Oh the perils of botting

anonymouse_

Bwahahahaha! Well played. RWTing sites are doing more to discourage people from RWTing than Jagex is. Hope the backstabbery (that's a word, and you know it) continues.

Yeah they dont need to hire chinese goldfarming slaves or have a massive botting operation to get their gold, they just give free bots and steal from the people looking to gain a quick buck/level. I think this is the best method, it punishes rule breakers and bots diminish after they get their gold, GF botters :thumbdown:

Lol. I have an image of Jagex secretly making botting programs to catch botters, then steal the crap from their acc.

Holy crap. A thought.

That is actually bloody ingenious.

Another thought. They wouldn't necessarily need to steal their items, but rather catch these people a lot.

Hmm. Being caught too much might get suspicion. Maybe a combination of being caught and somehow leaking their password? 'o.O

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, if I had my own game, I'd release malicious bots for my own game on the side just to rub it in the faces of the people who use them. You wouldn't even have to "catch" them, all you have to do is keep metaphorically slapping them in the face for their own stupidity every 3 months or so.

The best part is that you could pretty much do this over and over without anybody actually catching on because people who bot using programs that they don't understand are exactly the kind of people who continue to fall for the same trick.

8f14270694.jpg

The most popular free bot client collected and stored every user's login details, resulting in a lot of accounts having their banks cleaned shortly after the free trade update. If someone you know had their banks cleaned recently, they were probably using these bots. The bot site was since taken down by the owners, coincidentally also the owners of one of the biggest rwt sites. So if you've noticed a large drop in the number of bots recently, this is why. Fun stuff :thumbup: :thumbup:

The site wasn't taken down. It is being DDoSed. One of the admins left and started a new botting site due to a lack of pay from the first site. They are both in a DDoS battle to try and steal each other's traffic.

Also, it is still unknown who specifically cleaned the accounts. There are multiple admins, no one knows who to trust.

There are many different stories floating around now. Some say one of the admins that made scripts did it before he left (like n64jive also said) and then started another botting site and that now the two are ddosing each other. Then there's another story that says the client itself was altered when the site was hacked a while ago, and the admins are blaming it on the former admin just to cover their asses...etc etc.

The most popular free bot client collected and stored every user's login details, resulting in a lot of accounts having their banks cleaned shortly after the free trade update. If someone you know had their banks cleaned recently, they were probably using these bots. The bot site was since taken down by the owners, coincidentally also the owners of one of the biggest rwt sites. So if you've noticed a large drop in the number of bots recently, this is why. Fun stuff :thumbup: :thumbup:

The site wasn't taken down. It is being DDoSed. One of the admins left and started a new botting site due to a lack of pay from the first site. They are both in a DDoS battle to try and steal each other's traffic.

Also, it is still unknown who specifically cleaned the accounts. There are multiple admins, no one knows who to trust.

There are many different stories floating around now. Some say one of the admins that made scripts did it before he left (like n64jive also said) and then started another botting site and that now the two are ddosing each other. Then there's another story that says the client itself was altered when the site was hacked a while ago, and the admins are blaming it on the former admin just to cover their asses...etc etc.

Either way, this just goes to prove that crime never pays :thumbup: (Unless you're some sort of bot site admin :rolleyes: )

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Either way, this just goes to prove that crime never pays :thumbup: (Unless you're some sort of bot site admin :rolleyes: )

The admins haven't won, tbh. No one trusts them at all, the other sites are getting all their users and now they have practically no members to play with. Good luck to them for not being banned for account hijacking, either. It must be somewhat obvious to Jagex when 40 accounts log in from the same IP address(es) and transfer such huge amounts of gold.

I really do hope they get everything they deserve. I can understand why people bot, and honestly i don't think any less of them for it (some people don't enjoy the grinding aspects of the game, which is something i can definitely relate to, just because they are willing to risk their account to avoid it doesn't make me feel cheated). However hackers are the lowest of the low, especially since they hacked the people that have probably made them a lot of money and given them a fair amount of success.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

War of the Botters. Powerbot Vs Rs buddy The explanation.

Currently in the runescape botting world there is a crisis. Accounts are being hacked, valuables are being lost.

Many people are wondering WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED? WHY DID THIS GO TO [cabbage] SO QUICKLY? and i have answers.

I have been taking part in this project over the last few months, i have now looked at the consequences of what i have done and have

realised that its not worth it anymore.

Heres how it started

This has been planed out months ago, we started to talk about it in may 2010 but only started working on it in July.

