Wilderness and Free Trade Interview!!! - Answers On First Post!

n_odie

So if you are fighting with a whip the whole time....then break out the chaotic maul for the ko.....you wouldnt see the maul till it hit you to kill you.

I dont see the difference.

Good point. :thumbup:

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want someone to tell me a legit reason why they aren't allowed.

Besides You can't see it.....because that is a totally bogus reason.

Because they raise hits to ridiculous levels, as well as being untradeable. Jagex could have solved this by making the new armour actually attainable...

yes.png

I so hope that they don't change it.

Why is it not okay for me to benefit from my own work on another account, but perfectly alright for a friend or even stranger to benefit from my work?

Exactly and the way I see it is there are going to be loopholes in the rule either way

I just want someone to tell me a legit reason why they aren't allowed.

Besides You can't see it.....because that is a totally bogus reason.

Because they raise hits to ridiculous levels, as well as being untradeable. Jagex could have solved this by making the new armour actually attainable...

Pardon my ignorance, since I don't really pk, and I haven't really studied Jagex's solutions to the new wildy, but hasn't the idea behind taking things into the wildy been based on risk/reward? IOW, you can take some kick-ass item into the wildy if you want, but you might lose it if you die. The user of these pots risks little or nothing, right? But the user of a chaotic would risk losing the weapon, wouldn't he? To my mind, that would be a sounder rationale for the rule than the "you can't see the pot" rationale. Again, my apologies if I got this wrong.

punitivedsig.png

That is a better reason than jagex gave. But there are all kinds of exceptions to the whole risk/reward.

As an example look at Korasi's sword. It is very cheap and easily replaced. Making a single overload is almost as exepsive as korasi if you make it from scratch. I would rather lose korasi than an overload potion. Mainly because you have to buy torstols, which can be very hard to come by.

PayMe.png

PayMe.png

I so hope that they don't change it.

Why is it not okay for me to benefit from my own work on another account, but perfectly alright for a friend or even stranger to benefit from my work?

:huh: Good point. The biggest problem i have seen with jagex is they tend to be inconsistent(and this applies to many topics although particularly in the rules or morals).

jpegsigtest.jpg

As Bloodstained said, the new "lifepoint raising" armor was billed as "revolutionizing combat" and being "the solution" for the power creep present in PvP. Yeaaaaaah. No.

It could have gone a long way towards fixing combat, if it weren't so difficult to obtain. While it is true that those drops are nowhere near the actual rarity of the Sigils, with the adjusted difficulty of Nex and the amount of supplies (and levels) required to fight it, these items will maintain approximately the same demand/supply ratio as the Sigils. In fact, they may actually end up being rarer than sigils because most people are turned off Nex because of the amount of supplies consumed vs the amount of kills reasonably obtainable per trip.

td2sig.jpg

Personally, this is why I feel there was ever a rule against item transferring.

When you're transferring items, there's really three ways to go about it.

1) You trade it to yourself. This requires logging in on two accounts. If you can log in on two accounts to trade to yourself, you can also log in on two accounts to fish at the same time, with almost no extra work needed. Or woodcut. Or if you're good enough, even hunt some bosses. There's no doubt that this is unfair, and if you allow multiple log-ins for some reasons and not others, you end up with this hassle of determining where the line is - what's unfair and what isn't. So it's easier to just say "you can not log in on more than one account at once."

2) You trade it to a friend, who trades it to you. Some people are trustworthy, some people are not, and more importantly, some people won't recognize people who are not. Encouraging this would essentially increase the number of complaints Jagex gets about item scams.

3) Drop the item, and pick it up after a minute. Or fifteen people pile on it and steal it from you, and you go on RSOF and make whiny rants all day giving forum mods more work to do until they ban you, whereupon they lose your membership.

All in all, Jagex probably thought it was more trouble than it was worth. I know the "official" word is that it's unfair to other players, but I think anyone with half a brain can see that's complete BS... and this is the best reason I could come up with otherwise.

That is a better reason than jagex gave. But there are all kinds of exceptions to the whole risk/reward.

As an example look at Korasi's sword. It is very cheap and easily replaced. Making a single overload is almost as exepsive as korasi if you make it from scratch. I would rather lose korasi than an overload potion. Mainly because you have to buy torstols, which can be very hard to come by.

Why would you carry an overload into the wildy? Wouldn't you merely sip, bank, and then go into Wildy?

punitivedsig.png

Hi guys! :thumbsup: We have heard back from Jagex and they chose a selection of questions to respond to. The answers can be found both in the first post and below:

[hide=Jagex Wilderness and Free Trade Responses]Q: What do you, Jagex, plan on doing to combat RWT? Obviously, with the re-installment of Old Wilderness and Free Trading, it will spike as soon as the features are re-installed. If it gets to out of control, will you remove these features again? ~ RunesRath

A: Well be stepping up our efforts to combat RWT and botting and were spending more than ever in this area. Well be monitoring everything very closely and we will do everything in our power to ensure the gameplay and changes can remain. We are also looking into new ways of punishing cheaters who buy gold.

Q: What D&D's will you be moving out of the wilderness? Will Penguins and Clue scrolls both be moved from the Wilderness? How about the Mage Arena? Green Dragons? ~ PereGrin

A: Regarding D&Ds: penguins will be staying, clue scrolls will still take you into the Wilderness on occasion but far less frequently than they do. The mage arena will be a safe area as it was originally, and green dragons will remain dangerous. Its worth noting that content that does remain e.g. beacon networks for example will have increased rewards for those who undertake the risk.

Q: Will Revenants drop the PVP items (Vesta, Statius, etc.)? ~ PereGrin

A: The Revenants are being relocated to a pvp enabled dungeon. They will have all pvp unique drops such as brawlers, corrupt dragon and the various statuettes. They will no longer teleblock or freeze you but can still change combat styles to keep things interesting!

Q: What will happen to our combat levels and how will summoning be worked into old style wilderness? ~Naraku893

A: Your level will be displayed as follows: playername 126+12 for example. Your combat level in the Wilderness will act as though you didnt have any Summoning, so will be the old max of 126. The Summoning level +X will simply demonstrate your potential to summon aid. If the player above were in level 3 wilderness he could fight those with combat levels between 123 and 126 inclusive. You would see the +12 and so you should be wary of that player having the ability to summon any familiar which could be particularly dangerous in multiway!

Q: Will the GE volume limits remain or be removed? What about the 4 hour time limit between buying and selling the same item? ~ Impressionist

A: Buying restrictions will remain in place. These exist purely to reduce market monopoly and ensure a higher number of players can buy high demand objects like godswords.

Q: How will item lending and untradable items (especially dungeoneering equipment) work with the new wilderness? ~ Impressionist

A: One of three things will happen to untradeables. Some objects will vanish, some will drop cash instead like the anchor and now Korasis sword. Finally other items will drop a tradable equivalent (like Summoning headgear thats been enchanted would drop an un-enchanted version). Most popular untradeable PvP equipment will not vanish. Lent Items are not allowed in at all, and will be put in your bank/inventory or returned to the owner depending on inventory space.

Q: How long has the thought of returning free trade been around? Along with that, has work been done on it before the vote? ~ Danqazmlp

A: We always wanted to bring back the Wilderness but we needed to know that we could do safelyThe only work done before the vote was to see how long it would actually take to re-implement (Development/QA/graphics etc.) and what we would have to do to existing content. The list we came up was condensed down to the list of things that would probably need to happen that youve probably seen on the Referendum page.

Q: Will there ever be new content (minigames, quests, etc) in the wilderness after free trade is brought back even though it's been said current content of these types will be re-located? ~ Den

A: The Referendum was to put the Wilderness and Free Trade back as close to the original as we can realistically get. Theres no reason once its back that we cant put some new content in the Wilderness but it would be designed with the risk and dangers taken into account.

Q: Will there be other "referendums" in the future regarding Runescape? ~ Earth_Poet

A: This Referendum has certainly been very popular and its great to see such a huge number of players taking part to have their say. This is certainly an option we might look at again though I feel it would depend on the topic or update were considering. I wouldnt expect one for every weekly update though!

Q: How do you feel this will effect the RS Economy? Do you believe it will make things worse, better, stay the same, or get worse/better, but balance off after a few weeks. Was the impact of the economy taken into consideration when making the decision to bring back the old ways? ~ RunesRath

A: We believe that returning to the free-trade model and increasing our efforts to tackle RWT, whilst giving you the freedom and increased control over prices will be better in the long run. We realise itll take a little while for those who remember the old days, as well as those who are currently used to the Grand Exchange.[/hide]

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Personally, this is why I feel there was ever a rule against item transferring.

When you're transferring items, there's really three ways to go about it.

1) You trade it to yourself. This requires logging in on two accounts. If you can log in on two accounts to trade to yourself, you can also log in on two accounts to fish at the same time, with almost no extra work needed. Or woodcut. Or if you're good enough, even hunt some bosses. There's no doubt that this is unfair, and if you allow multiple log-ins for some reasons and not others, you end up with this hassle of determining where the line is - what's unfair and what isn't. So it's easier to just say "you can not log in on more than one account at once."

2) You trade it to a friend, who trades it to you. Some people are trustworthy, some people are not, and more importantly, some people won't recognize people who are not. Encouraging this would essentially increase the number of complaints Jagex gets about item scams.

3) Drop the item, and pick it up after a minute. Or fifteen people pile on it and steal it from you, and you go on RSOF and make whiny rants all day giving forum mods more work to do until they ban you, whereupon they lose your membership.

All in all, Jagex probably thought it was more trouble than it was worth. I know the "official" word is that it's unfair to other players, but I think anyone with half a brain can see that's complete BS... and this is the best reason I could come up with otherwise.

Or 4)

New mail-system that allows you to send items to another player using a nickname. Jagex can even keep a registry of the "mail" to prevent and rollback potential scams.

Why are all your minds confined to what already exists, and not simple solutions that could be implemented?

crossed_body.png

A: The Revenants are being relocated to a pvp enabled dungeon. They will have all pvp unique drops such as brawlers, corrupt dragon and the various statuettes. They will no longer teleblock or freeze you but can still change combat styles to keep things interesting!

You wha?! The statuettes were one of the main reasns for the massive inflation in Runescape in the last year or two. Why leave them in when there is the possibility to remove them? Very bad decision to leave them in the game.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

You wha?! The statuettes were one of the main reasns for the massive inflation in Runescape in the last year or two. Why leave them in when there is the possibility to remove them? Very bad decision to leave them in the game.

Agreed. They should have removed them had converted all existing ones into cash so that they didn't become rares.

td2sig.jpg