Dungeoneering's Impact on the Community at Large

Low C

dun has a long learning curve, only at around lvl 90 did i start to learn how to really rush throw duns, before that i skilled alot, making goro armur and stuff for team, which iw later have come to dislike. as these persons miss out on gds etz. making others having to be in them longer, losing food and prayer.

It breaks me to say no to low lvl dun persons in w128, but there is a reason we prokeyers dont take on those who haven't been around that much, iw waited 20mins for a guy to trow a graplinghook (even if we constantly kept explaining to him what to do), iw experienced players who let keyers starve till they have to basically stand still, and players hording money insted of droping at base so everyone can buy tools/ess/antipot or build altar. mostly these sort of things that slow down the whole team are done by unexperienced players, therefor the lvl requirement.

why do we want to rush? well at some point when you pas 99 you notis it takes longer and longer to get lvls, and by this point you have done so many duns that skilling it isnt fun, just like stealing creation, sure a few normal rounds are fun, but if your out for a goal,getting hammers for 99 smith (120dun), you quickly learn to join a non combat stealing creation clan.

why hoods then? a non hooded person gets hit alot more than hooded persons in a rush, and when about 1/3 duns normally are very low on food, and can get even hooded team to almost a stop, a team with 1 or more unhooded can slow you down up to 20 minutes for fishing and cooking.

When it comes to combat lvls, it is obvious a pro keyer will prefer hig lvl combat players, as the main task of the non keyers is to clear gds, the higher the combat, the faster this can be done. when we host floors we therefor let them in before resorting to lower lvls, sad in know, but reality is hush, survival of the fittest :/

I think its great that you guys have this chat to tech lower lvl duns, and i hope those benefiting from the experience you hand them show their appreciation, i sure would have liked someone to teach me, but there where not even guides around when i first met my bosses/skill rooms X)

My favorite skill in the game <3

My eyes, they burn!

Please add some paragraph breaks so it doesn't all look like a huge block of text :blink:

td2sig.jpg

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only times ive ever been to w117 it was awsome, i was incredibly impressed by the quality of players, the dungeons would go so fast that the floors would glitch and a boss wouldnt appear, and every single top dunger leading the highscors gained all of their xp in w117.......ah april was a nice month

havent been there since, wouldnt want to ruin my memories of a good thing by seeing it in its present state

a_final_name.png

More on-topic, while I think the idea of a "TIF-only world" is a noble one, it has its downsides too. The larger any specialized community becomes, the more its integrity suffers. If we were to create a specific "TIF DG world," the noobs and leeches would discover it eventually and corrupt it, making it into another W117/148.

One solution is changing it periodically, but the noobs would just change with us once they caught on. Another solution is to only go with people you recognize as TIFers.

td2sig.jpg

My eyes, they burn!

Please add some paragraph breaks so it doesn't all look like a huge block of text :blink:

muahaha your pain is my pleasure :) naa siriusly sorry, but im not good at writing, but still wanted to express myself :)

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

dun has a long learning curve, only at around lvl 90 did i start to learn how to really rush throw duns, before that i skilled alot, making goro armur and stuff for team, which iw later have come to dislike. as these persons miss out on gds etz. making others having to be in them longer, losing food and prayer.

It breaks me to say no to low lvl dun persons in w128, but there is a reason we prokeyers dont take on those who haven't been around that much, iw waited 20mins for a guy to trow a graplinghook (even if we constantly kept explaining to him what to do), iw experienced players who let keyers starve till they have to basically stand still, and players hording money insted of droping at base so everyone can buy tools/ess/antipot or build altar. mostly these sort of things that slow down the whole team are done by unexperienced players, therefor the lvl requirement.

why do we want to rush? well at some point when you pas 99 you notis it takes longer and longer to get lvls, and by this point you have done so many duns that skilling it isnt fun, just like stealing creation, sure a few normal rounds are fun, but if your out for a goal,getting hammers for 99 smith (120dun), you quickly learn to join a non combat stealing creation clan (or rushing when it comes to dun).

why hoods then? a non hooded person gets hit alot more than hooded persons in a rush, and when about 1/3 of duns normally are very low on food, and can get even hooded team to almost a stop, a team with 1 or more unhooded can slow you down up to 20 minutes for fishing and cooking.

When it comes to combat lvls, it is obvious a pro keyer will prefer hig lvl combat players, as the main task of the non keyers is to clear gds, the higher the combat, the faster this can be done, les food used, more food spared for keyers rushing and boss. when we host floors we therefor let them in before resorting to lower lvls, sad in know, but reality is hush, survival of the fittest :/

I think its great that you guys have this chat to tech lower lvl duns, and i hope those benefiting from the experience you hand them show their appreciation, i sure would have liked someone to teach me, but there where not even guides around when i first met my bosses/skill rooms X)

My favorite skill in the game <3

If you run out of food as a keyer, you ask for food, if nobody gives, you suicide. That's what I do, anyway.

siggya.png

If you run out of food as a keyer, you ask for food, if nobody gives, you suicide. That's what I do, anyway.

i dont suicide, if they refuse, i start fishing, and a keyer that fish slows everything down, but at least i dont get xp death penalty :D

but most pro teams do share food with keyer :) so dosnt happen that often

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

If nobody gives, you leave the Gatestone in an incredibly dangerous room, and tell them "Food at GGS"

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Luckily I don't care about DG time, so the only problems I have on a rare occasion are rage quitters, and doing 1-100 on abandoned floors was nice because now if I die, I'm still amazed at that 80k/dg I'll get. Hell I've gotten above 100k with 2 deaths. I mean imagine what DG was like for telmo and no Excuses who got over 90m XP, with a DG max of like 40-50k/floor.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

dragon, i've dunged w 120'ers who are worse than me at lvl 80 lol (back when 80 was considered high)

Don't get me wrong, there is a weak correlation between DG exp and usefulness, but it is GROSSLY overblown by elitists. I can understand the 100+ requirement because the primal plate bind is huge, but honestly a 115 dger is not going to be much better than a 103 dger. By that point, you've done enough dungeons that you either "get it" or you don't. I mean, honestly, consider that 100 DG is more than max in ANY other skill. And yet, the vast majority of the DG community considers a "mere level 100" DGer to be a noob in that skill.

I would say the correlation is strong based on my experience. I know people in the 80s who are better than 110ers, but they are very rare outliers. Your own experience may tell you differently, but you are also choosing your adjectives to make your posts as hateful as possible to people whose experiences tell them the opposite. I'd venture to say that at no point do you "get it" fully; even going from 190m to 200m experience you will become slightly better, even if one doesn't recognize what exactly better means in such a complex skill.

2496 Completionist

I got so sick of 117 that I soloed from 80-85. Took forever but it was a lot less stressful and my blood pressure is thanking me.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

If nobody gives, you leave the Gatestone in an incredibly dangerous room, and tell them "Food at GGS"

i forive you for being an inexperienced dunger

an actual pro dunger leaves ggs by the agility room spinning blade and says "ggs soulgazer"

a_final_name.png

an actual pro dunger leaves ggs by the agility room spinning blade and says "ggs soulgazer"

Can you actually drop it there? I didn't think you'd have time to drop it since you get pushed back out so fast :unsure:

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I really need to start learning the tricks of the trade and have been in discussion before with Obt about raising my dungeoneering. The only reason I don't train it is my "irrational" (according to my best irl friend) hatred of the glorified minigame. I still ask him whenever he dungs when Jagex will make a Stealing Creation skill of which I should well be at level 80 by now after getting the hammers for Smith.

But I jest. I shall be heading into Dungeonsweep at some point in the future as I need to get 75 dungeoneering and learn all the tricks to speed things up before Easter as my friend and I plan on duoing and trioing (with his brother) until I have a CR..... Only 1.6m exp left >.>

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Can you actually drop it there? I didn't think you'd have time to drop it since you get pushed back out so fast :unsure:

All you need to do is throw it in a nook close to the blade, one run action and they can say hi to the smuggler.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

There is nothing wrong with 60 minute dungeons and this a pathetic attempt to disguise an advertisement for your dung rush/exploit clan as a discussion.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

There is nothing wrong with 60 minute dungeons and this a pathetic attempt to disguise an advertisement for your dung rush/exploit clan as a discussion.

Let us know when you feel like nearly tripling your exp/h. :thumbup:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I thought this was about educating others, not serving your own ends with 'triple' rates of exp?

Uh, yeah, it is about educating others. And in the process you'll also be increasing your exp/h. It goes with the territory, obviously. If Golvellius were to DG with us he'd be doing larges two to three times faster (he does one hour larges, our best keyers do 20-30 minute larges), hence why I said that he'd be tripling his exp/h. I don't see how you inferred "serving your own ends" from me informing Golvellius that he'd be gaining faster exp rates if he dungeoneered with us.

Actually, I think I'm going to shoot this potential accusation down before it pops up again. For about two weeks before the creation of DGS we were dungeoneering everyday with the same group of people. I'd say there were about eight or nine of us originally, and depending on who was on, we'd usually only have to pick up one random from 148, if any. We are all very competent dungeoneers and were doing just fine. From a purely exp/h standpoint, there was absolutely no reason to bring in inexperienced dungeoneers. None whatsoever. So why did we do it?

We founded DGS because we wanted to help Tipiters who were having a hard time getting into the skill or didn't know the little tricks and all the ins and outs. We founded DGS so that Tipiters could easily find other Tipiters whom they could trust to not ragequit floors and all of those other horrible things you hear about in 117. All of our keyers have been taking almost anyone and everyone who pops into the clan chat, and I've personally had a great time explaining strategies and concepts over Skype (you've all been very receptive and quick learners, which I love).

We've all been devoting a large portion of our time to this project and we're committed to continuing for a long time to come. I would appreciate it if you didn't undermine what we're trying to do by throwing around baseless -- and frankly, insulting -- accusations.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

High levels don't want to waste time teaching people how to train, it's much easier and faster to just have clans/worlds with level requirements.

I've found 13 who have and will. Still accepting applications for more.

Obviously there are some who will, I was referring to the community en masse. I'm sure if you go to 3bo's world and ask if any players will help teach someone with low level dungeoneering how to train, you won't get a near-universal response of 'yes'.

10xy5fk.png

High levels don't want to waste time teaching people how to train, it's much easier and faster to just have clans/worlds with level requirements.

I've found 13 who have and will. Still accepting applications for more.

Obviously there are some who will, I was referring to the community en masse. I'm sure if you go to 3bo's world and ask if any players will help teach someone with low level dungeoneering how to train, you won't get a near-universal response of 'yes'.

I agree with you that most Scaper's are selfish. On the other hand, there is a large group of people who I love talking to and dungeoneering with, I've had more fun in the last week Dungeoneering with everyone within the clan chat and such than I had when I went with the w53 3bo elites. Come check us out though before you write us off, we have good intentions.

Low_C.png