The two main Developers of the project were fed up with the powerbot community, Jacmob was having arguments with Paris about how the

site was going downhill, there was too many botters and not enough contributers. Jacmob was fed up with this and decided to try and

buy out powerbot. The amount that jacmob offered was high but paris would just not take it, this led to arguments within the staff

and the replacement of many staff members. Jacmob decided to stay on as the developer, but always intended to resign sometime

within the next 6 months. Soon after this, the old RSBot.org domain was bought out by jagex which led to more arguments within the

staff. During this time Rsbot2 was being developed. Many of the staff took 2 sides, Most with Paris and the others with Jacmob (Arbiter & Toshi). The Project was started soon after this, originally it was started only to piss of Paris and show that the website would be nothing without them, however soon after this other factors came into play, such as member numbers, Monopoly of the botting industry & soon after that money. The project was originally very small with only about 15 people who knew what was going on, throughout this time they just did what they normally did on Powerbot, but other times they were creating a website & another Botting client. We launched the website on a private domain and soon after that we started to test the new client everything was working and was great, but soon after this we ran into a large problem, because our client is not open sourced to form some sort of protection for the client (From the jagex lawyers) & to make sure no one could edit our client (Sabotage) we had to create a Company (Company's have legal rights and immunities against certain laws), thus Automaton Software Ltd was born, the only problem we had now was the actual cost of registering the company. The company is registered in Germany for many reasons, the main one is that we would have certain immunity to many laws mainly because we could licence our software as freedom of speech. The costs of hosting the domain & licencing the company was going to cost thousands of Euro's to set up, we had already gone past our original budget and were using our own money to fund the project. We now had to think outside the box to come up with funding solutions, arbiters scripts were making money, but not nearly enough to fund the whole project, soon after this we came up with an idea which would tear the botting community appart. Arbiter is well known for his scripts, the best thing was that people couldn't see the source code of the scripts, so we could put anything we wanted into them and no one would ever know. we started to code a key logger which would take the Rsbots account data, decode it & send it to us via email's. This was reletivly easy because jacmob (Being the coder) knew how to decode the files, we planed on hacking everyones account and collecting all the gold & items and selling the accounts to gold selling websites (As this was before the announcement of free trade came). We actually started taking passwords in early December but due to a number

of issues (With the licencing & the company) we were forced to wait till early January to start our operation, which worked out perfectly for us. On December 24th the announcement on free trade came, we knew this would work to our advantage so we decided to wait till free trade came back. Our estimates were that we could collect about 40 Billion GP which sold for 50c (Usd) a mil we could

get about $20,000 American dollars, which would fund our site for the next few years. In doing this we also decided that it was far

too risky to do the collection of GP ourself's, Paris was an old hacker who knew how to backtrack ip's and could easily screw us all

over, we also didn't want our ip's to be traced by the government or by jagex (Both would end in a lawsuit against us) so we decided

to hire some kids who would do the work for us, in return we would give them cash + all the GP they wanted this is how gh0st got

involved. Gh0st was not a hacker, he was a leecher who was trying to learn how to hack, the perfect disguise... We literally got gh0st (Some 14 year old kid) to do all the transferring for us (We also hired some others but gh0st was the main one) all he did was create accounts and transfer the GP onto them. The other part of the deal we had with him was to say that he had done all the hacking and to take all the credit, Luckily he was quite good with photoshop and created some pretty good pictures of the account lists.

We gave him all the logs of passwords on the day before free trade and let him get to work. The next thing that came was the

advertising of our own site and trying to take there members, we made many ad's on the powerbot site to come to our new better client

and on the Rsbot Twitter. Eventualy we were Ip banned of Powerbot and couldnt access the Twitter, this was when we started DDosing

Thier site. We all used Rdos to ping there site till there was nothing left, what we didnt expect was them DDosing us back. This lead

to the dossing war which is continuing right now. we have taken down their site, Ours is still up but is very slow to load. This

is where the story ends... For now

You might think this is [cabbage], think what you want, i have given an explanation to the current events to the best of my knowledge.

******* client is a real client and dose not steal your password, we are thinking of turning it into somthing simmilar to RSbots.net.

ArbiBots scripts were the ones that stole your passwords. ******* dosent steal your password, i think.

We have currently collected 19 Billion Gp and we have gone through 3500/14000 accounts. This is the new age of botting.

Found that somewhere, if its any interest to anyone.

We have currently collected 19 Billion Gp and we have gone through 3500/14000 accounts. This is the new age of botting.

HOLY CABBAGE BATMAN! They're still only 25% done and are already at 19B?!?!? At that pace they're going to be at 75B by the end of this ordeal.

