Thank you, your abuse report has been received.

Isthatok

I knew it would happen, but in order to make Runescape a more sellable commodity, Jagex claimed that 91% wanted it back, so I'll just live with the consequences.

Fixed it.

:rolleyes:

Oh that's just horrible sportsmanship. Newsflash: YOU LOST, get over it.

Yeppers -- the massive overwhelming majority of 9.1% has spoken! Woot!!!! :thumbsup:

So even the tip.it community was wrong when more twice as many people voted for free trade and wilderness than those that voted against? What exactly are you pitching here? Do you have any absolute proof that jagex faked the poll, or, moreover, that more than 50% of players didn't want free trade and wilderness? People wanted free trade, they got it, and are enjoying it. There are loads of people, including me, who have come back to the game for the sole reason of the update, so that's another thing to consider while you are whining that you got yourself scammed/lured(it takes two to tango).

LOL -- you got me wrong kiddo. I'm not against free-trade. I'm against whining!

:thumbsup:

nyuseg.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew it would happen, but in order to make Runescape a more sellable commodity, Jagex claimed that 91% wanted it back, so I'll just live with the consequences.

Fixed it.

Yeppers -- the massive overwhelming majority of 9.1% has spoken! Woot!!!! :thumbsup:

So even the tip.it community was wrong when more twice as many people voted for free trade and wilderness than those that voted against? What exactly are you pitching here? Do you have any absolute proof that jagex faked the poll, or, moreover, that more than 50% of players didn't want free trade and wilderness? People wanted free trade, they got it, and are enjoying it. There are loads of people, including me, who have come back to the game for the sole reason of the update, so that's another thing to consider while you are whining that you got yourself scammed/lured(it takes two to tango).

I'm 91% sure you misinterpreted her post.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Suddenly I'm seeing that way too often, especially with scammers. I'm not actually sure if free trade was worth it anymore. I think the Grand Exchange without limits is good enough. I don't want to stand by and see people get scammed, but at the same time I could be doing other things.

Anyone else feel the same?

Surprised that scamming, luring, and general douchebaggery become extremely common with free trade? I'm not. I knew this would happen as soon as Jagex announced the poll. Nobody believed me...

I'm pretty sure everyone knew it would happen...

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

While i'm noticing more people attempting to scam now with the release of free trade, I make sure I pay more attention now than ever before, with each and every trade I make.

I wait atleast 3-5 seconds and make sure the trade is good before accepting the 2nd trade window. I have already come across someone who attempted to take away the money offer for one of my items. When that happens, I just wait until they cancel the trade because they tried to scam me AND waste my time.

Edit: I remember a similar topic like this on the rs forums. A player suggested bringing back the red line. The red line used to be a feature in trading where, if an item was taken away or changed, a red line would appear where the change occured, then slowly go away after a few seconds. It was REALLY helpful.

Wait. That's gone now? Why in the hell did they remove it!? I mean, it was a tad annoying if someone modified the trade, but still.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Guest jrhairychest

It still baffles me how people get scammed. Ever.

Agreed. I tried scamming myself once, but ahah, I was just a little too quick and cottoned onto it. I reported myself. Won't fall for that again...............

I get sectioned this Thursday :thumbup:

Yeah, and it also sucks when people get scammed IRL. So let's appoint government officials to monitor every trade that takes place between citizens. That, or we could all live inside a big plastic bubble where everyone is safe from all the dangerous stuff.

Sure, theres more scamming and abuse now, but if it is either that or a lack of freedom, I choose the scamming.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Fair trade and the GE limits was a failed experiment.

Who cares if morons get scammed. Limitting what we can do ingame because some people are dumb is a silly move.

Dont look at it as people getting scammed... look at it as education for dumb people.

The rest of us having to put up with fair trade and all the crap that comes with it because a small number of people are to dumb to play runescape is not the way to go.

Its like buying an airplane to get free peanuts...

I can't see any relevance between your reasoning and conclusions you draw from it. Mind elaborating, and writing a lengthier post to describe exactly what you mean?

From what I have read, nothing in your little 'argument' really explains why 'Fair trade and the GE was a failed experiment', and why 'limiting what we can do ingame because of dumb players' is a silly move.

'The rest of us having to put up with fair trade and all the crap that comes with it because a small number of people are to dumb to play runescape is not the way to go.'

Why, why, and why?

Sorry i dident respond sooner... ill explain myself

There was a very small subsection of the runescape player base that actually bought gold for RL cash... jagex limiting EVERYONE to fair trade to combat a small subsection of the entire population is like buying a whole airline so you can get free in flight peanuts.

Its like shooting the patient to cure the disease. Or chopping off your arm because you always get hang nails.

Their original argument that they were getting in trouble from credit card companies is a total outright lie and was just fabricated to push the update down the players throat. You think runescape is THE ONLY MMO that has to deal with credit card fraud and RL gold sellers? It was a lie from the start. If you beveled it i have some coo-laid for you to drink and some swampland in Florida you can invest in. Also, you think the credit card problem all of the sudden vanished and they put back free trade and the wild? It dident vanish because it never existed.

The entire player base should not be punished because of some cheaters want to cheat.

Guess what, people were still buying gold when fair trade was implemented.

It was a failed experiment because they lost so many players because of the update. They took a shot at it and lost.

At least they could admit their mistake and correct it.

I dont even believe that last statement. I think they could not come up with a solution to merchant clans so they scrapped the whole thing. Merchant clans totally hijacked the market for an item AND scammed all the small people in the clan the leaders were using to buy out the item (after the leaders secretly stockpiled the item for months prior to getting their clan members to buy it). So they went from hurting the player base from limiting free trade to hurting the player base with merchant clans. They achieved nothing... we still got hurt AND they lost a boatload of paying accounts.

Also i bet they realized that with future updates the current GE mechanic would cause the players more pain... think how it was imposable to get herbs after the herb update. IF someone wants to pay 20k / herb they should be able to if they have the resources. with the way free trade and the GE worked that was not possible.

My original statement was true, the GE (as was implemented with a min and a max price) and fair trade / elimination of the wild was a failed experiment. They gained nothing and lost allot.

I saw the whole thing unfold and i knew what would happen. What i wouldnt have given to speak at the development meetings when they were discussing it.

Fools_Taco.png

I was in the 9% that voted no. W/e, they did want to implement the wilderness back from the second they made the first announcement since the knew they would do it. Why else would they ask the players?

I was in the 9% that voted no. W/e, they did want to implement the wilderness back from the second they made the first announcement since the knew they would do it. Why else would they ask the players?

I voted no too and a poor friend of mine who got hacked AND scammed post-free trade voted yes. I'm gonna be honest here,

I never once felt sorry for him and as a result, I just said "Too bad, you wanted this" and just took him off my list. This is

what happens when people don't expect to get such garbage like scamming, luring, hacking when free trade

was offered. Safety is a valuable thing. It's just sad people don't take it for granted.

^ That sounds a little heartless.

Not everybody who wanted the free trade back/wilderness deserves to get hacked.

A lot of the glitching/scamming had more to do with the way Jagex followed up on some of their updates rather then as a direct consequence of Free Trade.

If you think about it - the Free Trade/Wildy coming back was not entire a bad idea.

Most RPG's don't input a free trade restriction but rather the players of the game dictate how much an item is worth. In addition, think about how annoying it must've been to trade for a hard to get item that was underpriced on the GE. You would have to overpay then get the item + junk only to resell the junk later on.

Truth be told, it's just easy to be a scammer on RS. For the most part, Jagex doesn't do anything about these scammers so many probably get the impression "I might as well, what do I have to lose?"

capt%20kevin.png

I voted no too and a poor friend of mine who got hacked AND scammed post-free trade voted yes. I'm gonna be honest here,

I never once felt sorry for him and as a result, I just said "Too bad, you wanted this" and just took him off my list. This is

what happens when people don't expect to get such garbage like scamming, luring, hacking when free trade

was offered. Safety is a valuable thing. It's just sad people don't take it for granted.

My original argument still stands... everyone game experience should not be altered because a small portion of players are to dumb to secure their account, or recognize a phishing site, or install a key-logger.

It would be the same as making alcohol illegal because some people drink and drive. Everyone shouldn't suffer because a small ammount of people are morons.

Besides, they already implemented a solution where people can buy back banned accounts, so your friend can get his account back. Also, gold and items can be replaced, its already so easy to make cash in this game.

Fools_Taco.png

My original argument still stands... everyone game experience should not be altered because a small portion of players are to dumb to secure their account, or recognize a phishing site, or install a key-logger.

It would be the same as making alcohol illegal because some people drink and drive. Everyone shouldn't suffer because a small ammount of people are morons.

Besides, they already implemented a solution where people can buy back banned accounts, so your friend can get his account back. Also, gold and items can be replaced, its already so easy to make cash in this game.

I couldn't agree more. These stupid ass 2011prods want to ruin our fun because they're lacking the brain cells to actually set a PIN, set an EMAIL, or a DECENT PW.

Freakin narbs, serves you right for getting downed by a phisher.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Fixed it.

I love how xpx tries to hold on to his inexistent dignity once he gets beaten on an argument.

Free trade ftw.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

I couldn't agree more. These stupid ass 2011prods want to ruin our fun because they're lacking the brain cells to actually set a PIN, set an EMAIL, or a DECENT PW.

Freakin narbs, serves you right for getting downed by a phisher.

Does anybody else find it sad that some people (like the two above quoted) still don't know why Jagex originally placed the trade limits 2.5 years ago? Here's a hint for you guys...it wasn't because of scammers, hackers and lurer's.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

• 2 weeks later...

Who gives a crap. Unless you are getting scammed for MILLIONS then its pointelss going on about it. If you're stupid enough to get scammed, get over it... I've been there before, so have 95% of the people that play this game. Learn, adapt or just stop playing runescape altogether.

I have a Crown & can Mute them :thumbup:

Indeed I've seen more now that FT is back :angry:

Funny thing happen the other day while I was superheating in Varrock west bank, this guy was advertising this clan where you can get 1 month of member credits and rare member weapon to any passerby. At the same time, there are other "people" pretend to be the beneficiaries of this clan and keep trying to backing up that claim. Of course anyone would spot a potential scam but it did gathered up a crowd of people asking. Half way through, the guy spot a high lvl player super heating on the side and called out his name. What comes after that is totally hilarious.

High lvl player: "I have been here for about 10 minutes"

High lvl player: "Plus everyone else was watching too...."

High lvl player: "Just so you know....."

Normally, that advertising guy wouldn't care, except the high lvl was a player mod.

After that little comment, the poor guy was silent for next 10 minutes....whether he got temp muted or decide to shut up I hve no idea....

a happy Runescaper

• 2 weeks later...

I expected it too, but not to this extent. This is just ridiculous...

Amitoz.png

the butthurt is strong with this one.

As Benjamin Franklin said: "Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Im sad your anger about free trade was enough to feel so spiteful towards someone you call a friend that you mock them after they have mistfortune. However them getting hacked doesnt mean runescape was safer prior to the trade updates, plenty of people got their banks cleaned as a "[bleep] you" move by hackers. So really if you had it your way we would give up liberty for security and people that think like you do deserve neither.

Also on this topic of why we lost free trade to begin with, it wasnt because Jagex was making Runescape ultra safe (at least that was never something they proudly mentioned as a key reason for doing so) it was because of massive credit card theft costing them money.

Exactly, just because you're in the minority doesn't give you the right to be an asshat.

Nice "friendship" btw...

Amitoz.png