Now What? Bless his grave or get a free 30+m? <FREE TRADE UPDATE>

jjjon123

For the past three years, folks could trust that if they lagged out and died at lets say GWD, td's ect. that there would be somebody to bless their grave. Even if you were a froob bandos crasher, it was just good honor to bless a fellows grave because there was no reason not to, Heck he might have been thankful enough to lend you his godsword or claws.

But when February 1st comes around, what does that noob bandos crasher have to lose? Instead of just maybe getting a free lend he can now HAVE you claws/godsword! When one might be lucky enough to borrow someones anti-poison or a shark or two in a slayer task gone wrong, now theres thought of becomeing millions richer instantly! Get ready for the tele-other spammers and the 3-item Death pile leechers.

What would you do? Your doing some solo gwd/DG's/td's, and a complete stranger appears, he has a few dozen mil worth of stuff on him and you tolerate him (hes not effecting you except maybe the occasional wait for the next dag to re-spawn, for the sake of illustration lets say he acts like a stuck up noob) All of a sudden he stops moving and rex starts pounding on him. He dies.

Do you bless his grave and lose some ppoints? Or do you wait until his grave breaks and you take whats ever left which lets say happens to be quite a some? What do you think would be the majority of high level players response?

EDIT2: Just so this doesn't end up in the graveyard-of-a-forum questionnaires I'm going to present more discussion: After three years of being used to dieing with next to no consequences the majority of players (all really) will now have to adopt to the idea of leechers and noobs that will do whatever they can to see them die just for that rune full helm.

EDIT: Is it jsut me or would this topic make a great tip.it times article? :P "Honor vs GP"

Free Trade EDIT: It seems that jagex has actually seen this as a problem and remedied it by making all gravestones last longer and all bless/repairing cost 0 ppoints!

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I'll still bless any grave I come across as I always have because IMO it's not worth ruining someone's day to get a few items. I will say though that I could see a lot of RS players not caring about the player that died and only thinking about what they might get out of that gravestone pile. :/ Not sure how this is going to pan out yet.

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

Take the money and run of course!

Or in this case, stay, and sell the guy his stuff back.

I used to do that alot in the wild either to people I pked or others who afk-died.

Sometimes they couldnt afford the rune large and legs they had lost so they returned to the training spot with adamantite substitutes, much to my amusement.

If I ever died I would expect anybody near my pile to do the same. Also if they returned it for "free" I would always see to it that they were paid either in GP or by other means.

I recognize the term "honor" in video games and the fact that some see themselves as obligated to uphold "justice". But also realize that an honorable act could also appear in the form of not rewarding a person for an act of stupidity, i.e going afk and dying.

I think the flaw with this analogy is outside the pking world anyone who dies is gonna keep their 3 most expensive items atleast.

So in terms of an average sort of setup that means none of the claws, GS, divine, elysian, bandos etc will actually hit the floor you'll jsut at best get to grab maybe a few hundred k from some expensive boots or w/e

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think the flaw with this analogy is outside the pking world anyone who dies is gonna keep their 3 most expensive items atleast.

So in terms of an average sort of setup that means none of the claws, GS, divine, elysian, bandos etc will actually hit the floor you'll jsut at best get to grab maybe a few hundred k from some expensive boots or w/e

Most high levels dont ONLY use 3 expensive items yeah they might keep there divine,so thier barrow helmet/bandos legs will not make it. which will make it ATLEAST 5m+ loss

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Most high levels dont ONLY use 3 expensive items yeah they might keep there divine,so thier barrow helmet/bandos legs will not make it. which will make it ATLEAST 5m+ loss

And claws. You'll almost always lose D claws.

td2sig.jpg

Most setups I've seen for bosses etc don;t contain more than 3 items you wanna save.

And thoose who you do see parading about in masses of expensive stuff can clearly afford to lose it anyway and usually are good enough to not die.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'd personally sell them their stuff back...mind you any idiot dumb enough not to get the best gravestone should have their stuff leeched...if you can afford 50m in armor, surely you can afford to go and spend 1m in keldagrim...

div>

I recall a few months back i was at armadyl got koed you know how that goes but, to the point the team didnt even bless me simply because i was a fail and they didnt HAVE to.. lost my invo and acp+acs..

That goes to say, there are two types of people.. Those people and those people..

At least now my stuff just doesnt go to waste lol...

Staycw.png

"Kill anything that moves, Pick up anything that drops." -Really Tho-

I actually remember an incident similar to yours. Me and a friend were camped at the wildy castle with the metal drags (you know, the sennisten quest one). Guy comes in, no antifires/pray, and seemingly forgot his antifire shield. Guy hits the northwest side of the outer castle before getting picked off, and was actually trying to bribe us (with gp) to bless his grave. I ended up blessing his grave out of pity....mind you the reward was unneccesary but still decent (he more or less restocked my inv...pray pots/a couple tort pouches, and even a couple hundred broad bolts). Mind you, I probably would've blessed'm either way, seeing as I was almost out of supplies at the time...

div>

I will continue to bless, unless they're complete jerks towards me.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

If the person is a jerk then chances are I wont bless it because that's karma for you. If the person hasn't bothered me or seems nice enough I'll most likely bless it and if it's a random grave I'll bless it. If there's a grave with a load of opportunists around it I'll bless it just to annoy them :P

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I could post that I would bless their grave if they were nice. Honestly though, every time I remember someone dying pre-2007 I would just loot their stuff :<

Glad it's coming back, feels like it brings a little more risk into the game which has been lost over the years.

Leader of Nexus

Solace FA

PI6lf.png

http://www.nx-clan.com/

Kinda sad actually...this update I think, killed generosity between p2pers. I remember back when I was just starting out in p2p...could go to any bank/minigame and would be helped w/o delay. It truly is a dark day when people let greed come between themselves and saving someone's runescape experience...

div>

Blessing made MHing too easy to begin with- now that there is legit risk unless you have friends that can help you it brings risk back to where it should have always been. Remember, it's not necessarily a bad thing, in that it keeps the gear people use honest while keeping people unqualified from clogging up MH-ing spots, which in turn lessens crashing.

Always remember, as i've said time and again and been called a jerk- never risk more than you can afford to lose. There is no reason to cry when you deal with things intelligently.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I'll REPAIR someone's grave once. If they don't use the allotted time (more than enough, really) I will take their items. If for any reason, they beg for their items back, I'll give half of its value back.

I believe this is fair.