Thank you, your abuse report has been received.

Isthatok

Suddenly I'm seeing that way too often, especially with scammers. I'm not actually sure if free trade was worth it anymore. I think the Grand Exchange without limits is good enough. I don't want to stand by and see people get scammed, but at the same time I could be doing other things.

Anyone else feel the same?

Surprised that scamming, luring, and general douchebaggery become extremely common with free trade? I'm not. I knew this would happen as soon as Jagex announced the poll. Nobody believed me...

I knew this would happen, but I still voted 'yes' anyway. I figured that people were douchebags no matter what.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can just take it as a lesson. Better to be scammed in Runescape then in the real world. Anyway in haven't even seen that many, and only once has someone attempted to lure me. personally i'm more worried about bots, i hope Jagex can sort out bot detection.

Fair trade and the GE limits was a failed experiment.

Who cares if morons get scammed. Limitting what we can do ingame because some people are dumb is a silly move.

Dont look at it as people getting scammed... look at it as education for dumb people.

The rest of us having to put up with fair trade and all the crap that comes with it because a small number of people are to dumb to play runescape is not the way to go.

Its like buying an airplane to get free peanuts...

Scamming wasn't why free trade and wildy was removed...

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Umm, scamming and luring is to be expected now that there's free trade.

If one gets scammed/lured, or fails to do so, it's their own stupidity. Has nothing to do with Jagex.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

If one gets scammed/lured, or fails to do so, it's their own stupidity. Has nothing to do with Jagex.

Pretty much this especially now that we have huge flashing red exclamation marks and warnings popping out of everywhere. But I guess some people just need to learn it the hard way. :mellow:

But other than scammers I really haven't noticed any growth in rule breakers.

Sephy.png

While i'm noticing more people attempting to scam now with the release of free trade, I make sure I pay more attention now than ever before, with each and every trade I make.

I wait atleast 3-5 seconds and make sure the trade is good before accepting the 2nd trade window. I have already come across someone who attempted to take away the money offer for one of my items. When that happens, I just wait until they cancel the trade because they tried to scam me AND waste my time.

Edit: I remember a similar topic like this on the rs forums. A player suggested bringing back the red line. The red line used to be a feature in trading where, if an item was taken away or changed, a red line would appear where the change occured, then slowly go away after a few seconds. It was REALLY helpful.

2vuhgcn.png

I have a Crown & can Mute them :thumbup:

Indeed I've seen more now that FT is back :angry:

+1

I even saw someone trolling saying "free phat trimming" :D

ofc that was a joke but still funny none the less ^^

Played since February 2001---Alex's Amazingly Awesome Astounding Awe-inspiring Blog

fjmg0g.jpg

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Spending some time in ftp (I'm Members) I noticed one thing...

We couldn't even talk in piece without getting interrupted by fail scammers trying to Scam us. Like literally every 2 secs someone tried to Scam us. With intervalls of people being lured away to a "3.2mil Drop". Oh and the "Wanna become a Mod? go to www.somecabbageuberfailphishingfail.com"

Man RS sucks nowadays.

Chell_J.png

Fair trade and the GE limits was a failed experiment.

Who cares if morons get scammed. Limitting what we can do ingame because some people are dumb is a silly move.

Dont look at it as people getting scammed... look at it as education for dumb people.

The rest of us having to put up with fair trade and all the crap that comes with it because a small number of people are to dumb to play runescape is not the way to go.

Its like buying an airplane to get free peanuts...

I can't see any relevance between your reasoning and conclusions you draw from it. Mind elaborating, and writing a lengthier post to describe exactly what you mean?

From what I have read, nothing in your little 'argument' really explains why 'Fair trade and the GE was a failed experiment', and why 'limiting what we can do ingame because of dumb players' is a silly move.

'The rest of us having to put up with fair trade and all the crap that comes with it because a small number of people are to dumb to play runescape is not the way to go.'

Why, why, and why?

Suddenly I'm seeing that way too often, especially with scammers. I'm not actually sure if free trade was worth it anymore. I think the Grand Exchange without limits is good enough. I don't want to stand by and see people get scammed, but at the same time I could be doing other things.

Surprised that scamming, luring, and general douchebaggery become extremely common with free trade? I'm not. I knew this would happen as soon as Jagex announced the poll. Nobody believed me...

Everyone believed you, no one cared.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

This.

Where are the people that denied this would happen now?

Seen the nice little thread (with 2542 replies already) of people being hacked?

"RuneScape Forums > Account Help > Hijacked Today? Post Here"

Look at the start date of that topic, all the replies have been made in 1 week!!!

+ the people that didn't post on that thread + the people that posted in their own language on RS-forum = a whole lot more

Free trade sucks imo, it is a nice little playground for scammers of all sorts.

One of the reasons people liked free trade were items being buyable over GE again. Blue phat was/is (I don't know at this time) over max cash, gf.

No they didn't believe him.

Haven't bee scammed since 2004 or something like that, and haven't seen much scamming happening to anyone else for ages too. With the feature that shows you the mid GE price of an item whilst trading and the use of ones brain once in a while should pretty much prevent being scammed.

