Europa Universalis 3

Nero

What day works for you (check all that apply)  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested?

2. 2. What day works best for you? (check all that apply)

Since we seem to like the idea of a complex hegemony system with political influencing, peace treaties, and other bruhaha, but rarely ever commit to actually following the myriad of rules that inevitably come with them, I figured it would be worthwhile to see if there would be enough interest in playing a multiplayer game of EU3 together.

If you don't know what Europa Universalis 3 is, it's a grand strategy game where you can play as any nation between 1399-1821 and guide it through history. There's war, trading, diplomacy, technology, national ideas, religious intolerance, and a plethora of other fun stuff. You can just search youtube for 'Europa Universalis 3' to get an idea of what its like.

Countries:

Morrocco - Archimage *

England - Retech

Japan - Icu *

Bavaria - Nero *

Portugal - Dungeonal *

France - Trol

Denmark - Rocco

Holland - Grim

Venice - Paul *

GAME RULES

I am the GM (Game Master/General Manager), any dispute that can't be handled between players I will try to solve as impartially as possible.

Do not pause the game unless absolutely necessary. If the game is going to fast ask the host to slow down the game speed.

Lucky nations will be set to 'Off'

A naval group can't be more than 150 strong (eg no galley spam)

No wrecking of your nation or opposing players nations. If you lost a single war don't get pissy and destroy your nation and quit. Likewise if you're winning a war, don't decline peace deals endlessly and just keep occupying an opponents country until it breaks.

Once a player surrenders in a war, peace terms must be made immediately. You can't continue fighting after someone has surrendered. Peace terms are up to the two (or more) players.

Alliance leaders in a war cannot peace out with who they are at war with without the agreement of the minor allies (So if France and Brandenburg are fighting against Milan, France can't peace out and end the war unless the minor ally [brandenburg] either says thats okay, or negotiaties their own peace with Milan).

There are no peace term restrictions, just keep in mind that if you take half of someone's country after a single war, someone else might do so to you.

You can't sell a province to another player if that other player can't see the province or your capital (so you can't sell Japan the province of Orleans in 1399).

No declaring war on a player's vassal to get around having to fight another player's allies.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to buy anything on Steam and I don't have HTTT. :thumbup:

I'll try to find it somewhere though.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

My mom doesn't use her credit card online, and I definitely do not have a credit card.

And I'm not going to spend half the game hiding from Ming China and trying to tech up to European level. :P

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

am very interested but can't play a steam game because my mother won't buy games online for me (GCSE's and all). Anyway, I would likely be able to play if you weren't playing on steam as I can acquire the game without my mothers credit card details.

Either way I think that this time would be better spent making a really good hegemony thread with loads of systems and stuff.

qTLQRuS.png

I bought the complete edition, Retech. All the expansions.

(Answering question from the back room)

Europa Universalis 3 Complete? I don't think it has HTTT. Or does it? I have it as well.

EU3 Complete doesn't come with Heir to the Throne or the newest expansion Divine Wind.

It's cause when they released Eu3 complete that was meant to be the last installment, but us fans like the game too much so they made more expansions lol.

Sounds awesome, slightly less awesome than a Victoria 2 game, but still pretty awesome. :thumbsup:

Are we thinking Grand Campaign?

:P

Yea Grand Campaign starting from 1399.

EU3 Complete doesn't come with Heir to the Throne or the newest expansion Divine Wind.

It's cause when they released Eu3 complete that was meant to be the last installment, but us fans like the game too much so they made more expansions lol.

That kinda sucks.

Installing heir to the throne now, but Divine Wind is too expensive as of now.

2Xeo5.png

Unfortunately I don't have any way of purchasing this.. So i'm out sorry.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

It's hilarious, because HTTT is only two dollars. Perhaps I still have one of those paypal cards lying around with two dollars on it.

I can't figure out how to do it. :)

Guys, please no suggesting use of torrents. Not to be a spoil sport, but it is against the rules and two regulars here are moderators.

I'm sorta obliged to take official action, so please don't let it happen again. :)

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;