Your take on DIY?

99PureBroski

Kinda DIY still makes sense even if you do have billions, as I do from playing so long and collecting rares from when they were first dropped.

Inefficiency has its perks for those who enjoy an extra challenge or just want to mix things up. In fact, it's quite common across other games. Final Fantasy: beat the game at the lowest possible level you can. Zelda: beat the game with only three hearts. The beauty behind video games is that they have such a great potential to be recreational that there is no "right way" to play them. Hell, you can even play Pacman by trying to survive as long as you can while eating as few dots as you can. If it's fun for you, it's fun for you.

Yes, that is what I enjoy. It does have a lot of drawbacks - because my combat level is high players always expect me to use the best. I still remember how annoyed I was when some nerd ranted at me for 5 minutes for being "a sad high level" because I was using DIY'ing with my own arrows in p2p.

I mean I actually took the trouble to

- mine the ores

- smith the arrowheads

- woodcut the regular trees

- fletch the logs

- make the arrows

It took forever! I was just trying to challenge myself but of course so many players worship at the altar of efficiency that it offends them when someone does something different.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering, do you DIY'ers allow yourselves to PK?

I mean you got tons of dboots lying around and probably mystic/rune sets, this could open up a new opportunity for you to get some items (namely barrows, runes, etc.)

Staurolite.png

I withdraw the money I earned myself from miscellania from the bank all by myself. I walk to the grand exchange myself. I open the exchange tab myself. I enter the thing I want to buy myself. I click it myself. I offer 50k cause I can't be bothered to wait, myself. I take the item myself.

DIY enough?

But in all seriousness, there are some times where you realise that you can have more fun when you don't have to do everything yourself. Now I have to get 99 fishing to make back the 40m I lost. I have no other logical choice and I have already started to get it and I refuse to let myself give up on a long term project such as this lest I fall into a state of permenant bankruptcy and become unable to do things that make the game worth playing. You have already spent time obtaining the money, why spend extra time not using it?

Money is there for a reason.

you seem mad ;p

but speak for yourself brah, there are no times i;d rather trade over diy'ing.

if i traded, i'd straight up be bored [cabbage]less and wonder wtf im doin on rs

@all is great, mystic/rune items = perfect things to alch for summ/con/mtk

and barrows minigame also opens up new oppertunites for barrow gear^^

Itam.gif

I just started my first major DIY a couple days ago. I'm finally getting 95 prayer but don't have the bank to afford 12k frost bones, so I'm just killing 12k myself. Would be pointless obviously to kill frosts till I can afford frosts lol, so DIY was about the only reasonable option. I don't do much boss hunting. I'd rather stick to something that is guarenteed profit/hr.

Trollbomber.png

@all is great, mystic/rune items = perfect things to alch for summ/con/mtk

and barrows minigame also opens up new oppertunites for barrow gear^^

Ahh I see, but with barrows, it's random and might take a LONG time to get the set you desire. But with PKing, you can target the ones you want. Like if you want dharoks, just go for a lucky korasi/veng combo, and for ahrims, torag etc, go hybrid.

Staurolite.png