Now What? Bless his grave or get a free 30+m? <FREE TRADE UPDATE>

jjjon123

Well, if there's a lot of people waiting for the grave to collapse, I'd bless for the sole purpose of spiting everyone (and a possible reward from the deceased). If I were alone, however, that's an interesting question. I guess it would come down to how generous I'm feeling that day.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what I'd do. Personally, pre-gravestones, I considered looting someones stuff if they died a natural part of the game. I'd always loot if I could. And, quite frankly, if someone looted my stuff, that was part of the game too. If I died, ran back to where I died, and found the guy who looted all my stuff... if that person said "sucks to be you, but that's life" I'd agree with him.

Honestly, if it was a choice between blessing his grave or a chance at the claws he dropped, I'll take the claws.

That being said, there are very, very few places in the game you can't get back to within 6 minutes. Except the GW bosses of course - and at GW I'm SURE I wouldn't bless, seeing as there's a good chance the person lost something expensive for me to loot.

I'm also not sure what I'd do if there was a group of vultures. Might bless just to annoy them, especially since if there's a large group, my chance of a substantial reward is fairly low.

Who knows, I might just feel generous as well. It depends on if I know what the person died with too; if I thought the person was a newbie (compared to me, newb is highly subjective) or didn't lose a significant amount of money from MY perspective, I might bless.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

If they were friendly, then yes. If they were rude, or I just didn't talk to them, then I'm taking what I can get. It also depends what they're wearing. Whip, Godsword, Claws, I'll take it. Rune armour, dragon, pretty much anything that's pretty cheap, I'll give it back.

Two cases:

1st case: Find random grave

-Bless

Say, I go to arma solo and find a grave, I bless, or I'm at barrows and find a grave, I bless, or even find a grave anywhere I'd still bless, if I don't make on time, loot it and wait for someone to appear claiming his/her items, I'd ask what items so I know for sure they're his/hers.

2nd Case: Crasher

-No bless

If I'm doing anything that can be crasheable, and a crasher comes in and dies, I don't bless, say I was at DKs and a crasher is well, crashing me and happens to die, well I don't bless, unless it's someone who got in, and was trying to hop and died, in that case I bless, but if it's a crasher who is just trying to ruin my day, you better not die fool.

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I'll loot a grave unless the person was nice or something. I expect people to loot mine, too. I can't remember the last time I wasn't able to make it back to my grave in time, though. You can even make it back in under six minutes at solo Bandos.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Pretty sure they said your items would appear on the ground after the gravestone disappeared.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

i would bless unless they act like a total jerk

my bank is only what i need (+ spares) and as much cash as i need at that time and i dont need any more than that

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

I'll loot a grave unless the person was nice or something. I expect people to loot mine, too. I can't remember the last time I wasn't able to make it back to my grave in time, though. You can even make it back in under six minutes at solo Bandos.

I think there is a vid of someone making it back to bandos in less than 5 minutes, so it's definitely possible, you just need to be smart and use steel titan to get kc. For Td's and frosts, it's somewhat easy to get back in 6 minutes, but for Nex, arma, sara and DK's, the risk will be much higher from now on. Corp really depends on how the new system will turn out, but team corp could somewhat die with Nex+ instantly lootable drops. DK's could possibly suffer most from this update.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Playing GWD in the past, I've always blessed anyone and everyone's grave no matter what they were doing (crashing, fighting along, etc.) and have expected the same of everyone else while realizing that whatever I bring, except for my 3 most valuable items or 4 if I use prayer, I am risking to lose. After the update, I would still bless their graves but expect mine to be blessed less often by strangers simply because greed exists. I have, pre-2007, picked up people's things and pm'd them to return their items to them. If they're private is on friends and I can't talk to them, I would either wait in my spot if I can or just keep the items they dropped.

That's just my stance on the subject.

Sir_Sibz.png

Sir_Sibz.png

45f0d8e6a6.png

BlogSignature-March11.png

Pretty sure they said your items would appear on the ground after the gravestone disappeared.