I don't get why are some of you are constantly crying about people getting scammed - pay a little more attention when trading outside of GE and if something sounds too good to be true, it most likely is. Besides Jagex has written lots of safety instructions for the return of free trade for those who weren't around the pre-GE era. With all the information we have, you to be a bit stupid to fall for a common scam, such as armour trimming or someone quickly withdrawing cash or items off the trade.

Reiskade.png

~Council of Northern Gods~

This.

Where are the people that denied this would happen now?

Seen the nice little thread (with 2542 replies already) of people being hacked?

"RuneScape Forums > Account Help > Hijacked Today? Post Here"

Look at the start date of that topic, all the replies have been made in 1 week!!!

+ the people that didn't post on that thread + the people that posted in their own language on RS-forum = a whole lot more

Free trade sucks imo, it is a nice little playground for scammers of all sorts.

One of the reasons people liked free trade were items being buyable over GE again. Blue phat was/is (I don't know at this time) over max cash, gf.

No they didn't believe him.

In fairness, I'd estimate that many of the posts on that thread are just idiots being idiots, trying to get free stuff. "Hai Jamflax mai main zezima got haked plz reset pw plz."

You're right that nobody believed me. Some probably did, but they weren't the vocal ones. I had several people tell me "lul PKers are already griefing ass hats" and "bots are already a big problem" and "scamming won't be that bad." Sure, those people weren't entirely wrong, but they denied how bad these issues would become.

Ever heard the phrase "give an inch, they'll take a mile"? Well, that thoroughly applies to the RS community. For a couple years people were governed by Jagex's tight controls, so now that freedom is restored, they don't know what to do with themselves. Because many of the people who play are immature kids (I don't mean that offensively-- it's the truth), and kids are rebellious by nature, it's no surprise that many of them became scammers/lurers.

td2sig.jpg

Nobody believed you with something that's so obvious? Doubtful. It's not a big price to pray to see these return. We've gone from one extreme to the other -- but this is one people are willing to accept. Prior to free trade we had "Merchant Clans"; people are moreso happy to see them go than the arrival of people scamming. Reasons being - one you can prevent, one you cannot. With all of the aids Jagex have given us it's amazing to still see people getting scammed. It was something much more obvious back in '06/'07 (And previous years) when there wasn't big red flashing exclamation marks indicating to you that the trade's been changed or when you needed to have a general knowledge of the price of an item. Now we've got those warnings; two trade screens and a "Guideline price"... I can't believe people can still fall victim to such simple methods of scamming. Educate yourself, adapt...Don't expect things to adapt around you.

I'm fine with what we have, I welcome its return with open arms and a grin on my face, because I know from this things can only get better. People wouldn't be scamming if others weren't so gullible. The gullible just need to be educated more. Jagex have provided us with many guides on how to do things - here at Tip.It we have guides also. They need to open their eyes.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

What's bad here? If you are stupid enough to get lured, you will. If you are stupid enough to get scammed, you will. In real life, actions have consequences, so it's a great way for the players to learn from their mistakes in game. I at least think that all this is great for the game. Botters were around with no free trade, too, so that's nothing new.

I knew it would happen, but in order to make Runescape a more sellable commodity, Jagex claimed that 91% wanted it back, so I'll just live with the consequences.

Fixed it.

:rolleyes:

Oh that's just horrible sportsmanship. Newsflash: YOU LOST, get over it.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

What's bad here? If you are stupid enough to get lured, you will. If you are stupid enough to get scammed, you will. In real life, actions have consequences, so it's a great way for the players to learn from their mistakes in game. I at least think that all this is great for the game. Botters were around with no free trade, too, so that's nothing new.

Look at this we got ourselves a genuine free trade hero.

I bet he is willing to teach your 12 year old kid the "hard lessons" of life.

That everybody lies, steals, and cheats to get by.

I am sure that modern societies need video game communities which embrace and promote sociopathic behavior.

As if prisons weren't full enough... :rolleyes:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I knew it would happen, but in order to make Runescape a more sellable commodity, Jagex claimed that 91% wanted it back, so I'll just live with the consequences.

Fixed it.

Yeppers -- the massive overwhelming majority of 9.1% has spoken! Woot!!!! :thumbsup:

nyuseg.png

Fixed it.

Yeppers -- the massive overwhelming majority of 9.1% has spoken! Woot!!!! :thumbsup:

So even the tip.it community was wrong when more twice as many people voted for free trade and wilderness than those that voted against? What exactly are you pitching here? Do you have any absolute proof that jagex faked the poll, or, moreover, that more than 50% of players didn't want free trade and wilderness? People wanted free trade, they got it, and are enjoying it. There are loads of people, including me, who have come back to the game for the sole reason of the update, so that's another thing to consider while you are whining that you got yourself scammed/lured(it takes two to tango).

Glovnvellius, yes, i do think people learning their lessons on a game is preferable to lessons learned in real like, as the affect should be the same, but most or all of the damage can be avoided. I'm not here to teach those lessons, as i frankly don't care at all about strangers, but i do think it can have a very positive effect on those players. Oh, and did you drop your soap while the showering? sure looks that way.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.