Possible 30k bots on at one time

glasscube

I hope Jagex goes on a banning spree within the week.

+1

Support.

:shades:

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad thing is Jagex had completely stopped caring. Perm bans are no longer issued AT ALL, despite what their PR were saying when rollbacks came out. If a bot actually gets caught, and maybe 1 in 200 will, they will get a rollback. If they get caught again (what're the chances of that happening -.-), they get a 14 day ban. I have yet to find any bot who managed to get caught 3 times or anyone punished harder than a freaking 2 week temp ban since their "new and improved anti-bot system" went into place with wildy update....

At this point people are botting so wrecklessly that detection should not be even be an issue...Nothing fancy is even needed. Someone continuously *insert your fav bot actibity here* for 48 hours IS A DAMN BOT. Real humans DIE when they don't get sleep for 48 hours. And yet, even those bots that continuously bot for WEEKS at a time aren't even getting banned. Oh, and give us more money and you can buy all your past banned accounts back.

Did I mention RWT everywhere too? A Google trends graph show that "runescape gold" now has 2x search volume than "tip.it" And that you can no longer even report RWT... Not that I think the report button is worth ANYTHING anymore.

I'm just speechless. At this point I have more faith in Justin Beaver than Mark Gerhard. Botting has NEVER been this bad in the 10 year history of RS. Total online population is dropping very fast week by week despite the increase in bots. The few legit players left are finally seeing what I've been trying to get through for months. (How can you possibly miss the 300-400 people at Aubury every world) If bot growth and real player drop continues, soon we'll be hitting the 50-50 mark, with a handful of loyal players left.

*points to RS1 now->8 players online. I wonder how soon that will happen to RS2...

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Real humans DIE when they don't get sleep for 48 hours.

[citation needed]

[insert wikipedia citation here]

I've done 90+ hours on multiple occasions (only one was 'scape :P) after about 60, everything starts getting sketchy though.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Real humans DIE when they don't get sleep for 48 hours.

[citation needed]

Isn't that for water? I'm pretty sure people can be sleep deprived for 1 week+. (Not Recommended)

As for bots, at the moment on my friend list, I know 3 people who have botted to 99 rc. From those 3 I know around 16 people who botted to 99 rc. 1 of the 3 friends reached 20m xp in rc using a bot in a little over a month while at the same time making 300m to afford his elysian. He then rwt'd 300m after free trade was out at a price of $100 to upgrade to divine. His name was actually rank around top 10 in runetracker rc xp gains for a month until I begged him to stop botting as it might get him banned. He did not get his xp reset once.

I don't know if this is the case with everyone because I did hear of 2 people who did have xp resets (one person reset from 99 to 91 another reset from 89 to 53). But the fact that Jagex can allow things like this to go undetected pretty much crushes all of my ideas that they actually have a decent bot detection/rwt detection system. It is why I no longer really care for skilling other than Dungeoneering being the only skill that is still unbottable along with pvm and clan things. I wouldn't be surprised if half of the people on the top 42 rc xp gains on runetracker is actually a bot at this moment. Same goes for any other skill.

120dgl.jpg

A sutiable punishment for third catch of breaching botting rules shoudl be that they sell your entire bank on G.E., low 5%, and destroy all of your stats.

Honestly that doesn't accomplish anything. If you don't get it by the 3rd time it should just be an account deletion. Simple and easy.

120dgl.jpg

Unfortunately, despite the 30,000 bots that roam around every day, I can't for the life of me find someone who has been caught a 3rd time, with the "great macro detection system" that are in place. Getting a rollback is actually rare enough for a bot, the chance getting that is already like getting a whip. Getting the temp ban is so rare that I've only managed to find 2 people who got it, ie. chance of a visage drop. Even if that actually happens...I still seriously doubt they will go to a perm ban (which as of now are pretty much no longer perm..), much less account deletion.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg