Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

religion

• Please log in to reply
821 replies to this topic

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Regarding not being able to run for president as an atheist, wouldn't black people or women have said the same thing about 30 years ago? Just something I considered.

@Furah, about people being exiled from religious communities for being atheistic, that's an unfortunate side-effect of the reason people believe in the first place; a believer will believe their religion is right and the others are wrong. It's a simple fact, because they wouldn't go for that religion if they didn't believe that.

All three things are because of organised religion. Christianity was a driving force behind the longevity of slavery in America. Same with sexism, after all the bible constantly goes on about how women are inferior. It's rather disturbing really.

Its also the main force fighting against letting women have control over their own bodies.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Not to revive a thread thats dying but this was too good to pass up.

This was a conversation with Cleverbot:

Me: What is God?
Cleverbot: I don't believe in god.
Me: What is belief?
Cleverbot: It is a component of knowledge.
Me: What is knowledge?
Cleverbot: Knowledge is traditionally known as a justified true belief.
Me: So your stance on the existence of God is derived from the lack of evidence to consider a God to be a justified true belief?
Cleverbot: Yes. This is all I'm capable of saying.

Cleverbot understands why I am an atheist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users