The HISTORY of SERPENTS

Updated 08.3.2011

The HISTORY of SERPENTS

lunarspell_fertilesoil.giffirst INTRODUCTIONS

[hide][hide=REAL LIFE]Hi.

I guess this is the part where I tell you a bit about myself. :3

Everyone in RuneScape and on these forums generally calls me Serp or Serpy, but apparently the “cool” thing for the kids to do these days is to call me Derp or Herp or Slurp or Serpywerpydwerpy. Pick any of the above names; they all suffice (although I prefer Serp or Serpy!) Special Exception: If you are a troll named Shyla, you can call me Gerbil or Shrek or Broodfather.

I am twenty-three years young, and live in Southern Oregon. I am a manager at our local movie theatre, and have worked their for five years now! As part of the job, we all rotate being in charge of certain departments, but at present I am in charge of our Human Resources department. I’m mostly in charge of creating the employee schedule every week, conducting employee evaluations, and anything else H.R.-related. I am really enjoying my new department and hope all continues to go well!

My dad lives on the Oregon coast, just a few hours away from me. My mom, older sister and brother, brother-in-law, and nephew and niece (aged 2 and 1 respectively) live in the same city as I.

Work consumes a lot of my time, but outside of the theatre industry, my biggest passion is reading. I’m a huge bookworm, and will read just about anything I can. My favorite genre is Young Adult and teen fantasy-fiction. I love reading about knights and lady-knights and dragons and wizards and everything else. I also really like science fiction and your standard adult fiction. My favorite author is Tamora Pierce, a teen fantasy-fiction author. I had the pleasure of meeting her at a book signing two years ago; she signed seven (seven!@!) of my books, all of which I already owned at home but had to buy copies of so she could sign them. </dedicated nerd.> Aside from her, my other favorite authors include J. K. Rowling and the late Michael Crichton.

I dabble with other video games; my favorite games are Kingdom Hearts/Kingdom Hearts 2 for the PS2 and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion for the 360.

I play the piano, like hanging out with coworkers and going out to the bars, and staying in with my fuzzy cat, Dagda.[/hide]

[hide=RUNESCAPE]I’ve been playing RuneScape since its release. I would always see my brother and his friend playing some game on the computer, and when I finally looked to see what they were up to: RuneScape!

The first character I ever created? Serpent Eye! I made a few other accounts eventually, but Serpent Eye has always been my "main." Although my stats and wealth don’t necessarily reflect it, I’ve spent a lot of time and energy on this account over the years. Due to moving around and not having my own income when I was younger, I was F2P for the earlier years, and when I finally did get P2P, I took several long breaks on-and-off. For the past two years or so, I’ve essentially always been P2P with the odd week or month break as F2P.

I’m a Skiller through and through. My favorite skills are Woodcutting and Farming. I also enjoy Cooking, Herblore, Hunter and Thieving. My least-favorite skills are Runecrafting and Dungeoneering. All of my Dungeoneering levels have been obtained via Tears of Guthix.

I kind of play at my own pace and by my own rules. I am not fueled by an obsessive need to obtain massive amounts of wealth, nor do I feel the need to "prove" myself to other players by bragging about my items or character. I am sometimes inspired by my friend’s achievements and am happy for them when they reach their goals, but I am not competitive when it comes to comparing stats or items with my friends. I try my best to stay focused on my own business and goals, and I really don’t let other people influence me or get me down.

Aside from working on my level-99 skills I generally detest grinding. I like to pick a skill, work on it for a few hours, and then move on to the next thing. I don’t get bogged down by "efficiency" or memorizing prices and G.E. graphs. These things, in my opinion, are secondary concerns -- yes, I could have saved x-amount of money or time doing Option A, but if I WANT to do Option B, I will without a second thought. I just do what I think is fun.

I don't "hate" combat so much as I just don't like that aspect of the game as much as I do Skilling. I am starting to get into Slayer more, as it seems to be making combat more enjoyable; I like the variety of new monsters there are, and I'll admit, it's fun to kill stuff in the hopes of getting a good item drop. The one form of combat that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE is Barrows! ♥ ♥ ♥ Barrows is amazing and I could stay there all day if I didn't have a life.

As a final note, I am currently the leader of the HYT Friend Chat, previously run by Shyla, ForsakenMage and Lightning. If you want to hang out and chat, make some new friends, get advice or help on your skilling and killing, please drop in and say hello. Or should I say, say "HYT!"

hytbanner_green2.png

Click the image above to read the Official HYT Friend Chat Rules

[/hide]

[hide=TIP.IT HELPSITE and FORUMS]Considering that I've been playing RuneScape for so long, I joined Tip.It Forums relatively recently -- September 26, 2008. When I began playing RuneScape (as mentioned in the previous section) with my brother and his friend, they introduced me to the Tip.It Helpsite. It wasn't until several years later that I even realized that there was a forum. I actually lurked for a few years and eventually made an account, but forgot the password and yes, even the account name! So I eventually signed up a new account, SerpentEye! My favorite forum to browse is Help & Advice. I'm not very active in-game right now, and I've been starting to browse/post in Off Topic more as well.

In early June 2009, I was invited to join the Tip.It Crew, the amazing group of people who maintain the Tip.It Helpsite! I was very honored to be invited, and gladly accepted! The time I spent on the Tip.It Crew is something I'll never forget; I made a lot of really good friends and made friends with a bunch of other non-Crew staff members as well (you all know who you are, and NO, you CANNOT keep firing me because I DON'T WORK FOR YOU ANYMORE.) I've always loved coding and web-design and doing computer graphics, and Crew gave me the perfect opportunity to work on my skills and learn new ones as well.

As a Guides Editor I did a lot of work maintaining the skill guides and item database, etc. It's really humbling to see your name on a website that you've used and loved for years and years, and it's cool to think that something I added or wrote could help someone else out somehow.

Some guides that I wrote and am really proud of include:

Due to time-constraints in real life, I sadly had to retire from the Tip.It Crew in June 2010. It was a great year and like I said, I'll never forget the fun times I had, or the friends I made.

If you are interested in helping out the Tip.It Crew in maintaining the Tip.It Helpsite, or would like to submit corrections/suggestions/updates for current content, I encourage you to visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum. The Tip.It Crew is an amazing group of people, let's help them out all we can! ♥ [/hide][/hide]

lunarspell_humidify.gifmy STATS

[hide]CURRENT:

serpent_eye.png

STARTING JANUARY 22, 2011:

1-22-11stats.png[/hide]

lunarspell_cureplant.gifcurrent GOALS

[hide][hide=MAIN GOALS]None at the moment. Taking a break from any big goals for a bit. :P[/hide]

[hide=SECONDARY GOALS]None at the moment.[/hide][/hide]

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lunarspell_bakepie.gifpast ACHIEVEMENTS

[hide]1/09/12 -- Completed Nomad's Requiem

12/17/11 -- Reached 17m Farming EXP

12/09/11 -- Achieved 99 Herblore

** Obtained 17m Woodcutting EXP some place here **

10/19/11 -- Reached 14m Firemaking EXP

9/10/11 -- Reached 16m Farming EXP

8/7/11 -- Obtained Scroll of Efficiency

6/27/11 -- Reached 15m Farming EXP

6/11/11 -- Reached 16m Woodcutting EXP

5/17/11 -- Obtained Scroll of Cleansing

5/14/11 -- Obtained Shadow Silk Hood from my first Night-spider. :3

4/26/11 -- Reached 14m Farming EXP

4/14/11 -- Reached 2000 Total Level

3/17/11 -- Reached 14m Cooking EXP

3/13/11 -- Achieved 99 Farming

2/18/11 -- Obtained Scroll of Life

2/10/11 -- Achieved 75 Slayer

1/22/11 -- Started this blog!

