Runescape on iPad

b_ad

Wait a minute, isn't this just a VNC program? This has been possible for years now. It's nothing new. Why are you acting like you've stumbled on the Holy Grail?

Because most players still dont know about this and if I'm skilling and talking to people and they ask why I'm taking so long to reply and I tell them they dont believe me.

Do they believe you now after you've created this thread? :roll:

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

What's it like on TeamViewer? I used that to play RS on my Desire a few times. Too small a screen though and Runescape isn't optimised for touch at all. Its pretty useless tbh.

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mobile.aspx

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Hmmm I always wondered this. I couldn't stand playing Runescape without a mouse or with the screen not being fixed on a desk or surface though :-/ a laptop would probably be ideal for me. Awesome that you can do that though :thumbup:

2vuhgcn.png

Technically its not on the iPad, it is on your computer and you are just seeing images of your computer screen. There are a ton of apps which allows you to do this. Later on this year, you *might* be able to play RS nativly on mobile devices.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I can't imagine the iPad's battery life will be too great playing Runescape. Pretty cool nonetheless, though I think I'll stick to using a computer :P

My friend's Ipad's battery life is about 11.5 hours.. and it's on max brightness...

Good enough for anyone really.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Nice, now wait until you are at least 13 years of age to start playing again. That's against the rules.

You can play RuneScape as young as age 9, you'll just have no free chat option. bound to quickchat.

If you're gonna try to be a buzzkill, make sure you know the rules before you preach to others about following them.

OT cool stuff right there. Nothing I would ever do though

Wait a minute, isn't this just a VNC program? This has been possible for years now. It's nothing new. Why are you acting like you've stumbled on the Holy Grail?

^ this

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Nice to know that it can be done, but a laptop is a lot simpler. I'm sure in a few years when handheld tech keeps developing we'll see more effective ways to play mobile rs. Then nerds can get some sunlight too :thumbsup: (kidding don't get offended anyone lol)

Bbk.png

Now of only it was possible to play runescape without having your computer running. (so you could play runescape with someone else at the same time)

Typing this from an iPad, no-way I am going to buy a Windows pc and I don't have the money for an Apple computer (also not the need as I already have a destktop computer at home)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Thank you for this thread.

I researched all of this .

Splashtop is good because it gives you sound and is very easy to set up.

Team viewer does not and is a pain.

Cloud browse tries to make you pay alot even after you buy the app. It is a total rip off and you are using their computers which is a security risk.

This helps you past the limitations of no java/flash and i really enjoy some light fishing and rs chatting on the ipad in bed.

Eventually an android tablet will come out and it will solve all the issues. But splashtop is tough to beat if you are stuck with an ipad.

Thanks again. And welcome.

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Tablets/ci.MOTOROLA-XOOM-US-EN.overview

sigtsg99rscaz7.png

The Slayers Guild a Slayer Clan led by Axe Man Jack

Proud to have written the most plagiarized Slayer guide on the planet.

Xoom looks awesome but alas still wont play RS natively :(

Stay tuned during the SuperBowl to see an advert for it :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12