Is RS Dying?

Freakyhair

Is RuneScape Dying?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel RuneScape is dying?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

Its not dying..... its growing and your to dumb to see that....

its definately not growing in terms of players.Your dumb not to see that..

plus why do you think theyre bring wildy and free trade back?? because it IS dying(in terms of traffic)!

it is growing in terms of players... people are coming back, and people were returning before they re-announced the wild. But they brought back the wild because it was a stupid thing to remove in the first place. that was why people played. when they removed it, people quit yes, but that didn't stop new players from starting up in their place.

Knoll%20Saleh.png

[hide=Drops]Dragon; Dagger:2 Med Helm:1

Barrows;

GWD; Tassey:1 Shard:2 Bandos Hilt:1 Bandos Boots:1

Corp; Arcane Sigil:1[/hide]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

plus why do you think theyre bring wildy and free trade back??

Because they wanted to? Jagex never wanted to remove Free Trade or the Old Wilderness in the first place. They were forced to.

plus why do you think theyre bring wildy and free trade back?? because it IS dying(in terms of traffic)!

it is growing in terms of players... people are coming back, and people were returning before they re-announced the wild. But they brought back the wild because it was a stupid thing to remove in the first place. that was why people played. when they removed it, people quit yes, but that didn't stop new players from starting up in their place.

yeah but thats a temporary publicity blip, plus like i said the fiigures are undeniable, i dont know when they said they were going to return the wil and free trade. but in december they only had 2.5m unique visitors. thats less than they used to get... therefore less players.

whys everyone so argumentative on this forum, i thought RS forums wer bad but there always seems to be at least someone agreeing with you. I don't see how you can think that in general RS is growing, when it is not.

Even if you get 200k online at weekends RS still used to get 300k..

Oh Jebus ... I'm starting to think RuneScape is a phoenix ... it "died" so many times in the last years I can't even count them ... but hey .. it's still running and escaping.

L000l

Run Escape

ilu :thumbsup:

Boeg.png

whys everyone so argumentative on this forum, i thought RS forums wer bad but there always seems to be at least someone agreeing with you. I don't see how you can think that in general RS is growing, when it is not.Even if you get 200k online at weekends RS still used to get 300k..

Because you're wrong.

I have nothing original to say, so I'm just gonna quote people who are saying more or less what I think.

If runescape was going to die, 2007 would've been the one to do it. I and a huge number of others quit when the GE was released and the wildy was stolen from us. I admit, I was close to quitting when the botters started running as rampant as they were, but the updates to quell their surge was what made me decide to part ways. Now that they've rectified those changes and claim to have better anti-botting technologies, it has done nothing but give Runescape a new (ironic. seeing as how they're simply reverting back to the good ol'days) breathe of life.

In essence, if Runescape was going to die, it would've between 2007 and yesterday.

Pre-GE, items didn't fluctuate in price very much because there was no way for people to track the fluctuations. So, if coal stabilized at say 200gp, soon coal=200gp would be fixed in most people's minds. Sellers wouldn't accept less and buyers wouldn't accept more. Therefore prices were resistant to change. The Grand Exchange provided a reliable way to track those tiny fluctuations. People could be certain how much an item was worth and trade at that price. So prices became much more flexible, responding to smaller variations in supply and demand.

tl;dr It's just a natural consequence of having a reliable trader barter for everyone. Everyone can be sure they got the best deal possible at that time, so they didn't have to rely on rules of thumb.

Runescape isn't dying

images-2.jpg

whys everyone so argumentative on this forum, i thought RS forums wer bad but there always seems to be at least someone agreeing with you. I don't see how you can think that in general RS is growing, when it is not.Even if you get 200k online at weekends RS still used to get 300k..

Because you're wrong.

And one more note for that last part: the fact that there's at least someone agreeing with on on RS forums vs here just proves that there are a lot more people there then here. Given a large enough population, you'll find someone who will believe/agree with almost anything.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

whys everyone so argumentative on this forum, i thought RS forums wer bad but there always seems to be at least someone agreeing with you.

58793793.png

This is General Runescape Discussion, not General Runescape Agreeing. :P Points are brought up then discussions emerge where the point is seen from different views.

Also, I've never seen over 250k on at one time. Not a picture or while checking the homepage.

And one more note for that last part: the fact that there's at least someone agreeing with on on RS forums vs here just proves that there are a lot more people there then here. Given a large enough population, you'll find someone who will believe/agree with almost anything.

Yeah but there are less players, RS is getting less traffic, whats there to discuss, there isnt a right or wrong.

Yeah but there are less players, RS is getting less traffic, whats there to discuss, there isnt a right or wrong.

Yes, actually, there IS a right or wrong. "There are less players." This statement is either true, or false. Given the wilde/free trade coming back, this sentence is arguable false since there are more players. "RS is getting less traffic." This is also a true or false statement. Tell me, what is your source for this? I know there have been discussions about google trends on things; however, that simply proves that less people are using google to find it. In an effort to be fair and unbiased, I will not dispute that claim as I have not, on this thread, seen strong arguments for either cause. However, your statement that RuneScape is receiving less unique hits requires a source for it to be a veritable statement.

In all honesty, the argument that RuneScape is dying because of less players and less traffic to RuneScape is a valid argument, because IF there are less players and IF there is less traffic to RuneScape, I believe everyone here would agree with RuneScape is dying. Since it is impossible for the premises (less players on RuneScape, less traffic to RuneScape) to be true and the conclusion (RuneScape is dying) to be false, it's valid. However, I see no evidence supporting your premises. (Note that a valid argument doesn't have to be correct.)

Furthermore, all numbers stated here are almost completely meaningless in a meaningful discussion if there is no proof to back them up. I could easily say that, sometime between the Wilde and Free Trade coming back and now, I saw 250k people online.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

I just think that people that have been playing it are starting to find it boring with a level cap and nothing much new coming out

A, that takes years, B, nex/wilde/free trade is arguable quite a bit of new content lol.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Dang, I ahte this whole proof thing man, like fair you need proof. But not everything needs proof, like can you people not just remmber things and take it like that? my IRL friend uses forums all the time yeah, and he bangs on about proof all the time. Im sorry but sometimes its just like stfu.

Ok so I dont have a pic, but i got linked to a site that had all the unique rs traffic month by month for 4 years, im trying to find it now but its just coming up with car ownership lol. also I know from my own experience and just by looking at the ammount of players on. Right now 200k is quite alot to be fair, maybe i posted this at a bad time.. but trust in like a few weeks im sure itll go back to around 100/150. Can you guys really not remember checking the players online and thinking 'this is a lot lower than what it was?' .

dunno i guess its true tho, no point debating something without any fact or figures..

i dunno does it really not feel like its dying to you guys tho?

Dang, I ahte this whole proof thing man, like fair you need proof. But not everything needs proof, like can you people not just remmber things and take it like that? my IRL friend uses forums all the time yeah, and he bangs on about proof all the time. Im sorry but sometimes its just like stfu.

Ok so I dont have a pic, but i got linked to a site that had all the unique rs traffic month by month for 4 years, im trying to find it now but its just coming up with car ownership lol. also I know from my own experience and just by looking at the ammount of players on. Right now 200k is quite alot to be fair, maybe i posted this at a bad time.. but trust in like a few weeks im sure itll go back to around 100/150. Can you guys really not remember checking the players online and thinking 'this is a lot lower than what it was?' .

dunno i guess its true tho, no point debating something without any fact or figures..

No, actually, it DOESN'T feel like that to me. I DON'T remember checking the players online and thinking "this is a lot lower then what it was." Furthermore, I DON'T remember a time when it was around 100k; the most I can REMEMBER is 150k, at the lowest (and probably not even that.)

Here's a tip: emotions != fact. Emotions lie to you and cause you to make up rationalizations to support what your emotions dictate should be true. It'd be oh-so-very-easy to start losing interest in RS, and translating that into RS is dying. From that, you look at the number of people on, and (with the idea that RS is dying and less people are playing now running about your subconscious) think, "Oh, I remember more people being on when I played." From there, it's a simple matter of some part of your brain turning "I remember more people then this being on" into remembering seeing a larger number on then you see now. Example:

I think RS is dying, because I'm losing interest; others are losing interest. I know this, because a select group of friends thinks this. There must be less people playing RS now. Let's see. There are 180k people on right now. I bet there were more people on when I was playing more. Oh. I "remember" there being 250k people on at peak times.

Furthermore, the fact that no one single person on this thread has agreed with you is much stronger evidence that RS isn't dying then what your own emotions about RS dying. However, I must add that the fact that no one has disagreed with you is really, really, really horrible evidence in and of itself.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

No, actually, it DOESN'T feel like that to me. I DON'T remember checking the players online and thinking "this is a lot lower then what it was." Furthermore, I DON'T remember a time when it was around 100k; the most I can REMEMBER is 150k, at the lowest (and probably not even that.)

Here's a tip: emotions != fact. Emotions lie to you and cause you to make up rationalizations to support what your emotions dictate should be true. It'd be oh-so-very-easy to start losing interest in RS, and translating that into RS is dying. From that, you look at the number of people on, and (with the idea that RS is dying and less people are playing now running about your subconscious) think, "Oh, I remember more people being on when I played." From there, it's a simple matter of some part of your brain turning "I remember more people then this being on" into remembering seeing a larger number on then you see now. Example:

I think RS is dying, because I'm losing interest; others are losing interest. I know this, because a select group of friends thinks this. There must be less people playing RS now. Let's see. There are 180k people on right now. I bet there were more people on when I was playing more. Oh. I "remember" there being 250k people on at peak times.

Furthermore, the fact that no one single person on this thread has agreed with you is much stronger evidence that RS isn't dying then what your own emotions about RS dying. However, I must add that the fact that no one has disagreed with you is really, really, really horrible evidence in and of itself.

Serious question: is it possible for you guys to disagree with what he says but not attack him personally? I thought the OP brought up a good point about how they're quite a few more high levels than in previous months/years. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the OP. But quite frankly I've also seen (negative) changes on these forums, to the point where it's quite difficult to find players maturely discussing something.