Road to 99 slayer

asd143fgh

First. Get a rapier. It can add around 10-30k (pulled outa my ass) melee xp per hour, which is 2k-6k slayer xp. Thats 12-36k extra xp/day, 84-252k/week, 336-1008k/month. Thats ALOT once you put it into perspective.

Second. Get extremes. Sell everything if you have to. If you can not afford it then go make the money for it. You only need around 2.5m to start slaying (black mask, p pots, d boots, glory, prossy, b gloves)

Third, turmoil. If you can't afford this after extremes and earn the money through slayer and buy it all at once, as soon as possible.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

Vex uses turmoil and usually overload and does about 12 tasks, yes :P. Also, using piety while cannoning is best.

Hehe well I can't afford that :P I'm still a nub haha! I can get 200K odd in a day really with on and off slaying. :P

However I don't have:

A. Overloads - and tbh people do say anything more than an extreme is overkill.

B. Turmoil - Saving for it though! :3

C. The money to piety AND cannon.

Tbh 2 of those things seem to be a major waste of resources and money :P

I learnt things as I went.

Overloads aren't needed or worth it to some extent.

Turmoil probably isn't when cannoning aberrants & dagannoth, but since the task is over so fast the ppots used might even cut down on cballs used so cost evens out (so many variables that it'd be difficult to work this out, however the cost difference is really insignificant)

Cancelling tasks is the most important thing over just cannoning everything. Some tasks really are a waste of time, especially if you are willing to cannon/piety.

My list in my guide is for effigies only, however there are several additional tasks that can be worth doing for most people, but there are several which really aren't.

As for my list & slayer part to my guide, I was curious to see how the top Slayers got so much XP per day & I learnt first hand how to do it & also found you can make a profit doing so. There are numerous guides to Powerslaying, but I haven't found one that has the perfect list.

Anyway I'm in the process, (amongst 1000 other things) of trying to see how much time & money is saved or earnt, by deriving gp/xp values to various Slayer monsters & the methods involved in killing them.

As for the question in hand - Slayer is a secondary skill, between 93-99 it is levelled while you level other combat skills. Camping a monster will always be better cash, charms & effigies.

If you are < 96 summoning you will want Charms

If you do NOT have Turmoil nor Extremes, you will most likely want profit.

If you want to level your non-combat skills, you will want Effigies, for now, or to store for the future. (These can also be used on Prayer & Herblore which put's them in the profit category.

Design your list around that, don't waste your time doing tasks not catered to your needs or to your stats. (So if you are maxed don't waste your time on fire giants or warped tortoises, you can just cancel them and forgo the "100k" in runes it costs you and get another task that will potentially reward you with much more than 100k, or effigies, or charms - in the same time period.)

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

• 1 month later...

Some things would not be worth selling for turmoil IMO, stuff like Verac's skirt/berserker (i), whip of course.

If you have trouble getting money, there are a few good things to do now with the bonus xp weekend coming up.

1) Gathering herblore ingredients. People are willing to pay more to get fast xp. You can also level herblore yourself and get extremes on the weekend.

2) Gathering bones. Since bones are 7k each, you can make some nice money by killing blue dragons.

3) Farming and dailies should always be done. Get those (low) farming, runecrafting, herblore and dungeoneering levels up, too, to unlock some better task rewards/resource dungeons.

For you, the largest possible upgrade to your slayer speed would be getting a chaotic rapier.

Get 95 prayer or don't bother, 90 prayer isn't that much better than 70.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Just get money until you get 95 prayer. Use this to make dg much more enjoyable (soul split basically means food is a near non factor). Once you start dging do herb runs every 1.5 hours and dailies before you log out and by the time you hit 85 dg for your rapier+goodies you should have cash for extremes. If not camp frost dragons for cash until you do.

Otherwise you should still be doing your dailies and herb runs. Should more than cover the costs of ppots and cannoning your tasks.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword