Extremes in New Wildy

Pay_Me

203 members have voted

1. 1. Which Best describes your feelings?

• Allow Extremes in Wildy, there's no reason not to
    • Don't Allow Extremes, I can't use them
    • Don't Allow Extremes, I'm afraid of them
    • Don't Allow Extremes, "you can't see them"
    • Other, Please explain

No, because they are overpowered. I don't want people hitting 750s with handcannons and 700-700 with dbow specs.

Don't go in the wilderness then. The wilderness is ment to be and I quote from Jagex "A dangerous place."

Ecruteak.png
Ecruteak.png

Ecruteak.png

RuneCrafting addict 

Divination addict

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be fine with me if they were tradeable or super defense pots boosted your damage soaking... but they don't so I'm glad they were disallowed.

Though extremes really aren't that great for PvP... I did fine in the duel tournaments with my welfare 2006 d sq, super def pot, and standard magic pot against people with divines and overloads.

(and I can use extremes... as if my opinion was invalid otherwise :roll: )

77yLQy8.png

Lol...disallowing extremes in wildy is stupid, and kinda a pathetic arguement to fight. Let's say they do ban'm, what's next? "Ooh, that guy worked so hard to get 99pray, let's ban prayer too". Here's an idea to everyone wanting them banned: go out and get herby levels so you can use'm, and stop whining. Nothing's stopping you....(Ps: I am in no way enthused about pking, the previous arguement was merely in defense of the herblore skillers who, like me, tend to be attacked randomly on these forums)

div>

Could the poll be changed to either 'I have extremes, Pk and don't want them' and ' I have don't have extremes, PK and do want them'?

I feel that most pkers who can use them still don't want to use them, where in it seems like those who don't normally pk but have access to them do want them. Wether or not they should be allowed in the wilderness should primarily be up to those who would be using it.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Because it is so hard to kill people as it is?

Extremes are just unnecessary. At bosses they give you a significant advantage and the ability to get more/faster kills. In the wilderness they would give you the ability to 1 hit people, which is outrageous.

Funny that everyone always assumes maximum offense, but never maximum defense.

Full Torva + Divine will not get one-hit by anything. In fact, assuming you respond aptly, you won't be two-hit by anything either. Even assuming absolute maximum strength gear, your max hit is only 475-237-128-118 with Dragon Claws according to Tip.It's calculator.

Before Divine:

475-237-128-118

After Divine:

333-166-90-83

After Soak (13% from Torva):

316-166-90-83

That's 655 damage. That's not even half of his health. Not to mention, he could've easily brewed when he saw you, giving him over 1500 health to begin with.

Also, what about healing? You can easily cast Healing Aura and eat a piece of food in between. 230 HP for a Rocktail, 208 for Healing Aura. He just healed back over 2/3 of the damage you dealt with a PERFECT special attack, before you can follow with another attack using a speed 6 weapon.

Just because Torva is rare now doesn't mean it'll be forever. I've already seen dozens of people PKing in Divines. Once people start killing Nex more frequently, I guarantee you'll see people wearing Pernix/Torva/Virtus, too. Remember when Ahrims came out and everyone thought it would be way too expensive for PvP? Using cheaper gear is now considered welfare among good PKing teams.

EDIT: Here's another one.

Dark Bow max hit according to Tip.It's calculator is 528-528. This is with Extremes and full Void, basically top of the line offense. RSWiki says 560-560. Let's go as far as to assume Special Restore potions and Ring of Vigour for back to back specials.

Before Divine:

560-560

After Divine:

392-392

After Soak (26% from Torva):

342-342

Grand total of 684. Still not even half of full HP.

No, because they are overpowered. I don't want people hitting 750s with handcannons and 700-700 with dbow specs.

Don't go in the wilderness then. The wilderness is ment to be and I quote from Jagex "A dangerous place."

Very stupid thing to say.

A dangerous place is NOT somewhere that people can 1 hit you with something like a DDS.

Dangerous place != Certain death.

Also, i never assumed max offense. I assumed PKing gear, in which people easily hit 350s+ with a gmaul, without extremes. How the [bleep] would extreme attack accuracy be fair on any level? I have successfully maul rushed people with 90 attack and strength from 900+lp, do you really want me to have extremes?

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

Could the poll be changed to either 'I have extremes, Pk and don't want them' and ' I have don't have extremes, PK and do want them'?

I feel that most pkers who can use them still don't want to use them, where in it seems like those who don't normally pk but have access to them do want them. Wether or not they should be allowed in the wilderness should primarily be up to those who would be using it.

But that wold take all the credibility out of the OP for creating a poll to make fun of people who can think of the bigger picture, not just personal gains. Loaded polls :thumbsup:

Soma, nobody will be using maximum defense in the wilderness, particularly with extremes. It's stupid to contemplate on people bringing stuff worth over 50m to the wilderness. Max def in wildy will be barrows armor, with most people still using rune/mystic/black hide. When ahrims came out, people used it in the wilderness right away(just like whips and w/e else not worth 600m). Max offense is EXTREMELY easy to achieve, or to approach(in terms of risk).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

omfg extreme's and ovl would be so awesome if it was let in wild bcuz those poor nubs that don't spend 150m and months of their life like i have deserve to get massively pwnt and one shotted.

Grow up, it's an RPG and who gives up crap about pvp as a whole????Stupid whiny pkers. What pvp will look like as a result is completely irrelevant, and as long as i can one shot people and benefit then extremes and ovl are obviously better for the entire game.

I mean claws and weapons are definitely comparable to stat boosting potions, and since they are already borderline broken, that obviously means that jagex should allow potions that would finally turn them into an officially broken weapon!!! wtf is wrong u noobs l2 herblore. wild isn't dangerous enough WE NEED MORE DPS AND KO POTENTIAL PLOX.

I do agree that extremes are over powered because you can't tell if someone is using one. But then neither can you tell if anyone is using a super pot or other boost. So how about this. If combat stats get boosted then so should combat level equal to the boost you recieved from pots/excally/familiars ect. Would that make everyone happy?

Again, the biggest reason isn't that it doesn't affect combat level(although they should if they are allowed), but that they would effectively kill pvp combat in that DPS will be times higher than what you can heal, resulting in everything about wildy being about luck.

So why remove extremes? Why not remove all special attacks and all items with level requirements above 60?

Or how about a flat damage reduction? Any damage you do to other players is reduced by 50%, period. Other games have used this to solve issues where strong enemies have many times the health of players, so what is acceptable DPS against monsters is not acceptable against players.

If jagex can fix the problems, sure, i can see extremes being a vital part of the wilderness, assuming they also give combat levels. Unless they can do that(and i haven't seen anything yet), removing extremes from the wilderness is an easy solution to the problem.

I don't think disallowing extremes would be really fix the problem, as only special recovers seem to be quite powerful. I would think the removal of chaotics and (= along with) other untradeables would be more sensible.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

bla bla bla

Now repeat that calculation for the avarage Joe that uses mystic, full rune and dhides.

Lol @ bruno: they intend for you to die eeeeeverywhere. Ever been to the gwd?

There is a subtle difference with a boss that hits 400-500s and a player that can hit more than you can brew to.

A dangerous place is NOT somewhere that people can 1 hit you with something like a DDS.

Also, i never assumed max offense. I assumed PKing gear, in which people easily hit 350s+ with a gmaul, without extremes. How the [bleep] would extreme attack accuracy be fair on any level? I have successfully maul rushed people with 90 attack and strength from 900+lp, do you really want me to have extremes?

Technically, that WOULD be a dangerous place by definition, and honestly, you won't be getting 1hitted very often if you have good armor.

Ecruteak.png
Ecruteak.png

Ecruteak.png

RuneCrafting addict 

Divination addict

I don't think disallowing extremes would be really fix the problem, as only special recovers seem to be quite powerful. I would think the removal of chaotics and (= along with) other untradeables would be more sensible.

When you die with chaotics, you lose them, so they are balanced by risk. Extremes aren't balanced in any way.

Technically, that WOULD be a dangerous place by definition, and honestly, you won't be getting 1hitted very often if you have good armor.

Well, if you consider claws, korasi, hand cannon and dark bow, there is no single set or armor that will keep you from being 2 hit, even with eating, but for divine, which we can ignore. There is a fine line between dangerous and outright ridiculous, and i think allowing extremes would cross that line.

It shouldn't be allowed. You can easily buy the required herblore levels in a few days so the only players profiting from this would be the richer ones. Dungeoneering is different because it doesn't matter how rich you are. You have to work and everyone has the chance to do so whether they are rich or poor.

... you do realize the difference between Super Attack and Extreme Attack / Overload is only 7 levels, even at level 99?

Again, you do realize that the difference between Super Strength and Extreme Strength / Overload is only 7 levels, even at level 99?

You also realize that while Extreme Magic potions are prohibited, Wolpertingers can be used (it won't even increase your CB level anymore) for exactly the same boost?

Also, if you're already mauling people to death with 90 Attack and Strength, I don't think Extremes will really change that up a whole bunch. Attack is just chance to hit - it's like saying now, 3 sides of the dice will kill you instead of 2. Sure, it makes you more powerful, but the possibility of being one hit was always there. Strength is a slightly bigger issue, but even then things like Turmoil add a lot more to damage than Extreme Strength does.

If any potion is really a threat, it's Extreme Ranging, since normal Ranging Potions are so weak.

Yeah guys, don't worry extreme att and range doesn't boots your accuracy at all. I'm sure your d'hide and rune will suffice. If it doesn't, just bring torva. lol @ noobs who can't afford to risk 400m and shouldn't be pking.

When you die with chaotics, you lose them, so they are balanced by risk. Extremes aren't balanced in any way.

You keep 1 item, correct? You can get smited out, but I think it should be quite possible to keep a chaotic for a long time. Extremes are balanced by cost (which is an issue, most pures won't bother to get them, similar to how turmoil pures are not the norm). Also, items like defenders, korasi's etcetera are all extremely cheap and could be considered unbalanced.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

... you do realize the difference between Super Attack and Extreme Attack / Overload is only 7 levels, even at level 99?

Again, you do realize that the difference between Super Strength and Extreme Strength / Overload is only 7 levels, even at level 99?

You also realize that while Extreme Magic potions are prohibited, Wolpertingers can be used (it won't even increase your CB level anymore) for exactly the same boost?

Also, if you're already mauling people to death with 90 Attack and Strength, I don't think Extremes will really change that up a whole bunch. Attack is just chance to hit - it's like saying now, 3 sides of the dice will kill you instead of 2. Sure, it makes you more powerful, but the possibility of being one hit was always there. Strength is a slightly bigger issue, but even then things like Turmoil add a lot more to damage than Extreme Strength does.

If any potion is really a threat, it's Extreme Ranging, since normal Ranging Potions are so weak.

Overloads allow you to use brews instead of food, effectively tripling the amount of food you can bring and the fact that the stats don't degrade offers an advantage over supers aswell(as you'd be fighting at 116-117 most of the time). Realistically, overloads give you 9 str/def/attack, 12 range and 7 mage in one inventory spot and allow you to use brews, which would be disastrous to most fights.

You keep 1 item, correct? You can get smited out, but I think it should be quite possible to keep a chaotic for a long time. Extremes are balanced by cost (which is an issue, most pures won't bother to get them, similar to how turmoil pures are not the norm). Also, items like defenders, korasi's etcetera are all extremely cheap and could be considered unbalanced.

Yeah dude, you lose your herblore levels when you die and all the time you spent on it just like you lose all the time you spent dging, didn't you know? Plus, that crucial 30k potion makes a difference too. And korsai, claws, are all cheap and could be considered unbalanced, so lets make them more broken with extreme's/ovl. What could go wrong?

Overloads allow you to use brews instead of food, effectively tripling the amount of food you can bring and the fact that the stats don't degrade offers an advantage over supers aswell(as you'd be fighting at 116-117 most of the time). Realistically, overloads give you 9 str/def/attack, 12 range and 7 mage in one inventory spot and allow you to use brews, which would be disastrous to most fights.

Yes, but that doesn't contribute at all to the "Omg I'm gonna one-hit you" issue.

Oh wow this thread is going fast.

Now repeat that calculation for the avarage Joe that uses mystic, full rune and dhides

The average joe isn't going around one-hitting people with Dragon Claws.

No, but other people do; and when they can 1hit Joe I think that is not anywhere near acceptable.