Yeah, I'd rather have a quote before worrying about this. If it's true though, I'm going to start wearing a rol to DKs again.

Tact.gif

Increased risk when MHing = :thumbup:

Looters getting potential millions for doing nothing other than hanging around someones grave = :thumbdown:

But seriously, in the end, the only thing I'm concerned about is the [bleep]s who think it's cool to lure DK's/TD's on to you just so they can have a chance at getting you killed.

Sylpheed.png

Risk vs reward right? I see everyone throw it around on these forums and its the same situation. Your out trying to make millions of GP so its just right that you have the possibility to lose millions as well. Theres good enough substitutes out there that you don't need to risk ridiculous amounts of money. Besides this really only effects soloers because hopefully you have some decent team mates who will bless for you. Personally I made probably 50 mil the first week god wars came out from peoples deaths so I am looking forward to it.

However I think the community will have a hard time adjusting and jagex will eventually change it.

L2pullout.png

Where did Jagex say your items would appear outside of wildy? Or is this just speculation?

Gravestones

How will gravestones work now?

If you die in the wilderness there will be no gravestone. At all. If you were killed by a player, they get the drop. If you were killed by monster, the drop appears for everyone immediately.

Some areas of the wilderness are still PK free (like the original mage arena). In those areas AND in the rest of the game, a gravestone will appear and exist just as they do today. The gravestone can still be blessed and maintained by other players. A player returning to their gravestone will be able to reclaim all their lost items.

If a player doesnt return to their gravestone and it crumbles away, all players will be able to pick up the loot.

From the wilderness and free trade Q&A on rsof.

If it's someone on my team or a friend or even just someone I was chatting too I'd bless (or if I need my p pots just pick up the stuff and give it back). If they were trying to steal my spot, flaming in any way or otherwise annoying me it serves them right for me to take their stuff :twisted: I would definetly only boss with friends now, I don't boss much anyway but if I did I'd get into a pvm clan because theirs no way random forum teams will bless anymore. In fact I can imagine if someone does bless they will be flamed by the other guys who wanted the stuff <_< I do think this was a bad move by jagex, it discourages trust and working together and instead makes it every man for themselves, even those in the same team as you. Then again pre-07, we didn't even have gravestones so maybe the last 3 years has made us too used to safety, I mean if you die at a boss you shouldn't always be guaranteed to get your stuff back and I do welcome us not being wrapped in cotton wool all the time, that's what made rs so great in the old days, dying was scary and the game was actually dangerous- no graves, no safety areas, no warning messages for every little thing, no wildy ditch and everyone loved it.

Bbk.png

Yeah, I'd rather have a quote before worrying about this. If it's true though, I'm going to start wearing a rol to DKs again.

I'd rather worry about it and find out it's NOT true, then NOT worry about it and find out it IS true.

Looking for quote...looking for quote...

Bam.

Gravestones

How will gravestones work now?

If you die in the wilderness there will be no gravestone. At all. If you were killed by a player, they get the drop. If you were killed by monster, the drop appears for everyone immediately.

Some areas of the wilderness are still PK free (like the original mage arena). In those areas AND in the rest of the game, a gravestone will appear and exist just as they do today. The gravestone can still be blessed and maintained by other players. A player returning to their gravestone will be able to reclaim all their lost items.

If a player doesnt return to their gravestone and it crumbles away, all players will be able to pick up the loot.

Source: http://[Use Quick Find Code]/l=0/sl=0/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?254,255,55,62204744

Quick-Find code: 254-255-55-62204744

Also, if you head to the RuneScape home page, you'll see "Wilderness & Free Trade FAQ - Now Live!"

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Im 138 combat and i risk atleast 2m at bandos.

That adds up, obv i never die but i did dc once.. That hurts.

Hope they change the rules or upgrade graves dramatically.

you must be an 08 prod :thumbup:

I think they need more warning screens at bandos as well.

for me it would be situational... say if someone tries crashing at gwd or stealing a training spot and dies... im taking their stuff for my troubles <_<

but if the person isnt bothering me or nice then they will be blessed by me

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!