www.zackcerny.net

Nadril

Highlighting seems a little overdone in my eyes.

Probably are right. Just gotta debate what isn't as important.

No I'm just kidding looking great, looks like you've progressed very nicely since I last saw your work.

What's going on man, long time no see.

What's going on man, long time no see.

Hey not much. Working and staying busy ;) Possibly looking to brush up again on my rudimentry graphic skills again. I didn't know your from Kansas! I'm in topeka ;)

If it isn't in your veins, you'll never know.

Not really, was about to maybe work on the portfolio part of the layout, maybe get back to this one after some time away from it. Kind of hard to figure out what sort of changes I really want to do.

Could I suggest a gallery layout? I did this a while ago for a school project;

2Aacr.jpg

Now imagine all these images with translucent grey over them - when the mouse goes over they 'lighten' up. A simple rollover.

You could also try a 1 or 2px stroke around the thumbnails when you roll them over.

Are you planning on using lightbox?

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Was thinking about something like this for the portfolio page. Also I think I'm going to mess around with the background more tomorrow or something.

[hide]Kq1rG.jpg[/hide]

Not totally set on how dim I want the non-highlights to be. First image is example of what it'd be hovered over.

Also not sure if I want to spread out the thumbnails or not. I think since they're dimmed they don't really need to be.

Is it going to be a harsh, or gradual illumination of the images?

I'm not sure really. The easiest thing would just be an instant illumination of the image, a gradual I'd probably have to use javascript and might get messy alongside of lightbox javascript.

• 3 weeks later...

Started coding. (bit late, I know).

Right now my issue is getting the text to format correctly while scaling it with the rest of the page. I've got my images and stuff scaling fine but the text is giving me issues. Any good links or anything that would help clear it up?

edit:

http://particletree.com/features/dynamic-resolution-dependent-layouts/

Using this and editing it for my own needs. Going to have a resolution for phones, a "standard" def resolution (like stuff like 1280x1024, 1024x768) and then the "HD" resolution (which will probably end up being most widescreen formats).

Got a bunch of it coded and uploaded.

www.zackcerny.net

Tell me if you're having any issues in any of the browsers. (Any browsers that don't go by the name of IE6). Also it's worth pointing out that I don't have all of the images I want to show yet in the portfolio and the blog is currently not up.

Looking for some feedback on how you guys feel about the fading thing, it was a pretty cool javascript piece I found that was super easy to set up and use. Also I slightly changed up the layout in order to more-easily scale between monitor resolutions. It should work from 1024x768 all the way up to whatever (1920x1080). Hell it almost will work on an 800x467 or so resolution (cell phone) but the first paragraph text goes beyond the "box" a bit.

Also the writing is temporary, I'm going to work on getting it fixed up probably next week. I need a break this week, spent a TON of hours coding. I showed my progress to a bunch of instructors and they all really liked what I had so far, so I'm pretty happy. Especially because a few people in the senior project class got kind of grilled by what they did.

• 1 month later...

Resurrecting this a bit. I moved everything to wordpress now and am just about done. I need to find a way for the sidebar widgets to scale to resolution though... they are really messing with me right now. Do you guys feel the blog layout is fine? I didn't want anything too different, and it should look a bit better once I get some better widgets.