Summoning in the Wilderness

Logdotzip

The difference is that imp boxes can bank stackable items all at once (ie 2k blood runes) but yaks can't.

Oh, I did not know that, thanks for that. Maybe limit the price of the item past 20-30? Say..2m+? I'm not 100% sure, but that seems good.

Spaz4010.png

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that there's no reason for people not to bring a full BoB full of food and safe even in low lvl wild is going to get annoying. Even if i had a yak fighting someone else with a yak would just be lame, not anything exciting as jagex thinks it's going to be.\

Ugh, all i'm gonna be doing is fighting with a tort full of tails/brews for like 10 minutes against someone else doing the exact same thing.

I'm [bleep]ing mad bro.

ITT: People who have never actually entered the wilderness or have a clue about it, so they write it off by saying everyone who has is a whiny pker.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

ITT: People who have never actually entered the wilderness or have a clue about it, so they write it off by saying everyone who has is a whiny pker.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ITT: People who assume that when somebody disagrees with them, that person is ignorant.

The fact that there's no reason for people not to bring a full BoB full of food and safe even in low lvl wild is going to get annoying. Even if i had a yak fighting someone else with a yak would just be lame, not anything exciting as jagex thinks it's going to be.\

Ugh, all i'm gonna be doing is fighting with a tort full of tails/brews for like 10 minutes against someone else doing the exact same thing.

I'm [bleep]ing mad bro.

It's very easy to get past safing. With chaotic weapons, and claws, it's very easy to deal more damage than the person can heal. PKing is about knocking the other person out before he has a chance to eat his food or run away. It's not about making them use up all their food.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

unicorns only have 1000lp, so anyone depending on their pony for survival is dunzo lol

I'll probably stick to using a wolper since I'd rather have the extra +21% magic damage than 30 extra pieces of food which I don't need. if my opponent uses a yak, it'll be nice if they just fill it with brews, since the more brews they drink, the more their magic def plummets :D

77yLQy8.png

Most of this topic: more scrawny pkers complaining about literally everything.

You mean skillers that have never pked/will never pk that feel the need to enlighten everyone with their ignorance :thumbup:

Okay now.

I'm sick and tired of everyone and their mother using this an a rationalization. First of all, I have PKed. Frankly, I learned that most people on earth are better at it than me. You wanna know why? BECAUSE THEY TOOK THE TIME TO EARN THE DAMN LEVELS FOR THE STUFF THEY WANTED TO DO, and those levels were better than mine. You don't like the fact that a yak can bank stuff in wilderness, despite the fact that summoning is factored into your combat level? (ooh, can't use the herblore argument for this one.) Then that's gonna be your problem. Don't petition to have Jagex change it just because you feel that it's overpowered, because then I'll petition to have Strength nerfed, nerf every single combat familiar, nerf Korasi's, claws, bandos, void, and every other stupid overpowered thing people use to get a kill or stay alive in PvP. And I'll justify it the same stupid way you have - "lol ur a skiller/pker/some other generalization u must be dumb :thumbup: "

Okay, now that I'm done with that...

OT: Probably not going to run into the wilderness with a familiar at all - one more thing that I won't get back if when I get destroyed. Except maybe meerkats, since they're cheap as crap and mildly useful for clues.

And if you're fighting someone who's safing with a yak, you always have the option to.. y'know.... stop fighting? Teleport away? Run with mage prayer on? Safe?

a70c7.png

Anyways felt this warranted a bump.

I notice a lot more Bob's in the Wild, specifically Edgeville now. With the new ability to PJ (Like you used to be able to), seems like the extra healing can come in handy, although Jagex stated you're not supposed to be able to PJ like you currently can.

This may or may not be a good update for Summoning tanks because arguably Summoning tanks won't get good loot now considering their combat range has just dropped 8 - 10 levels.

I'm [bleep]ing mad bro.

It's very easy to get past safing. With chaotic weapons, and claws, it's very easy to deal more damage than the person can heal. PKing is about knocking the other person out before he has a chance to eat his food or run away. It's not about making them use up all their food.

No one my lvl has a dps high enough to just overwhelm anyone with any reasonable defense in gear constantly eating tails or brews. The rate of healing is always faster if they are continuously eating. I know for a fact that it's never happened to me yet, and the only ways i die are through veng combos or when i leave myself at low health to try and KO them and fail.

The reason you wouldn't continuously eat is simply because you're not going to win the fight if you do and you're just wasting time and money doing so and you run out of food. Familiars would get rid of that problem and just make the costs of fights higher because people just bring more gear now.

I just want to know why this happened. What possible reason was there to change the way summoning worked? What was wrong with the old way?

Also, summoning isn't a combat skill anymore in the context of Pvp. Because it doesn't affect your CB lvl that determines who you fight, it might as well just be a non-cb skill now. Of course you can "see" it, but some of the same arguments for herblore still apply. It just isn't as broken as extremes/ovl would have been.

Also i tried it out and my familiar kept stepping on my opponent, making the fights a lot more annoying cuz i had to keep right clicking.

I'm [bleep]ing mad bro.

No one my lvl has a dps high enough to just overwhelm anyone with any reasonable defense in gear constantly eating tails or brews. The rate of healing is always faster if they are continuously eating. I know for a fact that it's never happened to me yet, and the only ways i die are through veng combos or when i leave myself at low health to try and KO them and fail.

The reason you wouldn't continuously eat is simply because you're not going to win the fight if you do and you're just wasting time and money doing so and you run out of food. Familiars would get rid of that problem and just make the costs of fights higher because people just bring more gear now.

I just want to know why this happened. What possible reason was there to change the way summoning worked? What was wrong with the old way?

Also, summoning isn't a combat skill anymore in the context of Pvp. Because it doesn't affect your CB lvl that determines who you fight, it might as well just be a non-cb skill now. Of course you can "see" it, but some of the same arguments for herblore still apply. It just isn't as broken as extremes/ovl would have been.

Also i tried it out and my familiar kept stepping on my opponent, making the fights a lot more annoying cuz i had to keep right clicking.

Noone who is 1v1ing in edge brings a bob, or any familiar for that matter for the same reason noone prays melee through the fight. Because noone will fight them = they get no kills. Fair 1v1 fighting in edge has informal rules, to make fights more fun and stop them just being a case of nobody ever dying. Sure I could bring a yak, 35 brews and 15 sup restores pray melee and eat at 90hp oops I mean 900lp, but if everyone did that noone would ever die and everyone would lose tons of money. Bobs will be mostly used in deep wild pking, where combat level doesn't matter much anyway. Hybrids/rushers in lower level wildy are more likely to use a wolper or uni. tl;dr it hasn't affected edge pking, all it's done has given rusher failbrids in edge a small advantage.

Bbk.png