Summoning in the Wilderness

Logdotzip

Summoning is going to be crucial for non-pkers in the wilderness.

Penguin hunters are likely to be summoning fighting familiars to put off potential pkers from attempting a poke. I probably wouldn't waste a steel titan pouch (5,546 gp) but I would take along a Geyser perhaps (3,887 gp).

Clue hunters might want to try a few different familiars. Meerkats are great because you avoid having to take armour and weapons into the wilderness to fight the mages. However without a Yak you can't send that valuable clue scroll safely to the bank. If Jagex changed the way dismissing works then people might be able to take both and only summon the yak when needed but unfortunatly the current system means you cant dismiss while under attack.

When crafting air orbs at the obelisk people are already likely to be using a bob familiar so in this instance might opt for a teletab in the inventory instead of an extra orb.

I thought you could by going into the Familiar Options and clicking "Dismiss Now"

I'm pretty sure you get a confirm box in the chat box which is cancelled if you get hit or click to move.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, if your Constitution is not 99 or something close, you may get killed in one attack anytime with certain weapons. Many other weapons also can damage much faster than somebody can eat up. Having a fighting familiar that will inflict some moderate damage or a unicorn that gives you some chance to survive a few more seconds isn't gonna wreck anything. Banking with familiars is the only issue I can see, and simply forbidding it in the wildy (which Jagex probably will do in 1 week following the obligatory nerdrage of the new update) would solve that.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

I think the best way would be to find some sort of a compromise. For example you can bank your stuff with your familiar when you're not skulled but when you're skulled you can't bank...Or something like that.

It's a big risk to take off all your armour in an attempt to bank it using the Yak. Wearing no armour increases the risk of a quick death before you get a chance to use the scroll ability. And besides, 96 summoning is a high level, they deserve the benefits. If a pker wants to attack someone that can summon a yak they have to understand that they might not get the loot and become skulled for nothing. That's the risk they take.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Summoning is going to be crucial for non-pkers in the wilderness.

Penguin hunters are likely to be summoning fighting familiars to put off potential pkers from attempting a poke. I probably wouldn't waste a steel titan pouch (5,546 gp) but I would take along a Geyser perhaps (3,887 gp).

Clue hunters might want to try a few different familiars. Meerkats are great because you avoid having to take armour and weapons into the wilderness to fight the mages. However without a Yak you can't send that valuable clue scroll safely to the bank. If Jagex changed the way dismissing works then people might be able to take both and only summon the yak when needed but unfortunatly the current system means you cant dismiss while under attack.

When crafting air orbs at the obelisk people are already likely to be using a bob familiar so in this instance might opt for a teletab in the inventory instead of an extra orb.

I thought you could by going into the Familiar Options and clicking "Dismiss Now"

I'm pretty sure you get a confirm box in the chat box which is cancelled if you get hit or click to move.

That's "Dismiss", not "Dismiss Now".

I don't quite understand your reasoning behind not using a Steel Titan. 1000gp difference is so insignificant it shouldn't really even matter, as long as it keeps the attackers eating and you alive.

Also, I really don't see the problem with Yak's. You can bank your bank too, what's wrong with it? There is risk involved when trying to scroll too, thus it's pretty balanced to use it.

I think the best way would be to find some sort of a compromise. For example you can bank your stuff with your familiar when you're not skulled but when you're skulled you can't bank...Or something like that.

It's a big risk to take off all your armour in an attempt to bank it using the Yak. Wearing no armour increases the risk of a quick death before you get a chance to use the scroll ability. And besides, 96 summoning is a high level, they deserve the benefits. If a pker wants to attack someone that can summon a yak they have to understand that they might not get the loot and become skulled for nothing. That's the risk they take.

The yak would simply give the advantage of being able to carry more food, which is great. For example, you could load the yak with more sharks, kill someone in deep wildy, put the loot on your yak and get out the food and still be able to survive one more duel on the way out against a weaker summoner since you have the food from the yak.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Well if a pker is worried about people using Steel titans and Yaks then they can gtfo the wilderness, go to Waterfiends to collect charms, then level up their summoning.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

The yak would simply give the advantage of being able to carry more food, which is great. For example, you could load the yak with more sharks, kill someone in deep wildy, put the loot on your yak and get out the food and still be able to survive one more duel on the way out against a weaker summoner since you have the food from the yak.

^^qft

That's the advantage already there. Being able to bank your stuff during fighting is just a bit [developmentally delayed]ed.

I think it's exactly the same case as why you're not able to use some routes out of the wilderness while you're under attack.

The argument of "Well, I have 96 summoning why shouldn't I be able to bank my stuff when I feel I'm losing. It's a privilege I've earned!" makes as much sense as "Well i have the required magic level why can't i teleport away when i feel like i'm losing in lvl ~50 wildy".

Having the ability of carrying tons of extra stuff with you is already an advantage and a rather fair one imo.

And I think it's not going to be that much about banking your armor but about banking your weapon to prevent big losses.

But I use Yaks to bank stuff while I am under attack all the time. If this were taken away just to please pkers then there will be a LOT of very angry summoners out there. I suppose a compromise might be to not allow bank storage scrolls after level 30 wildy but thats not fair on the people who use Yaks to bank rune ores and loot from the wilderness training spots. 96 summoning requires over 9.6m exp. I think it's a fair balance against people using Dragon claws or Chaotic weaponry.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

But I use Yaks to bank stuff while I am under attack all the time. If this were taken away just to please pkers then there will be a LOT of very angry summoners out there. I suppose a compromise might be to not allow bank storage scrolls after level 30 wildy but thats not fair on the people who use Yaks to bank rune ores and loot from the wilderness training spots. 96 summoning requires over 9.6m exp. I think it's a fair balance against people using Dragon claws or Chaotic weaponry.

Or not being allowed to yak bank if you're skulled. I think that'd be a fair compromise.

I'm happy I will be able to take a unicorn and be attacked by people without one. Or a geyser, I suppose, but that only works in multi.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

It sounds more like ' the death of pking ' than 'revolutionizing pking'. LOL at the mod that says familiars are awesome because they fight each other.

Technically this means that summoning is a non-combat skill now. I also don't understand why pack yak banking still works above level 20 wild.

^ do you not have 96 summ

I'm really excited that Jagex implemented this system. They realized that otherwise it'd basically be impossible to properly balance summoning levels with combat ability.

O look people can't have opinions if they don't have the level to use a certain ability. herp derp hurr Guess what. Overloads are overpowered in pvp. I have overloads. Yak is overpowered in pvp. I have 99 summoning.

Or not being allowed to yak bank if you're skulled. I think that'd be a fair compromise.

^^Something i also suggested before.

That might be the best option here.

And I didn't really think yak's should be nerfed in PvE situations, only in PvP. As the idea of being skulled is that you can't protect your items (except 1 then)...

And as i stated before, having tons of extra food, pots etc on your yak is an advantage already.

I at least thought the general idea of wildernes was to bring there only the stuff you're willing to lose and taking risks. Is it not?

I'm not a PKer, so as per usual my input is somewhat biased from a MHer's point of view, but I absolutely love that summoning is now a viable option in PVP. I would imagine that it actually works as a great counterbalance to OP weapons.

/two cents.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I would imagine that it actually works as a great counterbalance to OP weapons.

/two cents.

Why wouldn't it have done that before?

Because of the restrictions on who you could fight if you had a pouch. It could have worked before, but good luck finding fights in edge with your yak and 138 combat. Again, I'm not exactly an expert on pvp. It would just seem to me that having a familiar before would severely restrict your ability to find fights.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Unable to use Yak while skulled is a better compromise. Kinda hinders those who want to go slaying/skilling after pking or abyss crafting though. Perhaps a combination such as if you are skulled you can no longer use storage scrolls over 20 wild or in the wilderness full stop? Outside wildy you could happily send stuff to your bank when skulled.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

This seems reasonable.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Just a quick message to all the people saying "you only say that because you don't have 96 summoning", we could say the same for you. You are only looking at it from your persepective.

OT:

I don't honestly understand what is wrong with the current system. Familiars give a player a significant advantage, why should it not affect combat levels? I don't really care about people being able to use BoBs etc, but it just seems like a pointless change to a system that works well.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

Hmm, mixed opinions here.

Bout the yak banking. Isn't that what people are already doing now in high lvl wildy fights? Right now it might boost their lvl by 12, but that doesn't really matter much when you are in lvl 45 wilderness... So for high wildy, I don't really see the problem.

Low wildy on the other hand, might change quite a bit. A unicorn might become be a staple for the melee fights you normally see in edge.

I really cannot believe my luck with this update :thumbup: , I can now be the same level as I was one hitting all my level, with a divine(and prayer) and 20 higher hp.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Unable to use Yak while skulled is a better compromise. Kinda hinders those who want to go slaying/skilling after pking or abyss crafting though. Perhaps a combination such as if you are skulled you can no longer use storage scrolls over 20 wild or in the wilderness full stop? Outside wildy you could happily send stuff to your bank when skulled.

Or you could just try dying somehow. Lesse....run up to GW without any items/equipment. Don't pray as you run past the trolls...hell, except for like 138s, you could just let those kill you. I think the best compromise is just no yacks when skulled period.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Why is Winter Storage suddenly a problem when people have been PKing in deep wilderness with Yaks just fine over the past two years? Most people don't even complain about the banking aspect, it's the additional 30 Brews that makes it impossible to kill them before a TB wears off and they lever away...

Why is Winter Storage suddenly a problem when people have been PKing in deep wilderness with Yaks just fine over the past two years? Most people don't even complain about the banking aspect, it's the additional 30 Brews that makes it impossible to kill them before a TB wears off and they lever away...

Because summoning no longer affects your combat.

Did you even read the update, 2011prod?

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.