Methods for killing bots:

n64jive

Everybody either gives you [cabbage] about it or wants the drops (or sometimes both, hell if I know how their two bit brains work). Sometimes I wonder if there's any point in emptying out a bot spot when the legit folks would probably be botters themselves if they weren't too lazy to figure it out. The botters themselves are silly and call you desperate.

Then again, watching somebody just tilt in the wind while they die is pretty funny anyway.

8f14270694.jpg

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a couple months ago, all you guys would have been ridiculed by the majority of TIFers...

All hail Swordssomething and his Bot-Slayer Clan!

Haha yah everyone was hating on him, but now acting like this is the best thing in the world.

now you can jack their 25m ranger sets

pretty much

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

It's not really relevant anymore, but way back before free trade was taken away, and shops had those limited stocks, there were bots in magic shops buying runes, like deaths and chaos. You could lure a highwayman into the port swarim one, and kill them there with that. And there were no graves then either, so you could instantly loot.

yea, it was nice sometimes.

I plan to keep reading this thread, it's funny :P

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

The ranging guild one is complicated, I almost had it but I messed up, and a legit player said It was the worst fail he'd seen all day... :(

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

Anyone have a quick run down of how to get the bots on Karajama to stop at Stiles instead of just running away? I haven't been able to 'break' them at Stiles where the scorpion can do it's job. Its pretty easy to lure to scorp though.

^Same problem, only got a kill off a lvl 3 whos bot kept making him stand still about every 10secs.

Also anyone having trouble with ranging guild bots killing guards, like they att the guards stop for 30secs then att again until its dead.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Karamja might be difficult at times.

If you're lucky the scorp can 3-hit a lvl 3, in any other situation you just need someone with a slow bot.

I got the 500k loot in about 2,5 hours, a total of 7 bot kills. (All of them lvl -5, I killed one lvl 15 tho)

I put together a quick video showing how to get a bunch of guards in the fenced area by your lonesome, no fancy editing or anything. I'd recommend you to team up, though - makes the process a lot more efficient and less annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIorGFi9AsY

...wow, that preview image sure is over-saturated.

mapyz.png

The Top orange sq' is the location of the scorps spawn, attack it and turn atuo off. and follow the black line. make sure u dont have the scorp caught in any tree's. Once the scorp is in the 2nd orage sq, run west of stiles, and wait for it to start attacking. Once the scorp starts attacking run to the purple sq, and 'Rest'

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

Funny how now so many people seem excited about killing bots but when Sword95 or what ever was his name was doing it, most of people just laughed at him. :unsure:

Tried the range guild system but was only able to make one guard agressive towards a bot and it took like half an hour to kill him.

Sephy.png

What the heck?

I got a guy killed, then when his grave timer goes from 3mins to 10 seconds it just resets back to 3 mins?

EDIT

The botters grave finally collapsed and i got 330 lobs. Wow didnt realise raw lobs are only 115gp each, definately down to the amount of botters.... at least 50 in this world.

Well at least there is one less for now :P

Funny how now so many people seem excited about killing bots but when Sword95 or what ever was his name was doing it, most of people just laughed at him. :unsure:

He was reporting them. It wasn't very effective (afaik), after all you can only report so many people, and there's no guarantee anything would have been done, so it was quite a ridiculous idea (I think they changed their clan).

I'll try it, just because getting stupid things killed is very fun.

Ok, me and another TIFer were killing bots at Karamja, one important thing to get the scorpion around Stiles, is by luring another scorpion between the bushes just northeast of Stiles, this way, the scorpion cannot leave. ^^

EDIT: it really is working well, however, my army consists of 2 scorpions now. Just got 15k rab lobsters off one lvl 3 and full gold trimmed mage robes from another one. :P

Tried the Karamja lure with a friend. Though we did get two kills and about 1K raw lobs of it, I still feel it's a huge waste of time. Most of the bots just run away with over half of their health left. Jagex should increase the scorpion's wander range (maybe make some of them always be near Stiles) and increase the damage they deal.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Tried the Karamja lure with a friend. Though we did get two kills and about 1K raw lobs of it, I still feel it's a huge waste of time. Most of the bots just run away with over half of their health left. Jagex should increase the scorpion's wander range (maybe make some of them always be near Stiles) and increase the damage they deal.

Yeah, like that's gonna happen. <_<

What we need is to MacGyver some sure-fired way to accidentally-on-purpose kill bots without having to lure something else over to kill it. :pray:

nyuseg.png