Methods for killing bots:

n64jive

So I was training range at guild today on my pure when all of a sudden 5 guards walk across the screen. Next thing I know, there is a guy outside the fence, who the guards are targeting. A few of the bots attack the guards and die. After waiting for their drop, I spammed clicked and was able to get about 400k and 20k arching tickets. I split the profit with the kid who lured them, and I began my own adventure switching worlds and luring bots. I probably made over 4m, and it was kind of fun (although a little frustrating as the NPC's often get stuck when you are trying to lure them).

Anyone else have methods for killing bots that can lead to huge gains?

w4M8t.png

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I did not follow that at all, can you explain it more?

Yeah I used to lure and kill bots before GE at the Melzar Maze yew trees. Wasn't able to lure those flax bots though. I'm sure the bots are much smarter nowadays and won't be lead astray by a few items on the ground or some uniquely colored players.

and won't be lead astray by a few items on the ground

Bots do things based on item, npc and object ids so this works very well for certain bots

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

In the ranging guild there are level 28 guards all over the place. To get the bots to attack them, you have to get them all agressive towards you. You then run out of the guild, and the guards will all stand in front of the bots. If the bots accidentally click on the guard, they will attack it. This often breaks their bot, and they end up just letting the guard kill them. So:

1. Lure guards.

2. Wait for guards to attack bots.

3. ??

4. Profit!

w4M8t.png

Bots do things based on item, npc and object ids so this works very well for certain bots

Yeah I'm sure there are still bots out there who will fall for this old trick, but towards the end of Free Trade v1.0, I seem to remember bots becoming more sophisticated and immune to luring.

EDIT: Ah thanks for the explanation. That sounds interesting, I'm going to have to try it sometime.

Yeah I'm sure there are still bots out there who will fall for this old trick, but towards the end of Free Trade v1.0, I seem to remember bots becoming more sophisticated and immune to luring.

EDIT: Ah thanks for the explanation. That sounds interesting, I'm going to have to try it sometime.

The reason they stopped working was because gold farmers were starting to use actual workers controlling accounts more and relying less on bots, at least for things that you could afk on 10 accounts at once like cutting trees. That, and they learned that programing their bots to follow lines of yews to their death was a bad idea.

Could someone who knows how to do this provide a guide in pictures? Or at least a little more precise? I've looked around and can't see any way to get this to work the way described.

The reason they stopped working was because gold farmers were starting to use actual workers controlling accounts more and relying less on bots, at least for things that you could afk on 10 accounts at once like cutting trees. That, and they learned that programing their bots to follow lines of yews to their death was a bad idea.

Could someone who knows how to do this provide a guide in pictures? Or at least a little more precise? I've looked around and can't see any way to get this to work the way described.

There was recently a guide posted in the guide section that showed how to kill them at the crafting guild.

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

I tried, doesn't work.

I'm not having any luck either. Where do we lure the guards to?

And what combat levels does it work on? I am all for killing cheaters - as long as it is allowed of course :-)

2vuhgcn.png

People lured Hati all the way to the flax fields... Thats how you kill!

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Where do you lure the guards? in front of the bales in the shooting area or behind the targets?

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Where do you lure the guards? in front of the bales in the shooting area or behind the targets?

Just a sec, ill post a pic.

Edit:53069330.gif

Im the guy in Veracs. Lure them into pen by hitting then running around outside, then get someone else to hit them and run where i am.

user1-dark.png

I've been going around the outside to lure them in, just haven't been able to get more then three at a time inside.

Edit: because they get stuck in the guild or leave the area when I go around to the guild front door.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.