Now What? Bless his grave or get a free 30+m? <FREE TRADE UPDATE>

jjjon123

Time to camp outside solo bandos worlds :3

but tbh, it depends what they were doing. Crashers: no, [bleep] you. Leachers: No, [bleep] you too. Teammates, friends, good people that arent [wagon]: yes, you can have my ppoints. Just try to bring me a ppot for my troubles

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like this idea - personally I'm totally fine with the risk, but I'd rather have my stuff instantly disappear than have the chance for a random jerk to get all my stuff. Brings back the thoughts of DK luring, and possibly just waiting outside of Nex's/Bandos' lair to loot stuff.

That being said - not to be a hypocrite - I'd consider scouting non-LS worlds outside of Graardor's lair to loot soloers graves. When looting graves could be more profitable than killing the actual boss, my morals give in for greed.

There are quite a few things that make me decide whether or not to bless a grave:

Things I do bless for:

The most expensive gravestones (angel of death/keldagrim statue) - this tells me they are serious about losing their stuff and are willing to pay a hefty amount of GP to keep their valuables, should they die.

Their circumstance. If I see someone who dies unexpectedly because of something out of their control, I'll bless that.

Any of my friends gravestones

Things I don't bless for:

Rude people

Gravestones which (usually) cost less than 50k. If I see a little stick in the mud or a little flag for a gravestone, it tells me they don't care about their death, and are almost asking for their valuables to disappear.

All in all, I think if you have the nerve to wear expensive gear all the time, you have to realize that there's a good chance that you will lose it one day. Whether it's an unexpected update that you didn't see, a boss that got lucky, a disconnection, or something else. For me, it depends a lot on the situation or circumstance of the death though, and it's up to the player to be responsible for their own things. There are only a couple times I have died, and they were both disconnections. Other than that, I don't die because I'm careful.

2vuhgcn.png

I don't like this idea - personally I'm totally fine with the risk, but I'd rather have my stuff instantly disappear than have the chance for a random jerk to get all my stuff. Brings back the thoughts of DK luring, and possibly just waiting outside of Nex's/Bandos' lair to loot stuff.

That being said - not to be a hypocrite - I'd consider scouting non-LS worlds outside of Graardor's lair to loot soloers graves. When looting graves could be more profitable than killing the actual boss, my morals give in for greed.

Why would you lurk at Bandos? Seriously, unless you disconnect, you deserve to die if you can't kill that oversized training dummy.

Sylpheed.png

If you had Divine spirit shield in your grave, and needed someone to bless grave for you or you loose the shield. Would you not be very grateful and happy if someone blessed it?

Yes, you would. To us high levels barrow items and claws and so on might not be a item valued as high as "Divine", but to people who don't got good profits, items are valued pretty high.

Point: Bless people's grave. Earn cash in a decent way, not by taking people's stuff.

If you had Divine spirit shield in your grave, and needed someone to bless grave for you or you loose the shield. Would you not be very grateful and happy if someone blessed it?

Yes, you would. To us high levels barrow items and claws and so on might not be a item valued as high as "Divine", but to people who don't got good profits, items are valued pretty high.

Point: Bless people's grave. Earn cash in a decent way, not by taking people's stuff.

If it was my choice I'd just say take out the ability to bless so people can stop crying about the game not being challenging enough and then make it so if you dont make it back in 5 minutes, your stuff just disappears. That way no vultures can make millions by doing nothing.

Sylpheed.png

I don't mind losing items on death but this is a stupid way to increase the danger because it splits teams apart and ruins collaboration.

I would tend to agree with this. You can't trust a random team with such an update.

I bless all but idiots (like the guy who went to get a soda @ steels and forgot his antifire, lol).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Well I don't believe much in e-honour, but I would bless anyone's grave if they weren't an ass to me prior to dying. If they were.. well then for their sake they better get to their grave quickly.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I don't mind losing items on death but this is a stupid way to increase the danger because it splits teams apart and ruins collaboration.

You can say, on the other hand, that it was a stupid way to lessen risk. With the overload of unqualified boss hunters, this is a godsend for those that know what they are doing(you can make more money as there fewer people and you also make money from others graves).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Means I won't be able to risk chaotics when i'm bossing with randoms ;/

They wouldn't be able to loot your chaotics.

They won't bless me though. If they blessed me I could get back before my things were loot-able.

C1Geq.png

how i allways did it, bless everyone if posible.

but if i think there a bot, or just a troll, let em lose all that geepee's :twisted:

i might change things around though now, obviusly i want gp and this would be a nice way to get some. but i still value being nice over cash.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Mod Slayer asked:

Gravestones & bosses.

Many bosses teams are created using the "Teamwork" forums. You often don't know the people, and if you'd die they most likely won't bless grave if they can loot your items if they won't.

Therefore I suggest doing what you were planning to do all over Gielinor EXCEPT for GWD boss rooms, GWD Zaros zone and possibly other bosses, in which it should be kept as it is right now.

Mod Fetzki answers:

Thanks for raising this, this is a good hint. We will look into a solution for this.

QFC: 254-255-55-62204744

Naaxi.png

100% I will loot and not give back: D Claws/Ags. Any single-items worth 50M-100M+

Crashers, Afk, Botters, Trash talkers.

Other than that, I don't mind blessing or picking up the items and give it back, but only if they'd pm/asked me. I'm not gonna add them and pm asking if they want their stuff back, or bring their stuff to them.

If I died and my grave crumbled, I won't ever ask for my loot back. You can keep it.

Tbh, It's your own fault for dying/lag and disconnected. Mad raging players makes me lulz.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

You can say, on the other hand, that it was a stupid way to lessen risk. With the overload of unqualified boss hunters, this is a godsend for those that know what they are doing(you can make more money as there fewer people and you also make money from others graves).

It's a good point that you can make money off other people dying, though it's not exactly how I set out to do it when I did GWD 4 years ago. Although this will do some positive things in terms of prices/crowding, it will make deaths a very sticky topic for teams. Would you ever boss again with someone who sold your items instantly? Would you expect others to do the same?

2496 Completionist

Lol...this all goes back to a survey I did back in 2006, the question revolving around "would you trust a random person with fictional items?" After 50k votes, 64% said no...therefore, 64% of me refuses to go boss hunting now...lol

div>

Pro-Tip: Don't die.

Frankly, I'd keep the items myself. I'll bless my friends', teammates', and nice guys' graves but everyone else is fair game. Albeit if it was a newb, I will not waste the inventory space looting their grave and they shall receive my blessing.

Pro-tip: Don't risk things that you can't afford to lose. Just as it's always been. Nobody but you are responsible for keeping your items safe, just as in real life. This isn't babyscape, or atleast wasn't before 08. If everyone risked what they could afford to lose, we wouldn't have this thread. There was boss hunting before gravestones, there is no reason to think there won't be anymore.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.