10/17/10 -- Achieved 99 Firemaking

10/10/10 -- Reached 15m Woodcutting EXP

6/21/10 -- Obtained Draconic visage drop from my first-ever solo KBD kill

6/19/10 -- Achieved 99 Magic

4/2/10 -- Obtained Full slayer helmet

2/26/10 -- Achieved 99 Woodcutting

6/12/09 -- Achieved 99 Cooking[/hide]

lunarspell_statspy.gifphoto SNAPSHOTS

[hide]99Farming3-13-11.png

12-09-11_99_Herb.png[/hide]

lunarspell_NPCcontact.gifrave REVIEWS

[hide]

My name is Serpent; Serpent Eye !

I like farming and I don't know why

I plant them herbs, those torstols too

With my magic secateurs and a vial o' juju

Farm farm farm, that's all I do

I really like this skill, thank you

Grab your spade and off you go !

Start your farming spree with some potato !

Farming is fun, can't you all just see ?

Don't you wish that you loved farming like me ?!

Dem monies are coming to me, my mouth begins to gape

Cause soon I'll be wearing that awesome green cape !

71254028.png

Risin' up, back in the chat

Did my time, took my chances

Went the distance now I'm back on my feet

Just a snake and his will to Serprvive

So many times, it happens too fast

You change your power for a glory

Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past

You must fight just to keep them alive.

It's the Eye of the Serpent

It's the thrill of the fight

Rising up to the challenge of our rival

And the last known Serpvivor

Stalks his prey in the night

And he's watching us all

With the Eye of Serpent

Face to face, out in the chat

Hangin' tough, stayin' online

They glitch their updates till we start to riot

For we kill and we skill to Serpvive

And he's watching us all

With the Eye of Serpent

Risin' up, straight to the top

Have the bandos, need the fury

Went the distance, now I'm not gonna log

Just a snake and his will to Serpvive.

And he's watching us all

With the Eye of Serpent

The Eye of the Serpent

The Eye of the Serpent

The Eye of the Serpent

The Eye of the Serpent

[/hide]

Endless thanks to @Zaaps1 for his amazing guide,

Mother Gaia: An In-Depth Manual to Farming!

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

I hate Questing, and only complete Quests if they will somehow benefit my Skilling (A Fairy Tale, etc.)

You what?!

I am out of here. :(

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Serp, you're still a noob.

<3

Seriously though, I was wondering why you kept logging on and off... on and off... on and off... (ad infinium) whenever I was online and you were as well, lol :P

Good to see you're starting to train slayer, though. Keep at it, it's worth the effort at higher levels :P and you beat me soundly in farming, although that's no surprise <_<

Oh, and if you want to duo a dungeon or three when you get your new computer, fire me a pm, I'll probably help you assuming I'm not already busy with something else :)

Good to see you're still around, though <3

Link_Olaran.png

I thought you retired, and now you're back. Don't you ever leave EVER. <3:

Good luck on getting 99 Farming. :thumbup:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

lunarspell_makeplank.gifdaily PROGRESS

farming.gif 89 Farming

ranged.gif 75 Ranged

slayer.gif 74 Slayer

attack.gif 90 Attack and 115 Combat

mining.gif 74 Mining

herblore.gif 86 Herblore

These aren't all from today, just bringing things up to speed. ♥

[hide=Quotes]

OMGYOURSOHAWT@@@@<3333

Farming is your friend, and so am I so keep farming :3

Tim! <3:

I hate Questing, and only complete Quests if they will somehow benefit my Skilling (A Fairy Tale, etc.)

You what?!

I am out of here. :(

:( Meol. Come bacccckkkkkkk. I'msorryIsaidIhatequestingwillyouforgiveme?

Serp, you're still a noob.

