WAIT ONE SECOND WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPEND

kingmickez25

Okay so hold up wait a min.

With all these new wildy and blah blah stuff going on i think some of us overlooked something.

So Today is Feb 1st the day wildy came back.

Theres something ironic about this what u ask

i like many people are gonna purchase members today.

KINGMICKEZ25 U NOOB GET TO THE POINT

I bought members and got 28 a days of members = a months subscription

most months have 30 or 31 days so i feel robbed of two days membership.

Kingmickez25 why are u [bleep]ing about two days membership seeing as what today is alot of people are gonna do what i just did

PROFIT WELL PLAYED JAGEX. U MONEY MAKERS

DISCUSS

Great post. I especially liked the part where you added in comma's and periods!

Okay so hold up wait a min.

With all these new wildy and blah blah stuff going on i think some of us overlooked something.

So Today is Feb 1st the day wildy came back.

Theres something ironic about this what u ask

i like many people are gonna purchase members today.

KINGMICKEZ25 U NOOB GET TO THE POINT

I bought members and got 28 a days of members = a months subscription

most months have 30 or 31 days so i feel robbed of two days membership.

Kingmickez25 why are u [bleep]ing about two days membership seeing as what today is alot of people are gonna do what i just did

PROFIT WELL PLAYED JAGEX. U MONEY MAKERS

DISCUSS

Yes, I like commas too.

Castle of Zoltar

Are we really discussing the impact of 2 days of membership? really?

Where is the logic behind giving 31 days of membership one second, 28 days of membership the next second? If you bought a month of membership on the 31st, your membership will last 2-3 days longer than when you would have bought it a day later. Makes no sense.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Wait a second. Is this really how membership works? I thought that it just renewed in 30 day increments or whatever...

What happens if you buy membership in the middle of the month? You only get two weeks? You get 6 weeks?

And I like your use of unnecessary apostrophes!

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Where is the logic behind giving 31 days of membership one second, 28 days of membership the next second? If you bought a month of membership on the 31st, your membership will last 2-3 days longer than when you would have bought it a day later. Makes no sense.

What is the logic of february having only 28 days and sometimes 29 days? The real issue is a loss of about 50 cents in a single month over the year... Not worth crying over IMO.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Wait a second. Is this really how membership works? I thought that it just renewed in 30 day increments or whatever...

What happens if you buy membership in the middle of the month? You only get two weeks? You get 6 weeks?

I don;t get why people find this so confusing or weird.

The entire world works this way.

If you pay £200 rent a month, you still pay the same amount for less time in february.

If you have a contract phone you are billed monthly and free allowances run monthly, which again means less time for feb.

In the entire world of buying things it is FAR more unusual for a monthly payment to relate to a set number of days, instead they run by numerical date.

Phone contract payments for my bill are taken on the 19th of the month every month.

Rent payments go on the first of very month.

Bill (on a fixed tariff) come in on the 20th of every month.

Broadband comes in on the 18th of every month.

They all cost the same amount (assuming don't go over the tariff allowences) regardless of the month of the year.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The real problem is that you can easily abuse the system. If everyone were to cancel their memberships on the 30th and bought it back on the 31st, jagex would lose up to 1% of their total revenue.

The issue seems to be that for people that plan on only playing for one month's members, buying it on the first of the month as a direct result of the wilderness returning, will get 40 cents less worth of membership on average than if the wilderness was released in any other month. That having been said, giving players that would not pay for further month's of membership 2-3 fewer days will make absolutely no difference to the company.

It is most likely a coincidence, and if it is a business plan, it's a ridiculous one - obvious the earlier lots of people buy and maintain membership, the better. It's not like they don't give free membership, merchandise, tickets and so on every now and again anyway.

Although subscription has a potentially higher rate of cancellation than rent after a month, the above examples all work. If you're really that concerned about the money, you might as well only buy membership on months with 31 days >_>

sweepsig.png

The issue seems to be that for people that plan on only playing for one month's members, buying it on the first of the month as a direct result of the wilderness returning, will get 40 cents less worth of membership on average than if the wilderness was released in any other month. That having been said, giving players that would not pay for further month's of membership 2-3 fewer days will make absolutely no difference to the company.

It is most likely a coincidence, and if it is a business plan, it's a ridiculous one - obvious the earlier lots of people buy and maintain membership, the better. It's not like they don't give free membership, merchandise, tickets and so on every now and again anyway.

Although subscription has a potentially higher rate of cancellation than rent after a month, the above examples all work. If you're really that concerned about the money, you might as well only buy membership on months with 31 days >_>

Basically that's what you can do, and win an overall 2% off membership, which just doesn't make sense. In the old days, membership used to always be 30 days, no matter what, which would make more sense for players and jagex.

Basically that's what you can do, and win an overall 2% off membership, which just doesn't make sense. In the old days, membership used to always be 30 days, no matter what, which would make more sense for players and jagex.

Thats a load of crock in all my years of membership I have always gotten 28, 29, 30 or 31 days depending on the month.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It didn't always apply to the other payment methods(like pin, phone, etc), but maybe credit card users. I've never personally used credit cards to pay for members, so this phenom has only bothered me for the last few years, in which i haven't actively been a member, but i'll be sure to abuse the system from now on. To the many saying it's just 50 cents, for some people, members costs up to 25 dollars a month, so don't be stupid and consider just yourself.

It didn't always apply to the other payment methods(like pin, phone, etc), but maybe credit card users. I've never personally used credit cards to pay for members, so this phenom has only bothered me for the last few years, in which i haven't actively been a member, but i'll be sure to abuse the system from now on. To the many saying it's just 50 cents, for some people, members costs up to 25 dollars a month, so don't be stupid and consider just yourself.

If you don't explain this soon, I will consider you a troll.

(Note I don't consider you a troll yet because I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.)

Oh, and this:

If you pay £200 rent a month, you still pay the same amount for less time in february.

If you have a contract phone you are billed monthly and free allowances run monthly, which again means less time for feb.

In the entire world of buying things it is FAR more unusual for a monthly payment to relate to a set number of days, instead they run by numerical date.

Phone contract payments for my bill are taken on the 19th of the month every month.

They all cost the same amount (assuming don't go over the tariff allowences) regardless of the month of the year.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

If you don't explain this soon, I will consider you a troll.

Explain what?

Yea, but Jagex is doing it, which means it must only be Jagex doing it because they are stupid jerk face scam artist poop-heads.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Im going to go search for another part-time job to cover this months increase in membership fee's, damn those sneaky Jagex employees. OT: I still get cheaper membership because I haven't let my account lapse since 2007.

How long does it take to re-earn the senior discount? Should've rebought members for a day or something...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Im going to go search for another part-time job to cover this months increase in membership fee's, damn those sneaky Jagex employees. OT: I still get cheaper membership because I haven't let my account lapse since 2007.

How long does it take to re-earn the senior discount? Should've rebought members for a day or something...

Dunno, i don't think you can. I just know I've left it on my card the whole time so I didn't have to worry about paying more than 5 dollars.

Low_C.png

Dunno, i don't think you can. I just know I've left it on my card the whole time so I didn't have to worry about paying more than 5 dollars.

If I recall u get the discount for being a meber for 1yr+

Plv6Dz6.jpg