01-Feb-2011 - Behind the Scenes - February

Dexek

Oops

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, any new pics of the new Chaos Elemental?

Im actually SURPRISED this topic hasn't reached like page 10 already. As much as people have been raving about this update...

Predatorsig.png

RSN: Cool Guy878 "D2S" (lost all my friends after a 2 year break, feel free to add me.)

They're all too busy pking.. Considering most of the posting done on these threads is griping aimed at Jagex the people who got what they wanted are now basking in the glory of the wilderness.

Low_C.png

The quest is more interesting to me than anything else, but I'm bummed it's not MOTM5.

Same here

the construction update, for things outside of the POH, was suggested long long ago.

But the update only goes up to lvl 51 cons, and only makes existing shortcuts more convenient.

So, this will probably be neither very useful nor a high level update.

but the one off xp might be good, especially for newer gamers.

Perhaps this is moreso to put some more incentives for many players who just don't bother training construction at all.

The crafting update, goes from lvl 1 to 81.

So, while it makes crafting more useful, it is by no means a high level update.

Crafting will still, essentially, be a skill that's worthless past lvl 80.

Arposandra update will be nice. Not the MOTM5 that was so rumored.

But I guess it's my fault for believing the rumor.

if it werent for that rumor, I'd be pumped for a new gnome quest.

I'm hoping the quest lets us plant more than 1 spirit tree at a time.

Otherwise, the new patch might not be terribly useful.

Demon ashes could be an interesting update.

Jagex makes it sound like it will work for ectofuntus but not altars.

too bad ectoplasm is still slow to collect.

Once upon a time charter boats sold ectoplasm.

I'd love it if jagex would re-implement that, at say, a stock of 20-100 ectoplasm per 24 hours, for the demon update.

assuming that the ashes don't work altar.

if not, at the very least the ashes will provide a nontrivial use for prayer brawlers.

Naaxi.png

Demon ashes I'm guessing won;t work on altars because demons, by their very nature are UNHOLY while an altar is a holy shrine.

Also as for construction being not useful, I think you'd be surprised..

Consider how many times a day (when ur moving around the map) you dart thru an agility shortcut you've gotten used to being there

Then consider how many times you probably run straight past grapple shortcuts (more so than eagles) as if they aren't there because its simply a hassle to get the grapple out.

Spend a few mins putting in these hidey holes and all of a sudden those grapple shortcuts can become a part of your natural routing.

If they do let us plant more than 1 spirit tree at a time tht'll be WIN. Fact they r giving us a patch at what will (hopefully) atleast be a useful new dungeon if not a whole new useful city may bode well even without being able to plant more than 1 (finally a definitvely useful spirit tree poatch?)

Glider network additions plural sounds promising.

Faster access to lleyta i shuld think a bk way out of the gnome city str8 into lleyta, possibly where a new glider spot will be.

Thoose skill urns sound promising too, sure it takes an inventory slot but the bonus amounts sound reasonable for minimal effort in making them. Since they r pottery gotta just be spin n firn it, thou it does say adding the right run, but like runes are in short supply to any mid>high lvl account cept perhaps bloods

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So, any new pics of the new Chaos Elemental?

Im actually SURPRISED this topic hasn't reached like page 10 already. As much as people have been raving about this update...

I've posted a picture on page two, on the "Return of the Wilderness" thread.

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Demon ashes I'm guessing won;t work on altars because demons, by their very nature are UNHOLY while an altar is a holy shrine.

Maybe only if you direct your altar towards Zamorak, then?

How much faster can getting to Lletya be made? We can already teleport right there.

I'm guessing; as it was mentioned in relation to farmers, some form of access that gets you much closer to the tree patch straight away and is more practical to use than a crystal seed tht eats invent space (big issue for efficient farm runs) and requires to be gathered enmass or recharged freqeuntly (which costs and is often easier said than done with them moving about).

I mean people thought there'd never be a faster way than abyss to rc. Then along came altar tele tabs and summoning.

Spirit trees never used to be a viable option for getting around unless u happened to be at gnome palces; then jagex made them directly useable from any tree and dumped one right by ge near alot of good basic "hub" type teleports and all of a sudden spirit trees are a gr8 method for getting to some places.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

What about a Zamorak alter.

Regardless, the ashes update is about making an underused feature more useful, not about lore in any way. And cheapening prayer.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I wonder if ashes people currently have will just remain as normal ashes, or be turned into the lowest level of ashes when the update comes out. :-k

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I wonder if ashes people currently have will just remain as normal ashes, or be turned into the lowest level of ashes when the update comes out. :-k

I would think that wood ashes would be different, and demon ashes would have some sorta appearance difference with an examine like: The unholy ashes of an Infernal Demon. While wood ashes could be like: all that remains of some logs.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

The updates are pretty welcome. Certainly not bad, but it seems like they're kind of beating around the bush here. I would imagine an easier lletya teleport wasn't at the very top of many players' christmas list.

Here's hoping Arposandara is actually useful and enter-able after the quest.

Nope lol it turned into a gnome crystal seed or something, wait another few years for the next quest, okay have fun.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Nope lol it turned into a gnome crystal seed or something, wait another few years for the next quest, okay have fun.

That's Prifddinas...? I don't even think there's anything wrong with Arposandara except for the fact that it's hidden deep below the sewers.

That's Prifddinas...? I don't even think there's anything wrong with Arposandara except for the fact that it's hidden deep below the sewers.

Below? I was under the impression that it was a floating city for some reason...

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

Below? I was under the impression that it was a floating city for some reason...

Arposandra has been performing a massive operation in a canyon range west of Castle Wars. Here it is believed the city is hidden underground. Somehow, the gnomes of Arposandra have begun dangerous manufacturing and experimentation operations involving the Anima Mundi, the life force in all things.

Biological experimentation has resulted in the creation of warped terrorbirds and warped tortoises. These creatures are far more aggressive and powerful than their natural counterparts, and possess side-effects such as additional growths and abilities. Most troubling of these side-effects, however, is the boosted intelligence of the subjects. Terrorbirds subjected to these experiments are capable of human speech, and the mass production of these creatures seems to already be underway.

The city's large manufacturing facilities have produced huge amounts of waste, which takes the form of a sticky, poisonous liquid known to contain explosive chemical compounds. The city has been unable to dispose of this liquid safely, and instead has begun to pump it onto the surface. This waste has collected in southern Isafdar and is referred to by the unknowing elves as the Poison Waste. It has begun to eat away at the forest, and each year the swamp claims more land. It is here that the mourners have falsely claimed that the plague of West Ardougne originated.

:thumbup:

S'gunna be interesting.

I had no idea where it was, past the sewers were there. I thought it was surface, so I was confused as to where it was going. Heh. Underground could work, but I hope it doesn't suck like Keldagrim. Also, we need a floating city.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I would think that wood ashes would be different, and demon ashes would have some sorta appearance difference with an examine like: The unholy ashes of an Infernal Demon. While wood ashes could be like: all that remains of some logs.

I lol at ppl currently hording/collecting ashes in hopes of a quick buck.

The way its described in bts and the way in-game items work its pretty clear:

The item Ashes will be REMOVED from demon drop tables (but left on burnt out fires)

Then demons will be getting brand NEW ash type items to drop.

Theres no logical reason for them to change the existing ash into a new one when it'd just mean they have to remake normal ashes for fm and everything else tht produces ash.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Do people really expect that the ashes they're collecting from logs are going to turn into demonic remains?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000