jjjon123

Now What? Bless his grave or get a free 30+m? <FREE TRADE UPDATE>

I'd always loot it, always!

Capitalism is a [bleep] and runescape is its sister.

Has nothing to do with capitalism. It has to do with avarice and a lack of morals.

Considering that capitalism is based on individualism, which stresses the moral worth of the individual over society, family, etc, then yes it does have very much to do with capitalism. Also economics in general with Game Theory & Nash Equilibrium, but that's a bit of a stretch.

Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10

99 Defense since 3/14/11 99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11

99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11 99 Prayer since 11/15/11

99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14

99 Fishing since 2/4/14 99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14

99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14 99 Fletching since 11/11/14

99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Has nothing to do with capitalism. It has to do with avarice and a lack of morals.

Yea right... capitalism is seeking out your own wants and needs over anyone elses. Its not my fault I'm an oportunist.

Not to mention since Runescape is a GAME. I know this might be hard to comprehend but since Runescape is NOT real life, then the "morals" that apply in it are a lot more insignificant than the morals that represent real life.

Yeah, just because you can't see the person on the other side of the screen and will never meet them means their feelings don't matter.

td2sig.jpg

Well call me a pessimist but I rather NOT care about the "feelings" of someone behind a screen, halfway around the world, playing a GAME. I think you sir have been playing runescape a bit too long and don't see the difference between reality and a virtual environment.

Yea right... capitalism is seeking out your own wants and needs over anyone elses. Its not my fault I'm an oportunist.

Not to mention since Runescape is a GAME. I know this might be hard to comprehend but since Runescape is NOT real life, then the "morals" that apply in it are a lot more insignificant than the morals that represent real life.

Yeah, just because you can't see the person on the other side of the screen and will never meet them means their feelings don't matter.

you're right, they don't matter :thumbsup:

I'd loot it, but be nice and sell your stuff back to you for half price.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Using that logic, cyber-bullying is fine because it's not RL, correct? Why should morals play any part? Why should I feel bad about it? It's not RL.

It may only be a game, but as Kelly says so well, "People bring bits of themselves into that game." They work hard for their GP, for their name, for their ranks, etc. They put countless hours of their RL time into earning that stuff. Should one mistake cause them to lose all of that simply because "it's a game" and morals shouldn't count?

09144a99bb.png

"Morality (from the Latin moralitas "manner, character, proper behavior") is a sense of behavioral conduct that differentiates intentions, decisions, and actions between those that are good (or right) and bad (or wrong)."

Everyone has different moral codes. For example, In Runescape, we follow Jagex's rules so that we don't get banned. Now to get back on topic, to bless someone's gravestone or loot their stuff is not included in Jagex's rules, therefore its up to the individual at hand to deal with it on his own accord, and I can tell you now that 90% of the community would loot, to say otherwise would be delusional.

As for someone's "feelings"... those I do not care about because those feelings reflect differently on every person. However, most of those feelings (in runescape) are portrayed as egotistical in nature, so why should I treat someone "nice" when all they want in return is something for themselves. More so, if one put so much time and effort into Runescape, one day sooner or later they are bound to regret that decision when they quit this game. So by looting their stuff, all I am doing is potentially speeding that process ;)

End of story.

I guess it depends on the scenario for me. Like a lot of people have said, if the person was a jerk then they sure aren't going to get a bless from me. But also just because I remember what it was like to be a low level, I'll bless anyone that is under 120 combat simply because at those levels a death can be a really big thing.

4sDIn.png

Using that logic, cyber-bullying is fine because it's not RL, correct? Why should morals play any part? Why should I feel bad about it? It's not RL.

It may only be a game, but as Kelly says so well, "People bring bits of themselves into that game." They work hard for their GP, for their name, for their ranks, etc. They put countless hours of their RL time into earning that stuff. Should one mistake cause them to lose all of that simply because "it's a game" and morals shouldn't count?

