Bots already?

astro_dude

This discusion has sadly been raging on rs forums for a wile now.

I see some of the same mistakes being made here that I see there.

Argument : - bots never left.

- indeed, they were actually on the rise a bit , a lot of them main account bots. Sadly I know several ppl who botted multiple 99s without punishment.. how ever, the massive amount of goldfarmers, be it bots or sweatshop workers disappeared in 07. These are now back.

If anyone doubts this, I suggest taking a look yourself.

Argument : - bots are not a bad thing.

- before 07 sharks were 450 ea.. not bad for fishers? Same applies to all other gatherer skills.

- The money bought that was gathered this way will be used to buy skills or high level items.. -> unfair competition , higher prices for top level items then they would be without.

Most of all though: THIS IS A DARN GAME... IT SHOULD BE ABOUT PLAYING.....

I'm gonna say 80% of f2p bots WILL get banned. And prolly 20% of p2p bots. I believe the only reason Jagex brought back free trade is to keep themselves from going under. I don't think they are doing as well in the books as they would like to.

w4M8t.png

I presume jagex can deal with the credit card problem now compared to before.

That doesnt mean they need to deal with the bots/sweatshop ingame.

Unfortunately their uber powerful new secret weapon doubtfully exists for bots. It may be improved..but its highly doubtful that it can deal with the rise of rwt. As for sweatshop workers they cant really even deal with those ingame. Being able to allow rwters to do it now compared to before is great for jagex and rwts alike. Sucks for us. (edit: unless you want to rwt and bot that is....)

Be amusing if they do some update that lists a few thousand banned accounts and everyone jumps on that bandwagon quoting it as truth that jagex can deal with the problem. :rolleyes: Their just alot better at pr nowadays. In the past I do believe they held stopping bots as a higher priority than profit but its obvious that their priority is now profit compared to stopping bots. Wiping stats is another example of this and 1 or two articles stating how its great for stopping bots makes everyone believe them despite logic lol. Bot owners are loving it. People who want lowered stats can even bot to achieve otherwise impossible goals. :thumbup: If logic isnt good enough then evidence should be. Check sites or talk to bot owners...

Free trade is great and preferable but all jagex have done is allow rwt while being able to now deal with the past credit card problems and whatever legal issues they were having. Rwting and botting accounts will rise as its alot easier to do with free trade compared to before with restrictions in place. Any idiot can run 10 bots and trade to their main account compared to someone in the past who had to get around restrictions.

I believe they have set it so that the direction of your camera slightly changes every half hour or so... making a afk bot, miss click where it was meant to go.

mr%20monky.png

"We shouldn't wish for easier lives, we should wish to be stronger men"

I believe they have set it so that the direction of your camera slightly changes every half hour or so... making a afk bot, miss click where it was meant to go.

So THAT'S why I can never get my camera to align perfectly!

As to the camera thing, yea that has been going on for a while. Also the minimap changes orientation in relation to your camera. So like if your map is lined up perfectly north, your camera may not be. But to fix all that and get perfect alignment just click on the compass :thumbup: it puts the angle down, but your camera aligns with the minimap and points perfectly north

notthemightiesttreeuj3.png

+-------------------------+

| . . . . Pure F2P . . . .|

| sig8.png |

| 73 74 73 75 70 86 65 80 |

| sig9.png |

| 85 80 80 80 80 80 80 65 |

| Combat: 092 Total: 1235 |

everyone knew free trade comeing back would summon the bots like the undead (no matter how many you kill, more come...)

i am going to 1 item camp green dragons and try to KO as many bots as i can see.

^^

Aren't bots going to drop the prices of items such as dragon bones (theoretically)?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

everyone knew free trade comeing back would summon the bots like the undead (no matter how many you kill, more come...)

i am going to 1 item camp green dragons and try to KO as many bots as i can see.

^^

Aren't bots going to drop the prices of items such as dragon bones (theoretically)?

Bots have been dropping the prices of dragon bones for a while now. But as it stands currently, getting to and from green dragons in the chaos tunnels is a bit more risky. Plus the other green dragons are in the wild, wide open to PKers that prey on 3 iteming bots.

If this effects bone prices or not, we have yet to tell. Some say it will cause them to rise, but predicting the market is hard.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

If you think the slight camera rotations do anything at all to most bots, you have no idea. They've come a long way since the mouce recorder or whatever. Random events are almost useless against bots now too. I've never botted anything on any of my accounts, but I have watched someone use one before, and they power through randoms and look virtually like a real person is played.

Hell there are even bots that are based on AI that actually can undertake conversations.

Bots never left, but yeah, there are a few more now with free trade haha.

i botted mage a while ago (70-82). I got banned twice, both were 10 day bans. It was so not worth it.

Raised my blackmarks to the red zone. I was so careful as to not even say like "dollar" or something stupid to get reported for rwt or other nonsense.

Jagex probably detects constant exp gain (auto alch), clicking on the same coordinates, and doing the same activity for hours and hours on end without talking or doing anything human-like (suicide botting). If someone alches in soul wars for 5 hours straight, they probably will talk to someone or do something else. I don't know anybody that can sit in one spot clicking high alchemy for 5 hours straight, and jagex understands this clearly.

I don't know about you, but I grabbed a few Red Bull's and spamclicked "numpad 5" on my keyboard while chatting on skype / ventrilo...

lot's of people attempt to evade ingame chatting due to its primitive and useless functions... you can't even use mIRC'ish commands in the ClanChats... what does that say about Clan Support etc. from Jagex, huh?

edit: those Red Bull's and approx. 14hours of straight alching was with my Hati-Gloves...

cheap_labour.png

Woohoo........

I don't know about you, but I grabbed a few Red Bull's and spamclicked "numpad 5" on my keyboard while chatting on skype / ventrilo...

lot's of people attempt to evade ingame chatting due to its primitive and useless functions... you can't even use mIRC'ish commands in the ClanChats... what does that say about Clan Support etc. from Jagex, huh?

edit: those Red Bull's and approx. 14hours of straight alching was with my Hati-Gloves...

Yeah, I recall alching for 10+ hours in one day at one point also. Just set mouse-keys and put on a trilogy of a film like LOTR or The Matrix or whatever. Hehe. :thumbsup: