Dungeoneering's Impact on the Community at Large

Low C

Dungeoneering has been a great introduction to team-work and a sense of community.

Yeah, it also multitplied the elitist communitie's ego by 10.

I couldn't agree more.

Not really, it's just more obvious who lacks common sense and who doesn't.

Anyway, the resources to learn DG properly are all here. If you want to learn to dung well, as long as you put some effort into finding good guides or good mentors it isn't hard. And really - DG is NOT that hard if you aren't keying.

As long as you listen to the keyer, are willing to put down your ego, have some self control - with a good keyer, even sub 25's is very possible.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dungeoneering has been a great introduction to team-work and a sense of community.

Yeah, it also multitplied the elitist communitie's ego by 10.

I couldn't agree more.

Anyway, the resources to learn DG properly are all here. If you want to learn to dung well, as long as you put some effort into finding good guides or good mentors it isn't hard. And really - DG is NOT that hard if you aren't keying.

As long as you listen to the keyer, are willing to put down your ego, have some self control - with a good keyer, even sub 25's is very possible.

Kind of sucks though when those "mentors" are elitists who give up on you after one mess up.

I agree with crossed and Star....but I also agree with you ancient.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Yes, I'm sure a guy with lvl40 dungeoneering will get an awesome "mentor", especially on w117 and w148. Moreso if he is under 100 combat!

Surely low combat and low lever dungeoneers are widely accepted in the dungeoneering community!

If you're a low level, these are your possible outcomes:

If you have friends, you can beg one of them to do your low level floors with you. ie: rely on charity

If you don't have friends, soloing is better exp than the average w117 game. And by better exp, I mean ridiculously low exp.

Jagex just needs to boost dungeoneering solo exp. Nothing more, nothing less. A skill stops being balanced when you have to rely on other people for proper exp.

crossed_body.png

Crossed, we're hoping to solve that. Cheeesy one of our admins has been doing floors as low as f28 larges which most high level dungeoneers skip. We will devote our time to helping those willing to learn.

Low_C.png

Kind of sucks though when those "mentors" are elitists who give up on you after one mess up.

there's a difference between mistakes like.

forgetting to drop a group gatestone, or dying in a ramokee room.

those are mistakes that happen due to like, lack of experience conditioning.

Those are fine.

Mistakes that we will not forgive are as follows:

Hording the food and not sharing. Indicates personal insecurity.

Takes too much drama to convince the player otherwise.

Selfishness. Making the team wait 5 minutes so you can get a farm run done.

Once again, too much drama and player to convince the player otherwise.

Lack of communication. How are we supposed to teach you if you don't talk to us?

General stupidity. Average player takes 15 mins to learn safespotting and trampling mechanics.

And most of that time is the instructor figuring out how to explain it.

It's pretty easy to pick up.

But for some players, they just don't get it.

If you can't figure something like that. I have no patience to teach you anything else less trivial.

You haven't dungeoneered with us, so

I dont mind teaching dungeoneering.

But I do NOT play RS to correct other player's psychological problems.

I will never turn down a quick learner though, even if they're only lvl 70 dungeoneering.

I have plenty of high lvl DGers on my black list for just being stupid though.

I mean sure, I'm elitist.

But I'm not skill lvl elitist.

I don't see a problem between discriminating over personality.

I mean clearly you anti-elitists discriminate over personality too.

Naaxi.png

discrimination is only bad if you are discriminating for something people have no control over

discriminating by race et al. - :thumbdown:

discriminating by qualifications - :thumbup:

stupid is a demographic tho[/troll]

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

there's a difference between mistakes like.

forgetting to drop a group gatestone, or dying in a ramokee room.

those are mistakes that happen due to like, lack of experience conditioning.

Those are fine.

Mistakes that we will not forgive are as follows:

Hording the food and not sharing. Indicates personal insecurity.

Takes too much drama to convince the player otherwise.

Selfishness. Making the team wait 5 minutes so you can get a farm run done.

Once again, too much drama and player to convince the player otherwise.

Lack of communication. How are we supposed to teach you if you don't talk to us?

General stupidity. Average player takes 15 mins to learn safespotting and trampling mechanics.

And most of that time is the instructor figuring out how to explain it.

It's pretty easy to pick up.

But for some players, they just don't get it.

If you can't figure something like that. I have no patience to teach you anything else less trivial.

You haven't dungeoneered with us, so

I dont mind teaching dungeoneering.

But I do NOT play RS to correct other player's psychological problems.

I will never turn down a quick learner though, even if they're only lvl 70 dungeoneering.

I have plenty of high lvl DGers on my black list for just being stupid though.

I mean sure, I'm elitist.

But I'm not skill lvl elitist.

I don't see a problem between discriminating over personality.

I mean clearly you anti-elitists discriminate over personality too.

except I was actually talking about the non-phychological mistakes. I wasn't directing the comment towards anyone in particular, so don't take it personally...as it wasn't towards you. There ARE elitest scumbags out there who will kick players for making the most simple and harmless mistakes. Just because you don't personally, doesn't mean they don't exist.

I WAS NOT directing the comment towards anyone here...especially those who made that dungeon sweeper clan thing.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

except I was actually talking about the non-phychological mistakes. I wasn't directing the comment towards anyone in particular, so don't take it personally...as it wasn't towards you. There ARE elitest scumbags out there who will kick players for making the most simple and harmless mistakes. Just because you don't personally, doesn't mean they don't exist.

I WAS NOT directing the comment towards anyone here...especially those who made that dungeon sweeper clan thing.

We don't kick people for non-psychological mistakes.

You've never dged with us.

Not that we would considering you think of us as elitist scumbags.

The only reason you make that comment is out of your own prejudice.

Will any of these clans support sub 100cb players who lack hoods?

I have personally keyed for hoodless players before, to great success (sub 25 min floors on occasion).

Obtaurian was actually hoodless when we were training him, and he's one of the leaders of Dungeonsweep now.

As long as you personally are open and quick to learn, there should be no problem.

Granted SOME players in dungeonsweep might discriminate against you.

I don't think many of the leaders/keyers would.

And honestly, if Jagex just made effigies buyable for say 30k-60k tokens.

That would revive dungeoneering permanently.

It would make dungeoneering the best way to skill any skill.

It'd be really OP.

But it'd fit the lore and would solve the problem.

Naaxi.png

Will any of these clans support sub 100cb players who lack hoods?

I don't know about sub 100, but being unhooded can only be solved by getting in dungeons, but both of those problems are at the keyer and whether they will accept you or not.

Crossed, we're hoping to solve that. Cheeesy one of our admins has been doing floors as low as f28 larges which most high level dungeoneers skip. We will devote our time to helping those willing to learn.

I'll do floors with anyone as long as they actually want to learn how to dungeon properly.

C1Geq.png

*sigh*....read all of it please...I was not directing it towards you...or Low...or ancient...or any of the other "elitists" on this forum. There ARE people that kick for the smallest mistakes, I have seen it, I have experienced it, I am not making that comment out of prejudice, I am making it out of experience. I DO NOT think "YOU" are elitist Scumbag. I do however think you are unable to read a full post now..... :mellow:

I wouldn't dg with you either, because I don't need to, I have a group I dung with. It has nothing to do with elitism in your case.

(seriously, this forum is getting worse and worse at reading....)

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

I support.

If the clan chat gets popular enough this will be great.

Btw i haven't dunged with you guys yet cause i'm getting alot of vital skills up atm, which would help me alot on overall and dung.

Il be back to dung in a couple of weeks maybe, with the willingnes to become a pro keyer and why not get a rank ! ^^

Nostar.png

Dagannoth Rex Drops : Zerker ring x2 / Dragon hatchet x2 / Warrior ring x3

*sigh*....read all of it please...I was not directing it towards you...or Low...or ancient...or any of the other "elitists" on this forum. There ARE people that kick for the smallest mistakes, I have seen it, I have experienced it, I am not making that comment out of prejudice, I am making it out of experience. I DO NOT think "YOU" are elitist Scumbag. I do however think you are unable to read a full post now..... :mellow:

I wouldn't dg with you either, because I don't need to, I have a group I dung with. It has nothing to do with elitism in your case.

(seriously, this forum is getting worse and worse at reading....)

my apologies ;o

Naaxi.png

I haven't been dging for quite a while now, but I think the reason you say this skill is getting worse and worse is because of the whole elitist viewpoint. Before your newest dungeonsweep cc, which I've heard good things about, and would like to try sometime after I get over the PK craze, I'd see talk of how people suck under ___ dg level. Lower levelled people never get to dg with the better ones out there, so there is no learning curve. I mean, I dg'ed some on 148 back when it was ok. First dungeon I did, I had a keyer named Provit3r (or something like that), and I knew my lack of experience probably would slow me down. But I tried my best to keep up, and witnessed them keying in like 40 minutes, which was amazing to me back then. I learned from it, by observing my teammates. I doubt some average player dging on 117 can learn anything.

So good on you guys for the new cc though, can't wait to try it out.

Staurolite.png

I feel i could benefit very much from this. I am level 53 in dungeoneering and I have only done 2 group dungeons in my life. I make my own pots to make my armour in the dungeon and ect ect, good resource gatherer. I need some people to teach me the advanced tactics and what to bind. I use gorgonite chain (because i havent had a better drop) and promithium rapier.

Any help or advice I would be grateful for.

mr%20monky.png

"We shouldn't wish for easier lives, we should wish to be stronger men"

If you have any questions regarding Dungeoneering we have a board devoted to Helping other DG'ers on our forums. Asking questions in the clan chat is allowed as well. Hope to see you in the chat and future dungeons. :thumbup:

Low_C.png

agree with a bunch of the points made here.

world 148 is (sometimes) decent at rushing through the dungeon floors but when it comes to the boss they take 10-15 minutes preparing for it. that's why i usually go with a friend who is in 3bo because even though i don't have over 9000 dungeoneering levels i can keep up with them for the most part.

We de-bunked the myth that higher DG = better players the other day. There was a level 110 DG guy who was a [bleep]ing tard. First of all, he was the only one who could do a particular door and he delayed our whole team by choosing to make armor first instead of doing that skill door. And then, he mined AND smelted way more prom than he needed, therefore wasting what could have been used to make familiars. He was very slow to respond to the keyer's commands, and overall he was very frustrating to work with.

And from what I've heard, w53 is only a little better than 148 these days. Sure, the people have high DG but many of them are just as lazy/incompetent as the 117/148s and worse, most of them have 2300+ total levels so almost every skill challenge is 90 or 100+, resulting in a good many doors that need pots. DGing with a maxed player has its benefits (you can't get locked out of a door), but on the same token it makes the overall difficulty of the dungeon a lot harder.

td2sig.jpg

dragon, i've dunged w 120'ers who are worse than me at lvl 80 lol (back when 80 was considered high)

sigcopyaf.png

dragon, i've dunged w 120'ers who are worse than me at lvl 80 lol (back when 80 was considered high)

Don't get me wrong, there is a weak correlation between DG exp and usefulness, but it is GROSSLY overblown by elitists. I can understand the 100+ requirement because the primal plate bind is huge, but honestly a 115 dger is not going to be much better than a 103 dger. By that point, you've done enough dungeons that you either "get it" or you don't. I mean, honestly, consider that 100 DG is more than max in ANY other skill. And yet, the vast majority of the DG community considers a "mere level 100" DGer to be a noob in that skill.

td2sig.jpg

dun has a long learning curve, only at around lvl 90 did i start to learn how to really rush throw duns, before that i skilled alot, making goro armur and stuff for team, which iw later have come to dislike. as these persons miss out on gds etz. making others having to be in them longer, losing food and prayer.

It breaks me to say no to low lvl dun persons in w128, but there is a reason we prokeyers dont take on those who haven't been around that much, iw waited 20mins for a guy to trow a graplinghook (even if we constantly kept explaining to him what to do), iw experienced players who let keyers starve till they have to basically stand still, and players hording money insted of droping at base so everyone can buy tools/ess/antipot or build altar. mostly these sort of things that slow down the whole team are done by unexperienced players, therefor the lvl requirement.

why do we want to rush? well at some point when you pas 99 you notis it takes longer and longer to get lvls, and by this point you have done so many duns that skilling it isnt fun, just like stealing creation, sure a few normal rounds are fun, but if your out for a goal,getting hammers for 99 smith (120dun), you quickly learn to join a non combat stealing creation clan (or rushing when it comes to dun).

why hoods then? a non hooded person gets hit alot more than hooded persons in a rush, and when about 1/3 of duns normally are very low on food, and can get even hooded team to almost a stop, a team with 1 or more unhooded can slow you down up to 20 minutes for fishing and cooking.

When it comes to combat lvls, it is obvious a pro keyer will prefer hig lvl combat players, as the main task of the non keyers is to clear gds, the higher the combat, the faster this can be done, les food used, more food spared for keyers rushing and boss. when we host floors we therefor let them in before resorting to lower lvls, sad in know, but reality is hush, survival of the fittest :/

I think its great that you guys have this chat to tech lower lvl duns, and i hope those benefiting from the experience you hand them show their appreciation, i sure would have liked someone to teach me, but there where not even guides around when i first met my bosses/skill rooms X)

My favorite skill in the game <3

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

I rarely find teams that honestly know what they're doing, or even communicate. One thing I did learn though after leading a few parties myself: In messy GD rooms, people like it when targets are marked. Not only does it make things go faster, but also keep everyone from going all panicky in the room.

I can see where people are worried about the elitist attitude, but if there is to be some sort of teaching and learning to happen, people are gonna have to push aside those worries and egos.

It'd be great to work with a community we're all familiar with, and a lot easier too even. We can actually go to worlds where we don't die due to lag. :thumbup: