Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RSN_Lead here

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

RsnLeadSayingHello
[ Display Name History ]

RsnLeadSayingHello

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts
Hey all,

It's been a long friggin time since i've been around. I recently logged back on to my account after 1960 days asbsence (bwoah, that's big!) after doing a bit of googling. I started reminiscing hard and wanted to know if anyone still remembers me and is still around.

Had some of the best fun OL chatting on this forum...

Say hello if you remember the good ole days.

ps. Can verify it's me by loggin on to RS if need be.

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Holy [cabbage].

RsnLeadSayingHello
[ Display Name History ]

RsnLeadSayingHello

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts
I googled me (yeah super narcissistic I know) and all that talk of freak trains made me cream my trousers.

Glad I stopped playing but I had plenty of lulz on here and on RS, so I wanted to drop by

incidentally, I'm apparently loaded now due to rare items. W00t!

ElkNight
[ Display Name History ]

ElkNight

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,323 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Must have been before my time.
Posted Image
WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME
#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
As far as old school people go on here probably a lot of the guy's you would remember are gone now I think. Rick left a few months ago, Merc hasn't posted in a long time... There's still plenty of older users around though even if the majority of us haven't played Runescape in years.

Not sure if you remember me as anything more than an annoying kid though from back then :P.

Like 5 years before.

RsnLeadSayingHello
[ Display Name History ]

RsnLeadSayingHello

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts

As far as old school people go on here probably a lot of the guy's you would remember are gone now I think. Rick left a few months ago, Merc hasn't posted in a long time... There's still plenty of older users around though.

Not sure if you remember me as anything more than an annoying kid though from back then :P.

Like 5 years before.

haha don't be so harsh on yourself. Yeah I remember you but I don't remember the level of dislike or like... Haha jk all good. Ahh Rick and Merc - good dudes. Oergg was a champ too. And Pker Dude jr (probably 'sr' now).

I still have all my phats btw. And masks. GG me.

Orpheus
[ Display Name History ]

Orpheus

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,783 posts
Well, interestingly enough, your hats and masks have a value in total to where you would need multiple accounts to hold the cash stacks from one or two hats by virtue of how the game is programmed.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

RsnLeadSayingHello
[ Display Name History ]

RsnLeadSayingHello

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts

Well, interestingly enough, your hats and masks have a value in total to where you would need multiple accounts to hold the cash stacks from one or two hats by virtue of how the game is programmed.

yeah so I hear now, especially the 4 blue...

And people said I was crazy for collecting 'worthless items'...

The value is just [bleep] ridiculous, seriously, they don't even do anything. I used to just like the look (fav is yellow because it looks like a crown, or white because it matches my beard IG).

Aww crap, gotta bail. Will return to thread tomorrow morning if it's still about,

Cheers to the guys who posted. All the best til then.

Orpheus
[ Display Name History ]

Orpheus

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,783 posts

yeah so I hear now, especially the 4 blue...

And people said I was crazy for collecting 'worthless items'...

The value is just [bleep] ridiculous, seriously, they don't even do anything. I used to just like the look (fav is yellow because it looks like a crown, or white because it matches my beard IG).

Aww crap, gotta bail. Will return to thread tomorrow morning if it's still about,

Cheers to the guys who posted. All the best til then.

Short version on why that happened is that for some inexplicable reason, the value on tradeable rares started climbing sometime after Jagex made event items untradeable. Items started vanishing due to bans, dropped/deleted, glitches, etc. Now there's not as many as there used to, and the value just keeps climbing. No one expected a value spike of the sort.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

ilya
[ Display Name History ]

ilya

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Mrlostman
  • Clan:World 99
Free hat pl0x :)

Have you checked the new game out? How does it compare to the good old RSC?
Give you a cookie if you can find 5 differences

Azvareth
[ Display Name History ]

Azvareth

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts
I used to enjoy the stories you posted, I remember one where your gf almost ran you off a cliff or something.

You here to stay?

RsnLeadSayingHello
[ Display Name History ]

RsnLeadSayingHello

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts
Azvareth - can't believe you remember (at least partly) that story. Seriously. That's like me, her, my mum and you who know of that. You seriously mind-[bleep]ed me right then. Haha I must have shared a lot back then.
Anyway (still super surprised you [bleep] remember that sht) imma hang around for a while. Really feel like catching up with Ppl I used to know from here. I've read a few things from googling posted in like 2006 and earlier (late reply, i know) and I just want Ppl to know I'm not dead (yet). Also sussing out my account and whatnot.

RsnLeadSayingHello
[ Display Name History ]

RsnLeadSayingHello

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts
Btw posting from iPhone at the moment so it's super awkward. I'll be back in pc tomorrow (like 12 hrs from this post or less)

To the person asking about change - I'm seriously a born again noob. The menu is sooo awkward now. And I'm missing [bleep] like boots and whatnot that never existed before. Rune legs always had footsies rofl..,

Edited by tripsis, 07 February 2011 - 08:33 PM.
Don't evade the censor please!

Mercifull
[ Display Name History ]

Mercifull

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,130 posts
  • RSN:Mercifull
  • Clan:Tip.It
:o

Posted Image
Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Mercifull
[ Display Name History ]

Mercifull

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,130 posts
  • RSN:Mercifull
  • Clan:Tip.It
If you ever fancy giving a fellow oldie a phat to replace the ones stolen i'd love you forever ^_^

Seriously though, welcome back. I'm speechless to see such a respected oldbie return lol. Add me :D

Posted Image
Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

RsnLeadSayingHello
[ Display Name History ]

RsnLeadSayingHello

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts
Haha because no one else has asked for a hat since I logged on...

But seriously, cheers for the kind words. I guess the new kids of today have no idea how it was. When blueroseX controlled the rune smithing market. When a rune hatchet looked exactly like a rune battle axe. When [bleep] wasn't stackable. When I could find my way around the [bleep]ing map!

Okay putting phone down now. I'll get in tomorrow via pc

Thanks again for the nostalgia

Edited by tripsis, 07 February 2011 - 08:35 PM.
Don't evade the censor please!

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts

This is how I feel when one of these threads pops up.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Adam007
[ Display Name History ]

Adam007

Accomplished Vuvuzelist

• Members
  • 6,176 posts
I honestly remember hearing your name being mentioned than actually seeing your posts. But I do remember you. I started posting during scapeboard under the name Adam007 (just changed names recently for the hell of it). Enjoy parading around your phats, I know I sure do. We've got more money than we know what to do with. I just wish I still cared about the game because I would love to actually sell some rares and buy other new stuff.

indy500fan
[ Display Name History ]

indy500fan

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,216 posts
Hey I remember you from a while back. Also first time I've seen Mercifull post in years and holy [cabbage] he has over 14,000 posts, where they hell have you been posting?
Posted Image
Posted Image

MPM
[ Display Name History ]

MPM

Retired Crew Leader

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • RSN:MPM
Holy hell, I didn't expect to see your name pop up any time soon.
Wonder if some other retired players will be making a pit stop to say hi.

~M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users