~ Revolution in cooking! 2.3M/XP per hour!

Autist

Greetings!

This is my first ever guide, I will try to keep it very simple and concrete.

1. What do I need? Skill levels, items, etc?

[hide]

* Cooking level of 35+

* Grapes

* Jugs of water

* Magic 78+ (Not required, but suggested)

* Access to ancient magicks. (Not required, but suggested)

* Amulets of Glory(4) OR Duelling rings(8) (Both not required, but suggested)

* Brawling gloves (cooking) <- A must

[/hide]

2. How it works:

[hide]

When you make wines, by mixing grapes into jugs of water, they normally take 10-15 seconds to ferment. Meaning, you have to wait 10-15 seconds to receive the xp for it. It doesn't matter if the unfermented wines sit in your bank or inventory.

The 10-15 seconds proccess of fermenting can be altered. If you keep making unfermented wines continuously, without stopping for more than 10 seconds, you will not recieve the XP until you do stop.

Lets imagine: You make 100 unfermented wines. You are wearing your cooking brawler gloves. Quickly after depositing the last 14 unfermented wines to your bank, you grab 2 law runes, 3 fire runes and 2 air runes and teleport to the wilderness using ancient magicks level 78 (Dareeyak teleport) teleportion spell.

As you might know, brawler gloves give 4 X the normal XP when worn in the wilderness, therefor, right after you teleport to the wilderness, the unfermented wines in your bank will become normal wines, thus you are gaining XP for them. And you indeed get 4 X the normal XP.

After gaining the XP, you run 2-3 wilderness levels south and teleport to edgeville with the amulet of glory or castle wars bank with your duelling ring.

[/hide]

3. Ahhh, I see! This is awesome! The XP/h must be unseen! And how much does it cost?

[hide]

You are right! I got 2.3M XP/h. This test was done without mousekeys or any other help. Simply relaxed playing.

I don't really know a lot about using mousekeys, using markers, but I hear that using those gadgets can raise your efficiency quite a lot. I would estimate that by using mousekeys and with very concentrated gameplay you could achive up to 2.7M XP/h.

And about the cost...

This is probably one of the cheapest ways to train cooking. Yes, you can make profit with cooking rocktails(thanks to Amethyst_Gem for pointing that out), but considering the speed of the XP, losing some money is not going to be an issue.

I bought my grapes for 450 each, and jugs of water for 275 each. Meaning 725 gp per wine.

XP for 1 wine = 800 XP

Cost of 1 cooking XP with this method = 0.9 GP

[/hide]

4. This is cool and everything, but brawler gloves only last 10 hours/1M XP! And how am I supposed to get my hands into some comfy cooking brawler gloves anyway?

[hide]

Wrong. Brawler gloves last for 1,200 XP gains! This means, by making only 100 unfermented wines at a time and then teleporting to wilderness, your cooking brawlers would last for 1200 * (800 * 100) = 96,000,000 XP! That is a lot.

You could easily get 200M XP with just one pair. The average portion of unfermented wines you would need to make each time before teleporting to wilderness would be ~210.

I don't suggest banking more than 250 unfermented wines at a time. Sometimes you might get disconnected, or do some really bad misclicks, in which case the extra XP would be wasted.

If you didn't know before, brawler gloves are only dropped by revenants. Adding a section how to kill revenants would basically mean writing a new guide. I suggest you use this link for information about them:

http://forum.tip.it/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&andor_type=and&sid=8b502585d28c36eb8036967bb0d0e8b1&content_title_only=1&search_term=revenant&search_app=forums (This is a link to a search on tip.it forums)

[/hide]

5. Dude, this guide is boring. No pictures or anything...

[hide]

Notice the XP counter. :)

400kxp.jpg?t=1296751980

[/hide]

6. But I don't have access to ancient magicks!

[hide]

Well, then, all I can say is: too bad. Start training! Not really! There is an alternative way!

You can use the bank in high-level wilderness. The bank is undergound, near the mage arena, accessed by a teleportion lever. As soon as you want the awesome 4 X XP, use the lever to teleport back to the wilderness.

This method is not suggested by me. Mage arena bank is crowded with PK'ers, the banker inside the banking area moves around, which makes it pretty annoying.

But, if you don't have access to ancient magicks, and decide to go with the mage arena bank, be sure to bring a sharp weapon or a knife, to cut through the spider webs.

[/hide]

7. Are there any other methods other than mage bank/level 78 wilderness tele?

[hide]

Yes.

If you have already tired this, you know that using this method, you can not allow almost any misclicks. Today, I made over 400 unfermented wines. When I started to pull out the runes for teleport, my mouse started lagging, only costing me about 2-3 seconds. But that was enough - I received the xp for the wines in the bank. :(

As suggested by my dear friend xpx, you could also use a lava titan teleport. You need at least 83 summoning for that. A lava titan teleports you to level 41 wilderness, though. But teleporting with a familiar is so much faster than withdrawing the runes for teleport. There is very little chance that you will not make it into the wilderness before the wines ferment.

There is a downside, and I think you already noticed it. You have to run from level 41 wilderness to level 30, to use glory teleport.

Not the most efficient way, but if you want to guarantee the bonus XP from every portion, then this is the way to go.

[/hide]

8. Thanks, etc.

[hide]

Many thanks to our forum global moderator Quyneax for being a nice person and wishing me good luck on writing this guide!

Also, I appreciate xpx's advice on some aspects of this guide :)

I understand that this guide is missing a lot of stuff, like how to get to the mage arena bank, and so on, but I think I got all the essentials covered.

There may be some massive grammatical errors. English is not my native language, even though that's not a real excuse for me. Bare with it. :)

Feel free to point out any typos and grammatical errors, I will fix them. And be sure to mention if I left out something important.

Cheers and happy wine making!

[/hide]

Margus.png

I support this guide :thumbup:. If I ever get a pair of them brawlers I'm getting 99 cooking (hint: I won't any time soon).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

You could also make wines and note the unfermented ones, that way they don't ferment until you bank them, so you could make several thousand and then only teleport once after you bank them all. I'll definitely have to try this though, so thanks for posting it!

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

No, just the ones that post ^.^

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback!

So should I just kill revs and pray it drops a pair of cooking brawlers?

If it is the only way to obtain brawlers, then yes. :P

Margus.png

One of the most creative guides i've seen, highlighting the new standard for efficient cooking. Very well done, definitely AoW worthy.

For brawlers, i think both revenants and the chaos elemental drops them. Revenants aren't very difficult to kill as they are in level 30 wilderness and you can teleport any second, just be safe and watch out for teams/rushers.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

One of the most creative guides i've seen, highlighting the new standard for efficient cooking. Very well done, definitely AoW worthy.

For brawlers, i think both revenants and the chaos elemental drops them. Revenants aren't very difficult to kill as they are in level 30 wilderness and you can teleport any second, just be safe and watch out for teams/rushers.

Cant teleport above level 20 wildy I thought...

kazmahalfsize.png

Cant teleport above level 20 wildy I thought...

With glory, you can teleport up to from level 30 wilderness.

There may be some other ways, but this is the one I know that works for sure.

Margus.png

Wouldn't there be a simpler way to do this using the wildy volcano bank? Just bank there, make the wines, run south and repeat? Either way, 8/10, due to the fact that this guide doesn't bring anything really new, and it more or less combines 2 ways that people have trained cooking in the past...

div>

Wouldn't there be a simpler way to do this using the wildy volcano bank? Just bank there, make the wines, run south and repeat? Either way, 8/10, due to the fact that this guide doesn't bring anything really new, and it more or less combines 2 ways that people have trained cooking in the past...

I think this was a great guide.

It may not have been the longest guide ever - but it was short, concise and easy to read.

It's definitely a really ingenious way to level, and I'm grateful that he brought it to our attention.

Maybe, there are better ways to do it - and his guide can definitely benefit from checking out these other methods and seeing how viable they are.

Additionally - maybe the thread start can talk about ways to get the brawler gloves. It's not a lot of work by any means to just google it (as noobs like I would do :P) but it might be better to have it in here so it's totally self sufficient.

Also - you have a ton of sections. Some of them can be totally omitted or combined into other ones.

For example (2.) doesn't look like it's totally needed.

Maybe you can combine some of the sections which are just a couple of lines, and try to shorten it out a little more.

capt%20kevin.png

Awesome guide, now I'm mad I used all my brawlers making summer pies lol

Same. I've had 4 or 5 pairs, all wasted on summers. With this method you can easily get 100m per pair, unlimited amount if you really concentrate, and now because getting brawlers could be much harder, this method can be somewhat compromised.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

You could also make wines and note the unfermented ones, that way they don't ferment until you bank them, so you could make several thousand and then only teleport once after you bank them all. I'll definitely have to try this though, so thanks for posting it!

Can't note the unfermented wine.Wish you could.

If you think a guide is AOW worthy, you can always report it as such and then it'll be reviewed for AOW status.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif