Europa Universalis 3

Nero

What day works for you (check all that apply)  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested?

2. 2. What day works best for you? (check all that apply)

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kayyy

Also that colonisation one took me forever, was it meant to? I had to wait 50 years for Bermuda to become a core province before I could even begin thinking about Cuba.

Yea that's working as designed. It stops people from say colonizing all of South America by 1500.

Who are you and what have you done with Dusty! :rolleyes:

What do you mean?

Brandenburg is a good choice.

Archi's playstyle

Seems very interventionist, and with an interest in keeping a balance of power (aside from your own country, of course :P )

Hehe, you can't win wars if your army is the same size as other peoples...as I learned fighting France, when they then mobilised after my narrow victory, and I got swamped...my poor professional army.

And I didn't think you had ever used the word 'excited' before.=P

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I'll be Naples, if I can figure out how to get a steam version of EU3:Complete, or a non-steam version of HTTT that will work with my EU3:Complete. :P

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I'll be Naples, if I can figure out how to get a steam version of EU3:Complete, or a non-steam version of HTTT that will work with my EU3:Complete. :P

http://www.direct2drive.com/8827/product/Buy-Europa-Universalis-3:-Heir-to-the-Throne-Download

PM me your email retech.

Oh and you and Dungeonal are gonna be beating the crap out of each other non-stop for dominion over Italy hehehe

Actually, I will change to the great nation of Sicily!

Because once I ate pizza from a pizzaria called "Napoli's Pizzas" and got food poisoning.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Isn't that just in EU3 and Napolean's Ambition? Under "In Nomine", it says that it can form Italy.

Okay, I just discovered how screwed Sicily is in HTTT, from Dusty and my five minutes of experience. So I will be again, Naples. :P

God dammit! Just played my first game and I.... Blargh.

Started off as Japan, pretty smooth sailing. First action is to become more narrowminded, for the colonisation benefits. Bam, people don't like that -1 stability. Northern island which has a different religion to me, has a mission to build a fort there. I do that, while also building up a few carracks for naval dominance. Notice little island nation to the south of me, decide to befriend instead of attack. Get to around 70 relation from a few gifts. Korea declares war on them, I try to gauruntee (hard spelling) independence, doesn't work, little friendly island nation is conquered, sad face. Anywho, mission got completed, navy starting to look pretty sweet now, name it the 'imperial fleet' and begin station it near a small island inbetween the southern and central Japanese islands. New mission to convert them to my religion, good freakin luck, 6% chance per year of converting. Anywho, begin befriending the nations where Vietnam are. Get into a ton of marriages (although I apparently only have one heir so wtf, pilagamy?). Start noticing trade, and become the highest in all three of my trade routes, so going okay I guess. Notice big chinese nation (the one that isn't Ming) has problems with their throne and has only one contender for the throne. My prestige is -1, so I can't do it. Oh yeah in this time of 10 years, I finally recieved my first colonist, which took FOREVER. Colonised further north, so all good. Anywho, throw a festival to gain prestige, get -5 prestige. Quit.

Also @Spork

France does NOT suck D:.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

God dammit! Just played my first game and I.... Blargh.

Started off as Japan, pretty smooth sailing. First action is to become more narrowminded, for the colonisation benefits. Bam, people don't like that -1 stability. Northern island which has a different religion to me, has a mission to build a fort there. I do that, while also building up a few carracks for naval dominance. Notice little island nation to the south of me, decide to befriend instead of attack. Get to around 70 relation from a few gifts. Korea declares war on them, I try to gauruntee (hard spelling) independence, doesn't work, little friendly island nation is conquered, sad face. Anywho, mission got completed, navy starting to look pretty sweet now, name it the 'imperial fleet' and begin station it near a small island inbetween the southern and central Japanese islands. New mission to convert them to my religion, good freakin luck, 6% chance per year of converting. Anywho, begin befriending the nations where Vietnam are. Get into a ton of marriages (although I apparently only have one heir so wtf, pilagamy?). Start noticing trade, and become the highest in all three of my trade routes, so going okay I guess. Notice big chinese nation (the one that isn't Ming) has problems with their throne and has only one contender for the throne. My prestige is -1, so I can't do it. Oh yeah in this time of 10 years, I finally recieved my first colonist, which took FOREVER. Colonised further north, so all good. Anywho, throw a festival to gain prestige, get -5 prestige. Quit.

Also @Spork

France does NOT suck D:.

LOL.

Btw is that island Okinawa? It's Ryuku, so just declare war (colonial war), and conquer/annex it. They're pagan religion so you get only ~0.6 infamy from it haha.

Oh, and are you sure you want to play as Japan? You'll be completely removed from all the action until the 1700s or so.

@Trol: Almost all those tiny nations in France are your vassals from the start, so you can just diplomatically annex them.

Japan is good if you are playing a game against people like us though...With constant war we should remain rather weak, unless the balance of power fails, in which case Fortress Europe...

If Dusty decides to counter-balance anyone, they're probaly screwed. Well, maybe not for the pros (don't know who those are).

Should we install 4.1 patch? It doesn't seem to be working for me.

I have a feeling that either, me and Dusty will be at each other's throats the whole game...or one will just kill the other in a pre-emptive strike of epic proportions.