Don't trust RS friends

Pinata

Here is a warning to all of you.

Don't lend items to a good RS friend until log out and go into the wild, and help them make a vid.

Why? Because they'll use the item you lended them (like use "item" --> "your username" and then d-claws spec you, while your skulled.

Free-trade is really getting to me.

Edit: a mod should make a sticky about avoiding these new scams, such as the ice plateau teleport scam, show expensive items on a poh table then kick every1 out of the house, etc. more will probably be discovered later. idk how the show your inventory one works tho.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Hey, as this is more of a rant, I'm going to move it to the rants forum. If you have any problem with that private message myself.

Also, I was under the impression that you couldn't take lent items into the wilderness.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

You can take them into the wilderness, but they'll unequip and go to your inventory, and if your inventory is full the lent item goes to the bank, and if your bank is full the lent item goes back to the owner.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Ah, I see. That really sucks. Some people in RuneScape can be real jerks. Jagex need to fix that, they should've foreseen it happening. There was almost nothing you could've done to prevent that from happening. :s

Hopefully enough people will see this thread so it doesn't happen to them

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

ouch, good thing my net sucks to much to lend things til log lol, ill keep an eye out for this? you say u have spotted more bugs as well? how could they not see this coming?

[hide=Stats & Goals]

teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

[/hide]

Feel Free To Add Me In Game I Love Talking To Anyone| Void Knight Justicar

99s In Order of Achievement: Fletching, Strength, Cooking]

I heard about this happening before.

Kids, don't head to the Wildy with your items lent out. Or if you intend to do so, lend on a time-basis.

Or better yet, don't lend out items at all.

You never know when you may need to use it later, only to know you are still lending said item.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I've made friends in RS that I've never seen or met face to face. The closest contact I've had with any of them is through Vent or phone.

I haven't had members in about 3 months, and I haven't seriously played the game in over 2 years. I get on vent every once in a while, but getting on last night, I decided to log in and check out the duel arena/wilderness since it had been a while since i have played... and i mean, come on! the wild is back!

I got on, got into vent, was talking for a few minutes. I was offered a membership card pin for free. just for the heck of it. then I got on and gave one of my friends my SoL that i had in my bank from my last membership.

All of this happened because I know I can trust these guys/girls.

Trustworthy RS friends can be found, its just a matter of where, and how willing you are to make the effort to see if they really are trustworthy.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

I think there is a possibility that a good friend just stole something from me.

I gave my friend my purple partyhat last night to go take a forum picture with. She was my favorite person on the world wide web, we got along very well. She didn't play runescape too much either, we mostly chatted on msn. She was mature, and we talked about everything to do with our lives and she helped me through some tough times and vice versa through the last year.

So I handed her my purple and she went to go get the picture, then she complained that her internet was dieing (actually this happens a lot to her, she can often be gone for days). And said she was rushing back to me. I later looked on the forums and discovered that she had been on at least 30 minutes after taking that picture. It sure didn't seem like 30 minutes to me before she lost connection. She claimed that she had the phat for awhile, and had other rares (I only know of her blue mask that I sold to her long ago). She is the type to tell little lies for kicks sometimes though. She was also on forums earlier today, but I've been in the lobby all day waiting for her ( purple phat went up like 80m+ today, and really want to sell for profit) and she never got on. Maybe she is on some kind of mobile device to post on the forums, but she'd have to use the same internet connection right?

If she did steal from me at least I know her true nature, and I'll probably quit runescape if that is the case. There are better things out there at 21 years old. It just would amaze me if she really did end up keeping it, after all the things we shared..

It's still very possible that she will get on and return it, just needed to rant at the possibility.

I have trusted another friend with my 800M cash pile and he gave it right back, though I knew him for 4 years.

Before free trade was pulled out, I had an rs "friend" steal my first whip from me. I worked very hard for that whip since I was still new to the game then, only to have this person take it from me and never return it. Everytime that I've encountered him since, asking for it back, he would come up with a wild story to cover his tail and even though he still had the whip on him, he would not return back what was rightfully mine.

From that day forth, I've learned to trust practically no one, but I also have (much later on) made RS friends that I now know through Xbox Live, Facebook, and even MSN. I would actually trust them - knowing who they past what runescape allows you to know about a person on just the game itself.

I guess my advice to you is to know your true friends. I believe that backstabbers like that friend of yours, will eventually be punished for what he did. Oh, Karma. <3:

Sir_Sibz.png

Sir_Sibz.png

45f0d8e6a6.png

BlogSignature-March11.png