Whip vs. Chaotic Rapier?

Normalize

96 members have voted

1. 1. Whip or Rapier?

• Abyssal Whip
    • Chaotic Rapier

Staff of Light is better than both in spec on stakes.

Interesting idea... Do remember, though, that you then have to fight with the SoL for the full minute. Is SoL vs. normal def > Rapier vs. SoL specced def? Possibly, but I'd be interesting in testing at least.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, why is this a discussion? A rapier is basically a stage higher than a whip, given that they have similar roles (general use non-spec one handed melee weapon). If you use a whip a lot, which is most people, then a rapier is the right weapon for you if you can get it.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

smells like RSOF in here

TIF has become a lot like the RSOF since the revelation of "Wildy coming back." :thumbdown: Wish a lot of the people who quit after 12/10 stayed quit. At the very least, I would have thought they'd have grown up a little since then. Nope, once a derp always a derp.

td2sig.jpg

I wasn't trolling. I haven't really been keeping up with all the new content. Yes, I could do my own research, but I wanted a public opinion on whip vs, chaotic, stated previously.

Yeah, so the OP was trolling I guess, but I could actually use such info. Sorry if I struck you as a troll or spam, or whatever. Wasn't my intention.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

I wasn't trolling. I haven't really been keeping up with all the new content. Yes, I could do my own research, but I wanted a public opinion on whip vs, chaotic, stated previously.

Yeah, so the OP was trolling I guess, but I could actually use such info. Sorry if I struck you as a troll or spam, or whatever. Wasn't my intention.

If you honestly needed to ask, you either didn't look up the stats at all or are monumentally stupid. It's exactly the same as asking whether d scim is better than rune scim.

Generally when you're asking questions on a forum it's best to have looked into it at least the tiniest bit first, if only so that it's not as easy for randoms on the internet to mislead you.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Staff of Light is better than both in spec on stakes.

Interesting idea... Do remember, though, that you then have to fight with the SoL for the full minute. Is SoL vs. normal def > Rapier vs. SoL specced def? Possibly, but I'd be interesting in testing at least.

From the tests I've seen on other forums(By people like Libum1, j1m m0rr1son) they both stated straight SoL won whip-dds 9/10 times, and rapier-dds 7/10 times.

I'm not maxed melee so I couldn't do an accurate test myself.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

how did whip get 12 votes

blasphemy! time to slap the inefficency clows with the rubber chicken of reality!

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

All these guys are wrong. Use a bronze dagger.

That's common sense. It's implied that "best weapon" is actually "best weapon after DA BRONZE DAGGER" unless otherwise stated.

:D

Exactly:)

No, bronze dagger (p+) is the best. (p++ might corrode the dagger)

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

smells like RSOF in here

TIF has become a lot like the RSOF since the revelation of "Wildy coming back." :thumbdown: Wish a lot of the people who quit after 12/10 stayed quit. At the very least, I would have thought they'd have grown up a little since then. Nope, once a derp always a derp.

Judging from your generalisation, and the use of an irritating and inappropriate meme, they're not the only ones who need to grow up a little.

I get very sick of this attitude sometimes.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

smells like RSOF in here

Judging from your generalisation, and the use of an irritating and inappropriate meme, they're not the only ones who need to grow up a little.

Actually I've noticed a deterioration of this community since the whole efficiency wave came along. People started trolling topics which they had little interest in just because they didn't play the "right" way.

Just my observations.

Staurolite.png

smells like RSOF in here

Actually I've noticed a deterioration of this community since the whole efficiency wave came along. People started trolling topics which they had little interest in just because they didn't play the "right" way.

Just my observations.

No, it's become worse because of a combination of generalists, unwillingness to accept reasonable logic, pride, and overall stubbornness. Oh, also holding grudges. Which both this and your post show.

Anyway, I digress. This is a dumb thread.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

If you honestly needed to ask, you either didn't look up the stats at all or are monumentally stupid. It's exactly the same as asking whether d scim is better than rune scim.

Generally when you're asking questions on a forum it's best to have looked into it at least the tiniest bit first, if only so that it's not as easy for randoms on the internet to mislead you.

Green...ieyfura is NOT the op...you're being a total [bleep] to the wrong person.

Ieyfura was asking about Rapier vs Longsword, which is a perfectly reasonable thing to ask if they haven't really been around for the past year or so, which it appears she (assuming by avatar) hasn't been.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Green...ieyfura is NOT the op...you're being a total [bleep] to the wrong person.

Ieyfura was asking about Rapier vs Longsword, which is a perfectly reasonable thing to ask if they haven't really been around for the past year or so, which it appears she (assuming by avatar) hasn't been.

I wanted a public opinion on whip vs, chaotic

Green, my question was is it worth the trouble doing something I didn't enjoy doing for the boost. Yes, I know Chaotics are better than a whip. No I don't know if it is worth the trouble of soloing DG for it. I won't group up, because people like you don't have any patience for someone who hasn't been around in the past 3 years. (Yes I've logged on occasionally to check things out, such as DG, and found I wasn't all that into it)

Before you call me stupid, read ALL of my posts please.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Green, my question was is it worth the trouble doing something I didn't enjoy doing for the boost. Yes, I know Chaotics are better than a whip. No I don't know if it is worth the trouble of soloing DG for it. I won't group up, because people like you don't have any patience for someone who hasn't been around in the past 3 years. (Yes I've logged on occasionally to check things out, such as DG, and found I wasn't all that into it)

This

Castle of Zoltar

smells like RSOF in here

Just my observations.

No, it's become worse because of a combination of generalists, unwillingness to accept reasonable logic, pride, and overall stubbornness. Oh, also holding grudges. Which both this and your post show.

Yah lol. No grudges held, I promise, I just don't like the way dragonlordlj pinned everything on this wilderness/free trade coming back :P

Staurolite.png

No, don't try to solo it up. I soloed my way to level 65 before giving up. I won't train it again unless I'm part of a team.

punitivedsig.png

I wanted a public opinion on whip vs, chaotic

Quote the rest of her posts please?

Thank you...

(you little [bleep] you....)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

smells like RSOF in here

Just my observations.

Yah lol. No grudges held, I promise, I just don't like the way dragonlordlj pinned everything on this wilderness/free trade coming back :P

Meh. I just saw a lot of trolls who happen to be PKers show up around the time Jagex announces the return of the wilderness/free trade and formed a correlation between the two. I'll admit that I was probably wrong to make that correlation, and I apologize for coming off as a [bleep]. I just can't stand people who brag about how they are or plan to be [wagon]. It's their right if they want to act like that, as long as they are following Jagex's rules, but it rubs me wrong when they openly flaunt their rude attitudes. Am I making any sense?

On a slightly different tangent, the OP has been deemed a troll in several different threads by several different people. His posts carry little or no substance and he seems to be just trying to get a rise out of people. Hell, in a few of the older "Wildy returning threads" he more-or-less copy-pasted the same statement about how he can't wait for RuinedScape to be fixed and how he plans to lure and PJ. Most people ignored his posts so he kept posting the same messages across a few different threads to try to get a response. Trollish behavior. What I don't get is why the TIF mods haven't stepped in and removed people like him.

td2sig.jpg