n_odie

Wilderness and Free Trade Interview!!! - Answers On First Post!

My question is, how is Jagex going to work with the Treasure Trail clues that must be done or lead to the Wilderness? Will they be moved to entirely new locations or will there be a way to get to the location without having to stare at the map in paranoia every 5 seconds to make sure no pker is coming along looking for a quick kill?

I'm really interested in how Jagex is going to handles the Treasure Trails, as I love doing them, but I don't want to have to become paranoid just to do the Wilderness ones.

I hope they don't move them, thats one of the reasons i love clues aswell, the risk of going into the wild.

Plus you can always do what i've done before, bring dds spade and clue or if its coord clue drop spade and watch and use protection item.

My question is what will happen to personalized shops and the tzzarh shops?

We should be able to do more damage in non multi and less in multi.

In F2p its hard to kill people unless both have 20-40% hp

Can you change that?

Excuisador 90 att 46 def 99 str @ 100.89cb

Ar--edhel 84 def 85 hp 93 range 92 magic @93

FarCry - retired

Ar-edhel 99 att 99 str 99 hp 99 range 97 magic @117

Can't wait to get FT back, but not real crazy about the Wildy...had a couple of bad experiences from way back before it was removed. So, my question is, Will you be relocating the Abyss for Runecrafting and the Green Dragons?

Thank you!

When you try to drop a high-valued item, you get a warning message.

Can such warning message be put on any teleport that takes you to Dangerous PvP while carry'ing enough wealth?

The game tell's me how much i am risking when i log into PvP/Bh worlds, so you have already found a way to check this.

Will anything happen to Pure rune essence?

Boeg.png

Since free trade is coming back what (if any) features are you implementing to stop real world trading of items?

Whats your estimated revenue increase? (percentage or graph)

qTLQRuS.png

What prompted this decision?

Why did you choose to sponsor such a large, public vote on an issue with such an obvious outcome?

How will they handle RWT?

Can we trust that these changes will be permanent? Or will the Wildy and Free Trade be threatened if RWT rises out of control again?

Will there be other "referendums" in the future regarding Runescape?

What can we, as players and fans, do to help Jagex combat RWT and cheating in the future?

rssig2.png

How will you handle Lent Items in the Old Style Wilderness?

Not too sure if this has been mentioned, but:

Will you be creating worlds that will be "new wilderness"? For example you currently have PVP and BH worlds, could you swap them around to be "new wilderness" worlds, whereas others are all Old Wilderness?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

* Regarding the GE, will the items-sold/bought-per-hour mechanics remain?

* Where will Clan Wars be relocated to, and when? I like that minigame!

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

Will the ge be updated more often?

Will the "new wilderness" be a full-out wilderness with no item restrictions whatsoever, or will it have certain item restrictions?

Are you going to mess up the "new wilderness"?

Will the "new wilderness" be a full-out wilderness with no item restrictions whatsoever, or will it have certain item restrictions?

Are you going to mess up the "new wilderness"?

The answer is Probably to both :rolleyes:

The only question I'd ask is if the Buying X of Y items/hour will still be in affect through the GE.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

With the upcoming Wildy update, will the map of the Wilderness be reverted to the original map, or will the current map with the Wildy Volcano stay, or will we be getting an altogether new, updated map of the Wilderness?

Fellsig.jpg

Will trades be able to hold unlimited value (as opposed to the imposed 2 billion limit)?

The only reason this limit is in place is become Java systems (No matter what kind) Can't support any number over 2,481,000 or something like that. That's why xp limits go up to 2billion, and if you get over 2billion of an item, it takes a second inventory space.

Little inaccurate. Java can support a number higher than that. Using something like a long instead of what they are using, an int (signed 2^31-1), would result in a much higher number being able to be stored.

OT: My main question is why did they decide to do it now? And are they really that confident in stopping RWT?

EDIT: Someone already beat me to it and explained the java thing, so just disregard that.

Big_Stingman.png

Will general stores and other stores show all players' items?

Will the Grand Exchange suggested prices move with item sales and player advertised prices, or will it stay static?

Will Revenants and Hellhounds be removed from the game and/or F2P? If so, do you plan on adding a boss monster to F2P of any kind to give a challenge to F2P again?

Isn't this "update" just basically "recopying" the code over to the game files?

Is there a particular reason you decided to bring this back, such as loss of players, fixing a RWTers etc?

Has your way of solving the problems been buying out any URL that can remotely connect Runescape and RWT?

What will happen to corrupt items?

Did you ever feel as though the fixed prices "ruined" the economy like so many players believed it did?

Do you plan on fixing hit-points/constitution to compensate for the increased power of weaponry over the last 2-3 years? Will you be doing something to correct summoning into the old PvP?

How long have you been thinking about the update?

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

1. Will you be implementing a new detection system for unbalanced trading? (Mainly for Real World Traders)
  2. When you stated that the Grand Exchange will have no cap, did you mean that you can put a price of 1 gold up to 2147m for the item?
  3. What things in the wilderness are going to be relocated, and what things will be returning?
  4. With the return of the wilderness, will you also be keeping the PVP worlds?
  5. Have you ever thought of expanding the wilderness beyond level 56?
  6. Did you ever regret removing the wilderness or free trade?

Will the wilderness be restored to its old form? (Bone yard etc)

What will happen to Daemonheim? Will it be relocated so that luring cannot be done?

Will there be a warning sign to say that you are bringing *excessive wealth into wildy* like now? -> Luring.

Will items upon death (after grave) be shown to anyone else after the grave collapses?

Will GE offers be allowed at other cities (making offers)?

Will old item shop buying exist or the current system? (As in limited stocks where everyone bought what they needed - that was how the old trading worked)

Will there be more anti botters/rwt measures taken?

Will there be huge caution for players about scamming measures in the past?

Will there be anti drop trade measures, if it remains in the rules?

Will there be returning of old school pking without the new prayers/ potions?

Will summoning be disabled in old school pking?

How will Bounty Hunter and corrupt items be handled? As Old Wilderness does not have both of them.

Thank you.

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

1. Will the 4 hour buy/sell restriction be removed with free trade?

2. Will bought items from the GE still have a buy limit E.G. 100, 10000, 25000 etc?

3. Will you keep some of the wilderness worlds (with revenants in them) for players doing clues?

2vuhgcn.png

I have 2 questions:

1. When the wilderness was taken away a few years ago, many of us skillers became accustomed to the relative safety of travelling in the wilderness. Revenants will range and mage but they don't barrage or gang up on you every time you run to the lava maze or to the mage arena. Usually, if you have some food, anti poison and can run fast enough, you can escape them. My question is, will you make safe worlds for those not interested in risking life and limb in the wilderness like you did with the pvp worlds? Will there be a place for skillers in Runescape?

2. After free trade was stopped and the GE was introduced, it took us a while to get used to the idea of trading items in the GE. Some of us abuse it but most of us rely on it to make money and sell our resources. The market goes up and down and most of us are used to the daily, weekly, monthly and even yearly ups and downs of the GE. Free trade will definitely ruin it. What steps are you taking to ensure the market wont take a nose dive on Feb 1 2011? Will the free trade be unrestricted? What about players with high quest points, tasks and other Runescape achievements? Will that not matter anymore?

Thank you

d53aaed58d.png

-How fast will the GE's average trade price change? Will there still be a cap on the percentage it can change per update?

-Will coinshare use the average GE price to dish out loot rather than the minimum price is currently uses?

-Have you/will you consider taking another look at ways to allow trades to go over the integer limit (2^31-1) in value so that players can still buy the most expensive items in the game without antijunk?

2496 Completionist

Will options such as no dungeoneering rewards be added to staking, and will we see any other new staking options?

Will the protect item prayer in the wilderness be brought back, as well as the skulling only when you attack someone?

Will people be able to loot untradables after death (void, chaotics etc)?

What will happen to brawler gloves, if they are to be removed will the ones I currently have be taken from me for nothing?

What will happen to my Bh rouge and Bh target hunter rank, and can you finally clear out all the old bh scores as it is absurd to suggest that someone get 10k target kills with the current system?

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Why bring the wildy back after removing it in the first place and putting your foot down saying it will never come back?

Why bring free trade back and unlimited staking and not even think about RWT?

[spoiler=Stats]Decentcoffee.png

Goals Achieved-

99 Firemaking 31/08/07 - 99 Fletching 24/10/07 - 99 Cooking 22/12/08 -

99 Woodcutting 24/01/2010 - 99 Strength 24/05/2010 - 99 Magic 3/06/2010 -

99 Hunter 5/12/2010 - 99 Defence 29/12/2010 - 99 Hp 14/1/2011 -

99 Attack 18/1/2011 - 99 Agility 10/2/2011 - 99 Prayer 9/7/2011 -

99 Crafting 17/7/2011 - 99 Thieving 13/9/2011 - 99 Herblore 1/10/11.

What will the old wilderness mean for the Chaos Tunnels area?