I'm no expert, but couldn't jagex look for any level 3 accounts that magicly received a 2B 'donation'? The article said that the guy made the accounts recently so there wouldn't be that many accounts to look through. I say, Jagex lets them hack every single account, then bans all of the mules and lets that 75B GP dissapear into thin air. Oh, and then sues that 14 year old kid :twisted:

EDIT: I found this online and it seems to have been written from the other side's perspective.

The Free Trade Hacking Massacre

In late December 2010 Jacmob and Arbiter decided to acquire [sITE] by force. Not content with the modest profits from selling scripts, their intention was to close the [bOT] source code and make it pay-only with prohibitively expensive prices similar to the [bOT] business model. I disagreed with their plans and shortly afterwards they left.

Before leaving, Jacmob deviously switched the download link on the site to a version of [bOT] that was infected with a password stealer. Having conspired with Arbiter to ruin the reputation of the site they intended to mass-hack accounts when RuneScape reintroduced free-trade.

Since many of our users still compile their own [bOT] with SVN, Arbiter infected all his paid scripts with the same password stealer effectively conning his own customers. Arbiter has been using the aliases Gh0$t, NoEffex, Blackbone and others with a group of friends to coordinate this criminal operation.

To make matters worse, Arbiter created a closed-source fork of [bOT] which was infected with a botnet. Anyone who innocently ran his bot would have been part of a large network of compromised computers which he used to launch a DDoS attack on [sITE].

We deeply regret not being able to detect the breach of our systems sooner. We will make every endeavour to tighten our security to prevent similar incidents. We have also upgraded our infrastructure with state of the art equipment and hardware firewalls to prevent DDoS attacks from causing too much downtime.

Arbiter has vowed to hack us again and will make every attempt to do so. Please be weary of his lies and threats. To date he has made thousands of dollars from his hacking activity.

Please make sure you continue to dispute all payments ever made to Arbiter or [bOT] on PayPal.

Arbiters personal details have been obtained and are being passed onto lawyers representing Jagex. When they have confirmed to us that they have begun their legal proceedings, we will make a full disclosure on this information which includes tax registration documents, home address, telephone number, IP addresses, screenshots, pictures and more.

We thank you for staying with the largest RuneScape cheating community in existence and helping us to achieve unprecedented growth every month.

Last edited by Paris; Today at 08:11 PM.

******* dosent steal your password, i think.

Not exactly the most reassuring thing to end with.

I also enjoy that two sites who's sole intentions are illegally cheating in a video game are both trying to come off as 'more credible' than the other.

HOLY CABBAGE BATMAN! They're still only 25% done and are already at 19B?!?!? At that pace they're going to be at 75B by the end of this ordeal.

I'm no expert, but couldn't jagex look for any level 3 accounts that magicly received a 2B 'donation'? The article said that the guy made the accounts recently so there wouldn't be that many accounts to look through. I say, Jagex lets them hack every single account, then bans all of the mules and lets that 75B GP dissapear into thin air. Oh, and then sues that 14 year old kid :twisted:

EDIT: I found this online and it seems to have been written from the other side's perspective.

The Free Trade Hacking Massacre

In late December 2010 Jacmob and Arbiter decided to acquire [sITE] by force. Not content with the modest profits from selling scripts, their intention was to close the [bOT] source code and make it pay-only with prohibitively expensive prices similar to the [bOT] business model. I disagreed with their plans and shortly afterwards they left.

Before leaving, Jacmob deviously switched the download link on the site to a version of [bOT] that was infected with a password stealer. Having conspired with Arbiter to ruin the reputation of the site they intended to mass-hack accounts when RuneScape reintroduced free-trade.

Since many of our users still compile their own [bOT] with SVN, Arbiter infected all his paid scripts with the same password stealer effectively conning his own customers. Arbiter has been using the aliases Gh0$t, NoEffex, Blackbone and others with a group of friends to coordinate this criminal operation.

To make matters worse, Arbiter created a closed-source fork of [bOT] which was infected with a botnet. Anyone who innocently ran his bot would have been part of a large network of compromised computers which he used to launch a DDoS attack on [sITE].

We deeply regret not being able to detect the breach of our systems sooner. We will make every endeavour to tighten our security to prevent similar incidents. We have also upgraded our infrastructure with state of the art equipment and hardware firewalls to prevent DDoS attacks from causing too much downtime.

Arbiter has vowed to hack us again and will make every attempt to do so. Please be weary of his lies and threats. To date he has made thousands of dollars from his hacking activity.

Please make sure you continue to dispute all payments ever made to Arbiter or [bOT] on PayPal.

Arbiters personal details have been obtained and are being passed onto lawyers representing Jagex. When they have confirmed to us that they have begun their legal proceedings, we will make a full disclosure on this information which includes tax registration documents, home address, telephone number, IP addresses, screenshots, pictures and more.

We thank you for staying with the largest RuneScape cheating community in existence and helping us to achieve unprecedented growth every month.

Last edited by Paris; Today at 08:11 PM.

The only interesting thing to me was that Jagex is taking legal action against the guy who stole all those passwords.

Assuming that statement is true, I would like to see what kind of punishment, if any, he receives.

4e0Vn.png

I have no pity for either side of those bot company stories. Them and the people who got hacked all get what they deserve.

And the best part about it? Jagex didn't have to do anything, but sit back and let karma bite their backsides. :rolleyes:

The only interesting thing to me was that Jagex is taking legal action against the guy who stole all those passwords.

Assuming that statement is true, I would like to see what kind of punishment, if any, he receives.

It didn't say that Jagex is for sure taking legal action. They said that they have made Jagex aware of the situation and are willing to give all the information after they officially start an investigation. So at this point I'm sure Jagex's lawyers are going over all the information they can find to determine whether or not they have a legal case, then they'll ask the 'legit' botters for the in depth info. I really hope that Jagex goes after these people hard, not just the hacker but also the original bot site. If they agree to give Jagex their record to go after the hacker, hopefully Jagex finds something in there to incriminate the botters as well.

I really hope we are informed about the proceedings in this case, I want to know how it turns out.

Thieves fighting among thieves. Amusing.

This won't end well for anyone except Jagex - and the players who play legitimately.

On the subject of botting, some friends of mine conducted an experiment to see how long it would take for them to get caught. One bot took 5 months to be banned. I don't think it was ever reported because she interacted with other players while botting. Another one tried raising a set of 4 combat bots, 3 of those got banned within a month of creation. All were reported. The last one wasn't touched and likely slipped from the company's attention. All these done through free bots and on separate computers - for security. I daresay the last one standing is likely on that list of 14,000 accounts to be hacked.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

About time, always been telling people who bot that this'll happen.

@Stril: maybe they're trying to talk them out of all the money they're making.

troll

or maybe a merger!

/troll

That said, my quest for 92 prayer has been interrupted by the spike in bone prices.

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

About time, always been telling people who bot that this'll happen.

@Stril: maybe they're trying to talk them out of all the money they're making.

troll

or maybe a merger!

/troll

That said, my quest for 92 prayer has been interrupted by the spike in bone prices.

To be honest that's as much players being scared of going into the wildy to kill green drags as the drop in botting

War of the Botters. Powerbot Vs Rs buddy The explanation.

Currently in the runescape botting world there is a crisis. Accounts are being hacked, valuables are being lost.

Many people are wondering WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED? WHY DID THIS GO TO [cabbage] SO QUICKLY? and i have answers.

I have been taking part in this project over the last few months, i have now looked at the consequences of what i have done and have

realised that its not worth it anymore.

Heres how it started

This has been planed out months ago, we started to talk about it in may 2010 but only started working on it in July.

The two main Developers of the project were fed up with the powerbot community, Jacmob was having arguments with Paris about how the

site was going downhill, there was too many botters and not enough contributers. Jacmob was fed up with this and decided to try and

buy out powerbot. The amount that jacmob offered was high but paris would just not take it, this led to arguments within the staff

and the replacement of many staff members. Jacmob decided to stay on as the developer, but always intended to resign sometime

within the next 6 months. Soon after this, the old RSBot.org domain was bought out by jagex which led to more arguments within the

staff. During this time Rsbot2 was being developed. Many of the staff took 2 sides, Most with Paris and the others with Jacmob (Arbiter & Toshi). The Project was started soon after this, originally it was started only to piss of Paris and show that the website would be nothing without them, however soon after this other factors came into play, such as member numbers, Monopoly of the botting industry & soon after that money. The project was originally very small with only about 15 people who knew what was going on, throughout this time they just did what they normally did on Powerbot, but other times they were creating a website & another Botting client. We launched the website on a private domain and soon after that we started to test the new client everything was working and was great, but soon after this we ran into a large problem, because our client is not open sourced to form some sort of protection for the client (From the jagex lawyers) & to make sure no one could edit our client (Sabotage) we had to create a Company (Company's have legal rights and immunities against certain laws), thus Automaton Software Ltd was born, the only problem we had now was the actual cost of registering the company. The company is registered in Germany for many reasons, the main one is that we would have certain immunity to many laws mainly because we could licence our software as freedom of speech. The costs of hosting the domain & licencing the company was going to cost thousands of Euro's to set up, we had already gone past our original budget and were using our own money to fund the project. We now had to think outside the box to come up with funding solutions, arbiters scripts were making money, but not nearly enough to fund the whole project, soon after this we came up with an idea which would tear the botting community appart. Arbiter is well known for his scripts, the best thing was that people couldn't see the source code of the scripts, so we could put anything we wanted into them and no one would ever know. we started to code a key logger which would take the Rsbots account data, decode it & send it to us via email's. This was reletivly easy because jacmob (Being the coder) knew how to decode the files, we planed on hacking everyones account and collecting all the gold & items and selling the accounts to gold selling websites (As this was before the announcement of free trade came). We actually started taking passwords in early December but due to a number

of issues (With the licencing & the company) we were forced to wait till early January to start our operation, which worked out perfectly for us. On December 24th the announcement on free trade came, we knew this would work to our advantage so we decided to wait till free trade came back. Our estimates were that we could collect about 40 Billion GP which sold for 50c (Usd) a mil we could

get about $20,000 American dollars, which would fund our site for the next few years. In doing this we also decided that it was far

too risky to do the collection of GP ourself's, Paris was an old hacker who knew how to backtrack ip's and could easily screw us all

over, we also didn't want our ip's to be traced by the government or by jagex (Both would end in a lawsuit against us) so we decided

to hire some kids who would do the work for us, in return we would give them cash + all the GP they wanted this is how gh0st got

involved. Gh0st was not a hacker, he was a leecher who was trying to learn how to hack, the perfect disguise... We literally got gh0st (Some 14 year old kid) to do all the transferring for us (We also hired some others but gh0st was the main one) all he did was create accounts and transfer the GP onto them. The other part of the deal we had with him was to say that he had done all the hacking and to take all the credit, Luckily he was quite good with photoshop and created some pretty good pictures of the account lists.

We gave him all the logs of passwords on the day before free trade and let him get to work. The next thing that came was the

advertising of our own site and trying to take there members, we made many ad's on the powerbot site to come to our new better client

and on the Rsbot Twitter. Eventualy we were Ip banned of Powerbot and couldnt access the Twitter, this was when we started DDosing

Thier site. We all used Rdos to ping there site till there was nothing left, what we didnt expect was them DDosing us back. This lead

to the dossing war which is continuing right now. we have taken down their site, Ours is still up but is very slow to load. This

is where the story ends... For now

You might think this is [cabbage], think what you want, i have given an explanation to the current events to the best of my knowledge.

******* client is a real client and dose not steal your password, we are thinking of turning it into somthing simmilar to RSbots.net.

ArbiBots scripts were the ones that stole your passwords. ******* dosent steal your password, i think.

Found that somewhere, if its any interest to anyone.

Tealdeer.gif

I still find this entire incident hilarious. Cheating just aint worth it kiddies :thumbup:

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

That's awesome; it serves them right!

Reminds me of one of my favorite moments on COPS when a lady called the police because she gave a woman 20 dollars for some crack and the person took the money and gave her no drugs. :rolleyes:

This is akin to lawyers suing each other.

Makes them feel all warm and fuzzy but in the end they only damages each other.

But here at least you don't have to hope for a shark to swim by, the botters and bot makers are destroying each other far better and faster than we ever could.

You only get one chance to live your life....

But, endless opportunities to screw it up.

PioNMax2.png

Pio "But your honor, he deserved killin "

Judge " Fair nuff, the defendant is free to go"

Yep, RSbot got hacked by 2 of the co owners ("arbiter" and someone else), and the true owner ("paris") is trying to protect and scavenge the remains of the website.

Lolz all around.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

I do think it's not bad the problem solves itself.

But on the other hand the botters just do what others do all the time in RS.

I've been fishing in Catherby for the last 30mins because I'm close to level and it's just insane how many fish bots there are.

Ranging from L3 CB to 136 CB. If you see the same bots day after day, I can imagine the younger ones start wondering why

they would do all the efforts if others don't. If programmers (these guys must be adults, can't imagine a 12y old kid develops botting strings in Java tbh)

scam the kids for their money they should become the main target to focus on.

It's like junkies and dealers. The cops try to get rid off both, but they focus on dealers most, because that's the most dangerous group.

I hope Jagex will ever take decent steps against botters (and developers) because I get annoyed by all the bots...

They expect us to report suspicious behaviour but even the most obvious ones don't get banned. I don't get it...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)