WARNING: SCAM EMAIL HAS BEEN SENT

Ts_Stormrage

A massive email just went out, and it LOOKS like it is one from Jagex, but it really isn't...

Saying: "This is an automated email from Jagex Ltd., makers of RuneScape and FunOrb, sent because your account has been compromised by a third party hijacker"

THIS IS FALSE!

It follows with a link that seemingly leads to Jagex's sites, but it leads (mouse-over showed this) to an address based on a belgian server (home dot base dot be slash a whole lotta something - do not try this at home)...

This is what free trade is causing, cuz now everyone that can go on your account can basicly empty your bank into theirs...

There might be many more emails out there, so keep an eye out and be suspicious of everything!

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Those kinds of things have been around for ages. If you follow what Jagex tells you, you're fine. JAGEX DOES NOT EMAIL YOU UNLESS IT'S A RECEIPT FOR MEMBERSHIP/ACCOUNT RECOVERY.

Shows what you know:

Jagex mailed me when wilderness happened, when runefest was happening, etc etc...

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Lol...darn jagex. If only they didn't think updates through, then maybe they'd get rid of all the scammers. Seriously, runescape is always gonna be filled with idiots, that's why I invented 3 simple tips:

1: hide your email- on all sites you use for runescape, hide your email so noone can see it. Chances are, if someone can see it, then a scammer can too

2: public/private chat set to friends only- unless you are expecting someone, it usually isn't good to have them set to anything else

3: don't trust anyone- unless you know them in r/l, anyone you meet online shouldn't be trusted. How do you know if they've been hacked/their accs are being used to scam.

div>

Pretty sure you're not going to get a virus just from opening the link. I did it to see where it redirected to.

Anyway, it was pretty easy to tell it was a fake because my registered e-mail with Jagex is a different address to the one they sent it to.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

If you get a link dealing with runescape from anywhere be leery.. Jagex never has you follow links through email and everything is done on their site with a secure https url.

Edit: checked my email and i have it too lol, looks like i need to remove my email from runescape related sites.

Low_C.png

I got it lol.

But it wasn't as well done as another scam email I got:

It asked me to download "first-person runescape" at multi-upload.com

The thing is, it looks EXACTLY like a jagex email unlike the one the op is talking about.

scamemail.png

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

lol runescape fps

Exactly what I thought, I was like "GF scam"

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

My brother got a email from "Jagex" 2 weeks back. We took one look at it, and we loled. It was to make your account a Moderator. But one mistake, my brother doesn't play RS anymore :P

Trolololo'ed.

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

did anyone else read the title and think thtat this was just a scam thread that mods didnt delete lol

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Will edit after this post :D

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!