Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why can't F2P have...?

• Please log in to reply
1970 replies to this topic

Gang Sabre
[ Display Name History ]

Gang Sabre

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 572 posts

Jagex should really consider 5$ a month for loyal runescapers. 10$ to start.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,090 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Well if you were an uber-loyal subscriber and never dropped it all these years, you still have the grandfathered rate, right? :P

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Gang Sabre
[ Display Name History ]

Gang Sabre

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 572 posts

Ah, sorry Arceus, I didnt remember the 1 year with discount at runescape.com

:rolleyes:

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,954 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

Well if you were an uber-loyal subscriber and never dropped it all these years, you still have the grandfathered rate, right? :P

I still pay £3.20 a month :D

Luck be a Lady

HonorTk
[ Display Name History ]

HonorTk

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN '07:HonorTk
  • Clan:TheKorrupt.com

I pay $7.95 still, instead of $10.25. So I have a grandfather plan..just not as cheap as others. ;)

eVQvMOQ.png - Click to visit our forums.

Founder and Leader of TheKorrupt a Multi-Gaming Community.

For personal signature inquires e-mail me HonorGFX@outlook.com. Any non-related e-mails will be deleted and reported.

F2Pnoob
[ Display Name History ]

F2Pnoob

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Carsonlove
  • RSN '07:Carsonlove

I wish you could pay for membership for only one game like buy membership for just OSRS or buy membership for just RS3 or just Darkscape or you could buy them all for the full price

F2Pnoob
[ Display Name History ]

F2Pnoob

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Carsonlove
  • RSN '07:Carsonlove

Would be counter-productive to make the F2P game appealing, because if they give F2P enough stuff such as bosses (general F2P "end-game" content), then many would choose to remain F2P because it would be fun enough. Or things like making F2P ironman do-able.

Right now, people would subscribe so they have access to that end-game content with bosses and such, or because they want to play ironman without ripping their hair off. Give F2P enough replayability and fun stuff, and a good amount of players who would have went P2P would be content with staying F2P.

Spend money on improving the free game so that people won't feel like they have to pay, basically.

They have to be careful with F2P, though, because if F2P sucks too much, then people won't want to try P2P.

We have a nice population there is dedicated f2p clans.

Gang Sabre
[ Display Name History ]

Gang Sabre

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 572 posts

Dhide and batwings and monk robes should cost the same as runite items... I dont see why not.

:)

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,090 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Dhide and batwings and monk robes should cost the same as runite items... I dont see why not.

:)

D'hides and batwing come from monsters that are relatively easy to kill and have relatively lower requirements to craft into pieces. Ores of course need to be mined and smithed into bars (or are rarer drops). The main kicker, though, is that they have a much lower alchemy price supporting them. The only hope of them being higher would be jacking that way up, but that would wreak havoc on the economy. So...doesn't seem likely.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Gang Sabre
[ Display Name History ]

Gang Sabre

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 572 posts

Well, they could introduce new, more valuable, items to the game....

Like Darkscape, they changed batwing to a t30 sort of armor. And thus making room for t50 mage and pray items.

Anzuria
[ Display Name History ]

Anzuria

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts

ugh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users