Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thank you, your abuse report has been received.

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

LitterBug
[ Display Name History ]

LitterBug

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,428 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:LitterBug01
^ That sounds a little heartless.

Not everybody who wanted the free trade back/wilderness deserves to get hacked.
A lot of the glitching/scamming had more to do with the way Jagex followed up on some of their updates rather then as a direct consequence of Free Trade.

If you think about it - the Free Trade/Wildy coming back was not entire a bad idea.
Most RPG's don't input a free trade restriction but rather the players of the game dictate how much an item is worth. In addition, think about how annoying it must've been to trade for a hard to get item that was underpriced on the GE. You would have to overpay then get the item + junk only to resell the junk later on.
Truth be told, it's just easy to be a scammer on RS. For the most part, Jagex doesn't do anything about these scammers so many probably get the impression "I might as well, what do I have to lose?"
Posted Image

Fools_Taco
[ Display Name History ]

Fools_Taco

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 871 posts
  • RSN:Fools Taco
  • Clan:Skilling Guild.

I was in the 9% that voted no. W/e, they did want to implement the wilderness back from the second they made the first announcement since the knew they would do it. Why else would they ask the players?

I voted no too and a poor friend of mine who got hacked AND scammed post-free trade voted yes. I'm gonna be honest here,
I never once felt sorry for him and as a result, I just said "Too bad, you wanted this" and just took him off my list. This is
what happens when people don't expect to get such garbage like scamming, luring, hacking when free trade
was offered. Safety is a valuable thing. It's just sad people don't take it for granted.

My original argument still stands... everyone game experience should not be altered because a small portion of players are to dumb to secure their account, or recognize a phishing site, or install a key-logger.

It would be the same as making alcohol illegal because some people drink and drive. Everyone shouldn't suffer because a small ammount of people are morons.

Besides, they already implemented a solution where people can buy back banned accounts, so your friend can get his account back. Also, gold and items can be replaced, its already so easy to make cash in this game.

amitoz
[ Display Name History ]

amitoz

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,390 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Amitoz
  • RSN2:Energytheory

I was in the 9% that voted no. W/e, they did want to implement the wilderness back from the second they made the first announcement since the knew they would do it. Why else would they ask the players?

I voted no too and a poor friend of mine who got hacked AND scammed post-free trade voted yes. I'm gonna be honest here,
I never once felt sorry for him and as a result, I just said "Too bad, you wanted this" and just took him off my list. This is
what happens when people don't expect to get such garbage like scamming, luring, hacking when free trade
was offered. Safety is a valuable thing. It's just sad people don't take it for granted.

My original argument still stands... everyone game experience should not be altered because a small portion of players are to dumb to secure their account, or recognize a phishing site, or install a key-logger.

It would be the same as making alcohol illegal because some people drink and drive. Everyone shouldn't suffer because a small ammount of people are morons.

Besides, they already implemented a solution where people can buy back banned accounts, so your friend can get his account back. Also, gold and items can be replaced, its already so easy to make cash in this game.

I couldn't agree more. These stupid ass 2011prods want to ruin our fun because they're lacking the brain cells to actually set a PIN, set an EMAIL, or a DECENT PW.

Freakin narbs, serves you right for getting downed by a phisher.

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

amitoz
[ Display Name History ]

amitoz

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

I knew it would happen, but in order to make Runescape a more sellable commodity, Jagex claimed that 91% wanted it back, so I'll just live with the consequences.

Fixed it.
:rolleyes:

Oh that's just horrible sportsmanship. Newsflash: YOU LOST, get over it.

Yeppers -- the massive overwhelming majority of 9.1% has spoken! Woot!!!! :thumbsup:

I love how xpx tries to hold on to his inexistent dignity once he gets beaten on an argument.

Free trade ftw.

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

I couldn't agree more. These stupid ass 2011prods want to ruin our fun because they're lacking the brain cells to actually set a PIN, set an EMAIL, or a DECENT PW.

Freakin narbs, serves you right for getting downed by a phisher.

Does anybody else find it sad that some people (like the two above quoted) still don't know why Jagex originally placed the trade limits 2.5 years ago? Here's a hint for you guys...it wasn't because of scammers, hackers and lurer's.

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

Agres
[ Display Name History ]

Agres

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Who gives a crap. Unless you are getting scammed for MILLIONS then its pointelss going on about it. If you're stupid enough to get scammed, get over it... I've been there before, so have 95% of the people that play this game. Learn, adapt or just stop playing runescape altogether.

Central_Keeper
[ Display Name History ]

Central_Keeper

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 474 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

I have a Crown & can Mute them :thumbup:
Indeed I've seen more now that FT is back :angry:

Funny thing happen the other day while I was superheating in Varrock west bank, this guy was advertising this clan where you can get 1 month of member credits and rare member weapon to any passerby. At the same time, there are other "people" pretend to be the beneficiaries of this clan and keep trying to backing up that claim. Of course anyone would spot a potential scam but it did gathered up a crowd of people asking. Half way through, the guy spot a high lvl player super heating on the side and called out his name. What comes after that is totally hilarious.

High lvl player: "I have been here for about 10 minutes"
High lvl player: "Plus everyone else was watching too...."
High lvl player: "Just so you know....."

Normally, that advertising guy wouldn't care, except the high lvl was a player mod.

After that little comment, the poor guy was silent for next 10 minutes....whether he got temp muted or decide to shut up I hve no idea....
a happy Runescaper

amitoz
[ Display Name History ]

amitoz

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,390 posts
I expected it too, but not to this extent. This is just ridiculous...

miracleman58
[ Display Name History ]

miracleman58

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,199 posts
  • RSN:The Diamond
If I see another Lvl 60-90 standing at the GE shouting 'Doubling Money'...

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

the butthurt is strong with this one.

As Benjamin Franklin said: "Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Im sad your anger about free trade was enough to feel so spiteful towards someone you call a friend that you mock them after they have mistfortune. However them getting hacked doesnt mean runescape was safer prior to the trade updates, plenty of people got their banks cleaned as a "[bleep] you" move by hackers. So really if you had it your way we would give up liberty for security and people that think like you do deserve neither.

Also on this topic of why we lost free trade to begin with, it wasnt because Jagex was making Runescape ultra safe (at least that was never something they proudly mentioned as a key reason for doing so) it was because of massive credit card theft costing them money.

amitoz
[ Display Name History ]

amitoz

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

the butthurt is strong with this one.

As Benjamin Franklin said: "Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Im sad your anger about free trade was enough to feel so spiteful towards someone you call a friend that you mock them after they have mistfortune. However them getting hacked doesnt mean runescape was safer prior to the trade updates, plenty of people got their banks cleaned as a "[bleep] you" move by hackers. So really if you had it your way we would give up liberty for security and people that think like you do deserve neither.

Also on this topic of why we lost free trade to begin with, it wasnt because Jagex was making Runescape ultra safe (at least that was never something they proudly mentioned as a key reason for doing so) it was because of massive credit card theft costing them money.

Exactly, just because you're in the minority doesn't give you the right to be an asshat.

Nice "friendship" btw...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users