<3

Seriously though, I was wondering why you kept logging on and off... on and off... on and off... (ad infinium) whenever I was online and you were as well, lol :P

Good to see you're starting to train slayer, though. Keep at it, it's worth the effort at higher levels :P and you beat me soundly in farming, although that's no surprise <_<

Oh, and if you want to duo a dungeon or three when you get your new computer, fire me a pm, I'll probably help you assuming I'm not already busy with something else :)

Good to see you're still around, though <3

Yeah, sorry if I'm lagspamming everyone. :c My computer is like 90% broken, she's seen better days.

I'm sorry I beat you at Farming. :3 But you know, I've got to beat you at something!

I'll let you know when/if I start Dungeoneering - thanks for offering to help! <3:

I thought you retired, and now you're back. Don't you ever leave EVER. <3:

Good luck on getting 99 Farming. :thumbup:

I can't NOT keep coming back! Ahhhhhh.

Thanks for the well-wishes, Neo! :)

We love you Serpywerpyderp <3

We love you, too, Dorkwitchery <3[/hide]

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Think I might start doing barrows again, due to me needing cash for... certain future purposes >_>

Oh, and grats on the d med, Serpnub :P (and the dharok plate as well, I suppose)

Also, someone change his custom title to "Fired Crew" for lols.

Link_Olaran.png

Think I might start doing barrows again, due to me needing cash for... certain future purposes >_>

Oh, and grats on the d med, Serpnub :P (and the dharok plate as well, I suppose)

Also, someone change his custom title to "Fired Crew" for lols.

"Certain future purposes?" Reported for RWT, noob!

And thanks. ;_; Although I guess Dmed was better than nothing? D:

AND HEY, DON'T JOKE ABOUT SUCH THINGS. SOME PEOPLE MIGHT TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY:

Can I hire you then fire you again then change your custom rank "Refired Crew"? :3

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

farming.gif 90 Farming! ♥

507,127 EXP until 91. ;_;

[hide=Picture]90farming1-24-11.png[/hide]

Feels really great to hit 90 in another skill, especially one I really love... @.@ It just looks so nice in my stat menu.

Posting by request of one Mr. Serpywerpyderp. out of my own free will.

I love you. That is all.

Fix'd! And thanks! :D ILU2.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Your blog is so pretty! O_O I like dem pictures and daily progress updates! =P~

Thank you! =D I'm glad you like it. I don't have any fancy pictures like most people's blogs (monster drops, etc.) so I have to make it look nice somehow!

Thanks for dropping in; come back lots and post! Bwahahahaha...

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

You're awesome.

And Cool.

and Awesome.

And I lurve you.

And you're super nice. So get 99 farming and get 3 dh helms from one barrows chest tomorrow. K? Gud.

:D

You rock.

And did I mention, you're awesome?

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

355,747 EXP till 91 Farming. ♥

151,380 EXP gained since yesterday's post. Not too shabby?

I also splurged and blew a lot small amount of money on Magic cheap, totally inexpensive tree seeds but don't tell anyone.

I have abandoned getting through my stack of Avantoe seeds for the time being, and am farming strictly Snapdragons. $_$ TEH PROFITS!

AND ON A TOTALLY OBSCURE NOTE!!! I got my W-2 form today, and E-Filed my taxes. So I should be getting my tax return by February 4th. New computer tiem? Kthnxbai. ♥

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

summoning.gif 74 Summoning

44,444 EXP till 91 Farming!!! ♥

311,303 EXP gained since yesterday's post. </nolifing></money>

[hide=Quotes]

I'll just leave this here for lols:

[image]

>_>

On a more serious note, get that new computer soon, Serp. I wanna drag you into Daemonheim for a duo dungeon already <3

WAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN. *saves image* :3

I RETIRED, DAMN IT! I WASN'T FIRED@@@ Rage.

And yeah, I should be getting my return next week, and then I'll start looking around for a computer. ^~^. I don't know that I'll do Dungeoneering/Scroll of Life QUITE so soon after I get a comp... but we'll see. ♥

Just so you know I suck at Dungeoneering. Level 36 and I think I'm on Floor 4.[/hide]

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png