Possible 30k bots on at one time

glasscube

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more interested in the specific time the graph is at it's lowest, EST.

Step One: Read Graph Axes

Step Two: Discover UTC ±XX of said axes (in this case UTC+0)

Step Three: Discover UTC ±XX of EST

Step Four: Subtract or add the difference to the times provided by the axes

Step Five: ?????????????

Step Six: PROFIT.

Sigh...my eyesight fails me. I missed the UTC and am unfamiliar with the specific timezone it is located in but easily manageable thanks to the internet.

Also, fixed it for ya.

soulthresher.png

for the record, this was the FREE TRADE/ WILDY update.

Anyone who didn't get back on in the next 2 minutes was a bot.

more realistic figure = 100k bots

yes over 50% of the players online were bots :rolleyes:

Also, OP stated it was a catch update, not freetrade/wildy.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

The fall in the graph could have very well been caused by a bot client crashing.

I was fishing at barb on my alt last night around when the player drop happened. There were around 15 people there who weren't talking and it seemed like they all logged at the same time leaving only me and one other person.

Could be a coincidence though.

4e0Vn.png

To me the graph shows...

The day starts out with a rising number of people online until it climaxes and then slowly drops. Once the server is updated everybody is logged out. A good portion of the players choose not to log back in because they have either just woken up, eating lunch, going to sleep, etc. They don't feel like logging back in because they were just logged out. So they go on with their lives because the majority of players do not live, eat and breathe runescape. And the the graph starts to rise back up to where it was.

Sure there may be a few bots. I doubt 30k. Perhaps there are 20k bots online at once at the peak of times, but you are saying at that specific time 50% of the players are bots.

Stellactic.gif

Any F2P player can attest to that, it doesn't take longer than a minute at Karamja, Mining Guild, Chickens and the Stronghold of Security to tell you there are a ton of bots.

Like I said before they are not bots, just afkers.

The fall in the graph could have very well been caused by a bot client crashing.

I was fishing at barb on my alt last night around when the player drop happened. There were around 15 people there who weren't talking and it seemed like they all logged at the same time leaving only me and one other person.

It's not a coincidence, it happens all the time with these welfare servers. And guess what, I never talk ingame...would you assume I bot because I have no desire to be 'rs friends' with you? Or socialize or interact with you in any way?

I'm still trying to figure out how the graph never dropped below 10k during the update. That indicates a reasonable margin of error.

I don't think 30k is reasonable, but I do concede that bots make up a large percentage of the rs community...I fully expected the update to crash-and-burn regardless of what new bot-busting technology Jagex may claim they have.

I also wish your graph would've shown a longer timeframe so we could see if the number of players rose to about the same number pre-update.

Well, the graph was updated every 5 minutes.

It didn't check exactly on the update, the update wll be between two points.

That's why there's no point with 0 players.

Supposed the update happened right after the graph updated, that gives just under 5 minutes for 10K people to sign back in.

A lot of my friends (who I know don't bot) don't log in right after updates, because they know stuff can sometimes be unstable.

Me on the other hand, I love it. I'm always the last to leave before the update (sometimes I'll stay around until it boots me off) and the first to log back in.

I'm not surprised that it takes a while for everyone to log back in. Its also possible that some players believe that the update may take some time, which they can do sometimes. Sometimes it involves multiple restarts. One update I logged into the game and joined the same world and then got booted several times over, because it kept restarting for some time.

If you were staying up late to train a skill, and got the system update countdown, would you stay?

Many players would go to bed imo :P

Taylor_Swift.png

It's not a coincidence, it happens all the time with these welfare servers. And guess what, I never talk ingame...would you assume I bot because I have no desire to be 'rs friends' with you? Or socialize or interact with you in any way?

When I said "Could be a coincidence though" I was saying that those people might not have been bots. If you knew me at all you would know that it takes A LOT for me to call someone a bot, because I too don't always talk in game. I was just acknowledging the fact that the player drop could have been caused by a bot client crash.

Perhaps you are overly sensitive/ defensive because you actually are a botter :wink:

4e0Vn.png

Personally I generally tend to not log straight back in after an update, I'll wander off and do something else instead(which means me not logging back on for a while). I think it's because of instances in the past hwen I have logged back in, for another couple of patch updates to follow shortly afterwards that tick me off for constantly kicking me off. Also it's difficult to get straight back on within less than a minute or to due to update server overload.

Despite that, I do like the reasoning behind this thread and do believe it could full well indicate a large number of bots. You'd need to look into how many people DO tend to log straight back in after an update, I think.

Junkieman608.png

30K? hardly, this problem occured only to a certain type of bot, if it wasnt against the rules I'd name it. Anyways, people are too blind to recognise the patterns of botters to not see they're at every training spot since long ago. id estimate around 50-85K of em.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

I would lie if I said that I was surprised. My guess is that 30k bots online on RS at the same time is nothing out of the usual. Even back in the days when I used to be a f2p there were loads of bots at the yews, willows and at the mines. And that was a looong time ago :P.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

TBH I was one of those who didn't log in but first carefully readed everything about the update and stuff.

I never botted and I don't think it's even close near 30K atm.

I just took a look at one previously known big botting place and I didn't spot an actually.

And yes I do recognice bots quite easely normally.

Also where do you get that image from?

I'm pretty curious to such numbers tbh :P ;)

I wonder what the max ever persons online is actually :D!

TBH I was one of those who didn't log in but first carefully readed everything about the update and stuff.

I never botted and I don't think it's even close near 30K atm.

I just took a look at one previously known big botting place and I didn't spot an actually.

And yes I do recognice bots quite easely normally.

Also where do you get that image from?

I'm pretty curious to such numbers tbh :P ;)

I wonder what the max ever persons online is actually :D!

There wasn't a news post for this update...

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

I would have guessed it at around 20,000 bots on at anytime but I guess your estimate is more accurate. So, at any time 15-20% of the online accounts are bots....

I don't even know what to say more. And Jagex is not even admitting that there is a problem.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

don't forget to account for the stupid people who don't understand a system update.

They get kicked of Runescape, and rage quit for an hour or two.

But yes, there are a lot of bots....it's been this way for months, even years now :unsure:

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

• 4 weeks later...

I would have guessed it at around 20,000 bots on at anytime but I guess your estimate is more accurate. So, at any time 15-20% of the online accounts are bots....

I don't even know what to say more. And Jagex is not even admitting that there is a problem.

It almost seems as if they don't really care anymore.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I believe we can take these figures as not a totally accurate, but a reasonable approximation of how many bots are on at one time. I logged in yesterday, a few hours after the update, and Catherby was empty. EMPTY. I think we all know why that is.

The figures show a disturbing fact for us about Runescape, an alarming number of people are choosing to bot and SOMETHING needs to be done about it. Seriously.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Right after the update last night, I relaunched the main page and saw about 80k players online.

Which is quite a far cry from the typical 200k+ I usually see.

Even given that a fair number of them may have not relogged for a crappy update (everyone thinks EWs are terrible...), the shortfall of the player count quite disturbed me.

Especially when we consider how the bots couldn't "play" probably because of the lobby update (and the world choosing button for favourites being moved)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.