Oh the perils of botting

anonymouse_

stuff like that always ends with 12 year olds ddosing eachother.

>Implying 12 year olds can ddos.

But yeah, I lol so hard at people who first bot then get hacked by the bot suppliers. :D

Anything with the ability to read google can in fact DoS, perhaps not DDoS although I'm sure some have.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both stories sound like complete crap, Jacmob's sounds a lot worse though I won't lie. "Yea we hacked you all for your personal gain, so please come to our site we wont hack you. I think."

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

I do think it's not bad the problem solves itself.

But on the other hand the botters just do what others do all the time in RS.

I've been fishing in Catherby for the last 30mins because I'm close to level and it's just insane how many fish bots there are.

Ranging from L3 CB to 136 CB. If you see the same bots day after day, I can imagine the younger ones start wondering why

they would do all the efforts if others don't. If programmers (these guys must be adults, can't imagine a 12y old kid develops botting strings in Java tbh)

scam the kids for their money they should become the main target to focus on.

It's like junkies and dealers. The cops try to get rid off both, but they focus on dealers most, because that's the most dangerous group.

I hope Jagex will ever take decent steps against botters (and developers) because I get annoyed by all the bots...

They expect us to report suspicious behaviour but even the most obvious ones don't get banned. I don't get it...

That's not why they focus on dealers. They focus on dealers because the junkies are what profit them... 80% of all police revenue is off busting junkies, fining them, and then releasing them back to the "wild", and harvesting them again. It's actually one of the main reasons marijuana's still illegal. Do your research before you open your mouth, kid.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

I've been fishing in Catherby for the last 30mins because I'm close to level and it's just insane how many fish bots there are.

Ranging from L3 CB to 136 CB. If you see the same bots day after day, I can imagine the younger ones start wondering why

they would do all the efforts if others don't. If programmers (these guys must be adults, can't imagine a 12y old kid develops botting strings in Java tbh)

It's like junkies and dealers. The cops try to get rid off both, but they focus on dealers most, because that's the most dangerous group.

I hope Jagex will ever take decent steps against botters (and developers) because I get annoyed by all the bots...

They expect us to report suspicious behaviour but even the most obvious ones don't get banned. I don't get it...

That's not why they focus on dealers. They focus on dealers because the junkies are what profit them... 80% of all police revenue is off busting junkies, fining them, and then releasing them back to the "wild", and harvesting them again. It's actually one of the main reasons marijuana's still illegal. Do your research before you open your mouth, kid.

And on that note I would like to see a source for that little 'statistic' you left there.

And on that note I would like to see a source for that little 'statistic' you left there.

Wikipedia.org Keyword- "marijuana"

GG no re.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_(drug)#Legal_status

EDIT: Tif breaks the link, but anyway go to the legal status section of that article.

Many jurisdictions have lessened the penalties for possession of small quantities of cannabis, so that it is punished by confiscation and sometimes a fine, rather than imprisonment, focusing more on those who traffic the drug on the black market.

So essentially the link you sent me to proved you wrong. Yes, they fine the junkies but they focus on the dealers. And NOWHERE does it mention anything about police 'revenue'.

Anyway back on topic...

Has anyone heard any news lately? From what I can tell, the hacking is still going strong but that may have to do more with the phishing scams out there then this actual bot thing. I'm sure that anyone who used that bot who read the posts has long since changed their passwords.

Why would it? Police revenues rely on censorship of their methods..

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

I haven't really been following the situation lately because of midterms and such, but I believe the bots are back up and the ddos attacks subsided.

I'm guessing your runecrafting experience will be coming to a halt.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:thumbup:

I lied, I stopped rcing for a few days to use up some charms but went back to making nats after that. Right now I'm gunning for top 1k rank. Like I said before I don't bot, but haters gonna hate :thumbup:

I haven't really been following the situation lately because of midterms and such, but I believe the bots are back up and the ddos attacks subsided.

I'm guessing your runecrafting experience will be coming to a halt.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:thumbup:

I lied, I stopped rcing for a few days to use up some charms but went back to making nats after that. Right now I'm gunning for top 1k rank. Like I said before I don't bot, but haters gonna hate :thumbup:

People are stupid like that.

Amitoz.png

I never once said you botted, don't get so defensive. :thumbup:

I'm not defensive, but that was clearly implied. Not that I care what some random thinks on a game forum anyways.

Then why are you posting a response to him? Trololololo

Because I made this thread and hence I feel some sense of commitment to it. Just how I'm replying to your pointless post.