I was being facetious. :mellow: I completely agree with your argument. I greatly loathe people who feel the veil of anonymity present on the internet gives them free reign to take advantage of others and be unabashed [wagon].

td2sig.jpg

More so, if one put so much time and effort into Runescape, one day sooner or later they are bound to regret that decision when they quit this game. So by looting their stuff, all I am doing is potentially speeding that process ;)

End of story.

That's the biggest [bleep]ing rationalization I've ever seen. You're a greedy [wagon], that's the bottom line here.

td2sig.jpg

if I know the person I'll bless.

If I don't know the person, there is a pretty good chance I won't bless the grave. Heck, I wouldn't mind a few pieces of barrows, some rune piles, and bolts to add to my loot at DKs.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

The fact that you "bring part of yourself into the game" is irrelevant. As long as the rules that Jagex has set forth are being followed, "moral code" is open to interpretation on an individual basis. Sure some players treat RS as if it were RL, but that doesn't mean that the vast majority of players (those who treat RS for what it is, a game) have to play by your rules.

Ye I agree with this. If someone gets their feelings hurt over a game that isn't rl than that is their own issue. I play Runescape as a game, in fact I only know the real names of like 2 of the people on my friends list, because I know I'll never seen them in real life so I don't really care if I set a rude impression on others. Basically my morals on this game is that its a fun game but I don't really put any emotion into it. Of course it's going to suck if you die with 30m+, I have in fact died with 30m, but I figured it's just a game and won't impact my rl. In fact RS has more of a negative impact on my life, because it takes time away from other things, but of course not to the point where its an addiction. However nothing wrong in having fun, and that is what people should be having on rs, idk why someone would play it if it bored them.

Honestly, I've seen high levels get flamed multiple times, to the point where they say they're crying irl whether or not it's true.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

I would bless if there were lots if people around, just to make them angry. If i talked to the person and they were nice i would bless, but if you're mean to me except me to loot and then dance on your grave. I will be a lot more careful anywhere and fully except randoms to loot my stuff. Also means i would never boss with randoms.

I would bless anyone, unless they crash or be a jerk to me.

Pro_X_Chris.png

Pro_X_Chris.png

Pro_X_chris.png

Pro_X_Chris.png

apkwn.jpg

^^ Best Friend Anyone Could Ever Have ^^

^^ Been In Ups And Downs But Hes Always Been There ^^

^^ Luv Ya Forever Luckyy <3 ^^

Wow, Jagex has actually seen this as a problem and atempted to fix it!

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

I'm glad the blessing costs have gone and that the gravestones have had increased time limits to retrieve your items

2vuhgcn.png

Well, this partially changed things. The question still remains: to be a greedy icehole, or not to be a greedy icehole.

div>

I don't see any point of not blessing unless it's the planks-on-a-stick gravestone. I mean with the 50k costing grave lasts 10 mins and the new dwarf one lasting 15 minutes you pretty much could make yourself lunch and still have time to get back.

Sephy.png

I'd loot unless it was a friend or someone I talked to and liked.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

The fact that you "bring part of yourself into the game" is irrelevant. As long as the rules that Jagex has set forth are being followed, "moral code" is open to interpretation on an individual basis. Sure some players treat RS as if it were RL, but that doesn't mean that the vast majority of players (those who treat RS for what it is, a game) have to play by your rules.

Well, I by your logic, as long as you follow the laws of the land, you are being moral. Therefore, slavery was perfectly moral and acceptable and not morally wrong AT ALL in the U.S. 200 years ago; to be specific, the slavery of black people.

Oh. Oh. What now.

Don't make me find current examples either.

EDIT:

Fyi, I have no personal issue with blessing/not blessing/looting gravestones, and I wouldn't blame anyone for looting mine, nor do I consider a SERIOUS breach of ethics or morality. That being said, to say that it is completely and morally correct and to say that there is in no way anything morally with it is, to me, wrong.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

15 is barely enough to make it back to arma+Nex, but it *is* just enough. Not for everyone though.

This also makes it MUCH easier to get back to your gravestone while soloing, especially if your internet drops for a few minutes.

Any word on Corp? How long does it take to get from new tele spot to east side of lair?

2496 Completionist