

^ this

Also found it hilarious that people were proposing new rules for the Old Wilderness and trying to answer questions. Read the Referendum guys, its the Old Wilderness, not some new broken crappy copy that doesn't work. And answering questions about what Jagex is going to do in the future? Lol, when did those people become JMods?

Everyonedies
[ Display Name History ]

Everyonedies

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 657 posts

^ this

Also found it hilarious that people were proposing new rules for the Old Wilderness and trying to answer questions. Read the Referendum guys, its the Old Wilderness, not some new broken crappy copy that doesn't work. And answering questions about what Jagex is going to do in the future? Lol, when did those people become JMods?

LOL you must not have been around for the old "unbroken" wild Towards the end of the wild in both F2P and P2P the wild had become nothing much more then clans, tele's one itemers trying to do clues and RCers no one stayed for a fair fight not many people traveled beyond the small area around the mage bank. Lurring was the best way to get kills. Most people had alot of problems with the wild and it will never be like it was at the begining of RS2 because no one trains in the wild anymore so everyone out there is ready for a fight against those they can beat or to run and tele from those they cant.

Normalize
[ Display Name History ]

Normalize

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • RSN:NormaIize
What took so long?
Posted Image

n_odie
[ Display Name History ]

n_odie

N. In Charge!

• Members
  • 5,383 posts
  • RSN:N_odie

Now that the coutndown has ended, when can we expect to see the interview?

They want to get them back to us by Monday, though with the number we were able to collect, it may take them a while longer. :P

Ya, fortunately we have an active community!

Posted Image
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

caprisun2
[ Display Name History ]

caprisun2

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
Will staking be available for f2p players?

Illicit_Fun
[ Display Name History ]

Illicit_Fun

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • RSN:Illicit_Fun

Will trades be able to hold unlimited value (as opposed to the imposed 2 billion limit)?

The only reason this limit is in place is become Java systems (No matter what kind) Can't support any number over 2,481,000 or something like that. That's why xp limits go up to 2billion, and if you get over 2billion of an item, it takes a second inventory space.

No, that is not true. The reason you cannot have more than 2,147,483,647 items, is because that is the maximum value of an int in Java.

In Java, there are primitive data types such as: bytes (127), shorts (32,767), ints (2,147,483,64), longs (9,223,372,036,854,775,807), doubles (1.79769313486231570x10308d), and more.

The reason ints are used, is because ints are the easiest value to calculate in the average CPU. To use a larger primitive data type would take more space, therefor slowing the game or costing more money on servers.

P.S. Java is a programming language, not a system, there is only one kind of Java language.

Ok, no need to get so mad. I accidently put 2m instead of 2b, and I only said that because of what I've heard. I'm not a computer geek, so don't vent all your anger on me. I was just going off of what I have heard and read.

Oh... If I understood correctly, trades were unlimited before GE was out - there was no way to quantify how much value a trade had because there was no central value system. It was possible to trade up to... say 100 partyhats in one trade. But after free trade was removed, there was this 2B limit added based on GE prices - I assume this is because the counter that calculates the difference between trades can't hold a number above the limit (2^31-1): they rounded it off to 2B to make it simpler. I'm not talking about the number of any single item, I'm talking about the value of the trade in total.

noble_aloof
[ Display Name History ]

noble_aloof

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,326 posts
  • RSN:Noble Aloof
  • Clan:Fenghahe's Elite Investing Guild

will grand exchange boxes be placed in various cities to restore the pre-restricted trade atmosphere to cities?

what does this even mean
Staking: 4+ mil
Current Status: Training defense

BeNiceOk
[ Display Name History ]

BeNiceOk

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

will grand exchange boxes be placed in various cities to restore the pre-restricted trade atmosphere to cities?

what does this even mean

It means having mini GE "Stalls" in each city so you don't have to go to Varrock every time you want to buy/sell something via the G.E.

I would assume this would/should never happen however, because part of the benefit of free trade is player interaction away from the G.E. If you were to put a G.E. station in Falador east, people would just mine, and then dump their mined ores at minimum in the G.E., go mine more and repeat. If the G.E. is only located in Varrock, people mine and then can bank their ores and offer to sell at anyone in the bank, or continue mining and then go to Varrock and sell their ores at G.E.

Part of a plus of free trade is finding "deals" from people who don't want to travel to sell their items, and sell cheaper for smaller quantities. If you put a G.E. in every city you take away that element.

Leoo
[ Display Name History ]

Leoo

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 920 posts
  • RSN:Leoo
Are fansite questions mixed with RSOF users on the Q&A threads?

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
  • RSN:Mej
  • RSN2:Iures

“5. Will there be bugs? Or have you sorted them out already?”

Lol!

Now that's arrogance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic