Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dungeoneering's Impact on the Community at Large

• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

Squisher_33
[ Display Name History ]

Squisher_33

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,393 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

If you run out of food as a keyer, you ask for food, if nobody gives, you suicide. That's what I do, anyway.

If nobody gives, you leave the Gatestone in an incredibly dangerous room, and tell them "Food at GGS"

i forive you for being an inexperienced dunger

an actual pro dunger leaves ggs by the agility room spinning blade and says "ggs soulgazer"
Posted Image

Andy
[ Display Name History ]

Andy

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,953 posts
SOULGAZER WHAT WHERE HOLD ON ILL BRT
Posted Image

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

If you run out of food as a keyer, you ask for food, if nobody gives, you suicide. That's what I do, anyway.

If nobody gives, you leave the Gatestone in an incredibly dangerous room, and tell them "Food at GGS"

an actual pro dunger leaves ggs by the agility room spinning blade and says "ggs soulgazer"

Can you actually drop it there? I didn't think you'd have time to drop it since you get pushed back out so fast :unsure:

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

Ezkaton
[ Display Name History ]

Ezkaton

#1 Bad Maxer

• Members
  • 2,387 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Ezkaton
  • Clan:EoE
I really need to start learning the tricks of the trade and have been in discussion before with Obt about raising my dungeoneering. The only reason I don't train it is my "irrational" (according to my best irl friend) hatred of the glorified minigame. I still ask him whenever he dungs when Jagex will make a Stealing Creation skill of which I should well be at level 80 by now after getting the hammers for Smith.

But I jest. I shall be heading into Dungeonsweep at some point in the future as I need to get 75 dungeoneering and learn all the tricks to speed things up before Easter as my friend and I plan on duoing and trioing (with his brother) until I have a CR..... Only 1.6m exp left >.>

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Dax
[ Display Name History ]

Dax

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,018 posts
I guess I'd be up for it. (I was asked to do a floor today by a TIFer, too :3) Would be better than soloing all the time.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20.

#rpgformod

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

Can you actually drop it there? I didn't think you'd have time to drop it since you get pushed back out so fast :unsure:

All you need to do is throw it in a nook close to the blade, one run action and they can say hi to the smuggler.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts
There is nothing wrong with 60 minute dungeons and this a pathetic attempt to disguise an advertisement for your dung rush/exploit clan as a discussion.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)

There is nothing wrong with 60 minute dungeons and this a pathetic attempt to disguise an advertisement for your dung rush/exploit clan as a discussion.

Let us know when you feel like nearly tripling your exp/h. :thumbup:

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
I thought this was about educating others, not serving your own ends with 'triple' rates of exp?

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)

I thought this was about educating others, not serving your own ends with 'triple' rates of exp?

Uh, yeah, it is about educating others. And in the process you'll also be increasing your exp/h. It goes with the territory, obviously. If Golvellius were to DG with us he'd be doing larges two to three times faster (he does one hour larges, our best keyers do 20-30 minute larges), hence why I said that he'd be tripling his exp/h. I don't see how you inferred "serving your own ends" from me informing Golvellius that he'd be gaining faster exp rates if he dungeoneered with us.

Actually, I think I'm going to shoot this potential accusation down before it pops up again. For about two weeks before the creation of DGS we were dungeoneering everyday with the same group of people. I'd say there were about eight or nine of us originally, and depending on who was on, we'd usually only have to pick up one random from 148, if any. We are all very competent dungeoneers and were doing just fine. From a purely exp/h standpoint, there was absolutely no reason to bring in inexperienced dungeoneers. None whatsoever. So why did we do it?

We founded DGS because we wanted to help Tipiters who were having a hard time getting into the skill or didn't know the little tricks and all the ins and outs. We founded DGS so that Tipiters could easily find other Tipiters whom they could trust to not ragequit floors and all of those other horrible things you hear about in 117. All of our keyers have been taking almost anyone and everyone who pops into the clan chat, and I've personally had a great time explaining strategies and concepts over Skype (you've all been very receptive and quick learners, which I love).

We've all been devoting a large portion of our time to this project and we're committed to continuing for a long time to come. I would appreciate it if you didn't undermine what we're trying to do by throwing around baseless -- and frankly, insulting -- accusations.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Articultural
[ Display Name History ]

Articultural

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 516 posts

High levels don't want to waste time teaching people how to train, it's much easier and faster to just have clans/worlds with level requirements.

I've found 13 who have and will. Still accepting applications for more.

Obviously there are some who will, I was referring to the community en masse. I'm sure if you go to 3bo's world and ask if any players will help teach someone with low level dungeoneering how to train, you won't get a near-universal response of 'yes'.

Posted Image

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

If they were looking to serve their own end, they wouldn't have made the clan chat.

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

demby123
[ Display Name History ]

demby123

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,188 posts

I got so sick of 117 that I soloed from 80-85. Took forever but it was a lot less stressful and my blood pressure is thanking me.

How long did that take?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Low C
[ Display Name History ]

Low C

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,242 posts
  • RSN:Lowc15
  • Clan:Primacy

High levels don't want to waste time teaching people how to train, it's much easier and faster to just have clans/worlds with level requirements.

I've found 13 who have and will. Still accepting applications for more.

Obviously there are some who will, I was referring to the community en masse. I'm sure if you go to 3bo's world and ask if any players will help teach someone with low level dungeoneering how to train, you won't get a near-universal response of 'yes'.

I agree with you that most Scaper's are selfish. On the other hand, there is a large group of people who I love talking to and dungeoneering with, I've had more fun in the last week Dungeoneering with everyone within the clan chat and such than I had when I went with the w53 3bo elites. Come check us out though before you write us off, we have good intentions.

Low_C.png

Dragonlordjl
[ Display Name History ]

Dragonlordjl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,443 posts
Furthermore, Cheesy (one of our ranked keyers) did several floors yesterday that he had already completed, just to help people out.
Posted Image

Shadow37
[ Display Name History ]

Shadow37

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 29 posts

Furthermore, Cheesy (one of our ranked keyers) did several floors yesterday that he had already completed, just to help people out.

Pretty impressive, and I believe that. I've joined the clan and found it to be great. I'm not quite sure how a bunch of lv 138s would take someone of my dungeon lv and do lower floors with them if they only wanted to get more xp for themselves. :thumbup:

Goldenjkered
[ Display Name History ]

Goldenjkered

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,483 posts
  • RSN:GoldenJkered
I can't stand Dungeoneering myself. From day one I've never been able to get into it, and I don't think I ever will. That's just how I feel of course, I know there are people out there that enjoy it, and continue to do so.
Posted Image

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.c...er/Goldenjkered

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts

I got so sick of 117 that I soloed from 80-85. Took forever but it was a lot less stressful and my blood pressure is thanking me.

How long did that take?

I couldn't give you an accurate number because I usually logged on to do anywhere from 2-10 dungeons every session. My classes were and still are taking up a lot of my time (main reason I didn't want to waste time with 117), so my playing time was a little sporadic. I did c1 floors 1-30, then larges from 30+. If I gave a rough estimate it would be at least 2-3 weeks playing moderately. I'm sure you can do it much faster than that.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Squisher_33
[ Display Name History ]

Squisher_33

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,393 posts

There is nothing wrong with 60 minute dungeons.

=D>

theres also nothing wrong with powerslaying using your fist
Posted Image

Viv
[ Display Name History ]

Viv

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,804 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired

dragon, i've dunged w 120'ers who are worse than me at lvl 80 lol (back when 80 was considered high)

Don't get me wrong, there is a weak correlation between DG exp and usefulness, but it is GROSSLY overblown by elitists. I can understand the 100+ requirement because the primal plate bind is huge, but honestly a 115 dger is not going to be much better than a 103 dger. By that point, you've done enough dungeons that you either "get it" or you don't. I mean, honestly, consider that 100 DG is more than max in ANY other skill. And yet, the vast majority of the DG community considers a "mere level 100" DGer to be a noob in that skill.

I would say the correlation is strong based on my experience. I know people in the 80s who are better than 110ers, but they are very rare outliers. Your own experience may tell you differently, but you are also choosing your adjectives to make your posts as hateful as possible to people whose experiences tell them the opposite. I'd venture to say that at no point do you "get it" fully; even going from 190m to 200m experience you will become slightly better, even if one doesn't recognize what exactly better means in such a complex skill.

id say its a medium correlation but 80-110 someone learns alot more about the skill itself and 120-200m exp its just getting better in thier own dungeoneering style

keying people get better at the higher lvls and every dg that you key you improve your keying ability/style

nonkeying i think is more about attitude lvl after the basics of the skill is learned......you can kinda see this like if your on the 20th map in a row with 4 120s when everyones sleepy and noone really cares about the map time compared to the first few maps

also if with freinds compared to with randoms with freinds more incentive to accually try in dungeons especcially keying keying a friend or 2 that respect the keyers instructions compared to keying 4 random people that not sure if they will listen or noes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users