Nex

Squisher_33

Jagex made Nex the way it is because you all cried about the difficulty level and solability of current bosses.

You all cried about how easy they are and that a new boss was needed which requires a bunch of people, is hard, and has amazing drops.

The problem is that Nex was everything that you wanted....

difficuly wise yes, its exactly what i wanted so i cant complain there

only parts i disagree with of the fight are the blood form, and the rapid stat restoration, i also dislike the 500 dmg cap (its fair on rubys not not on melee)

what i do dislike is the droprate, which makes no motivation to go there

it also takes longer than any boss to get to, i wanted a tough boss like corp...quick to get to but hard to kill, not a boss that takes 20 mins just to get to....thats not boss hunting, its like an annoying version of slayer

so yes this isnt a complain that "i wanted a hard boss but not THAT hard", its simply not the case, i enjoy all these challenges, but the non boss fight mechanics are what makes it bad, not the boss itsself

a_final_name.png

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did golv just go an enitre post without bashing efficiency?

We said we wanted a hard boss, not a long boss.

We said we wanted new rewards, not drops that barely add to how anything is done being dropped extremely rarely and costing 1bil.

What's a hard boss? One that can hit 900s through prayer? Then you'd be complaining how it isn't worth it because you die too much.

Golv is right on this one, you guys thought corp was easy, and asked for something unsolo'able, and you got it, but start complaining. Guess your no different from the rest of us.

Staurolite.png

We said we wanted new rewards, not drops that barely add to how anything is done being dropped extremely rarely and costing 1bil.

What's a hard boss? One that can hit 900s through prayer? Then you'd be complaining how it isn't worth it because you die too much.

Golv is right on this one, you guys thought corp was easy, and asked for something unsolo'able, and you got it, but start complaining. Guess your no different from the rest of us.

The heart of the complaint isnt that nex is hard.

because nex isnt hard. (I guess he technically impossible to solo, idk if that makes him "hard" though)

nex is tedious, and has [cabbage]ty drop rate, and the rewards are crap for their pricetag.

Naaxi.png

So you want to make Nex less tedious while he's already easy enough?

Why should he be? If he's already easy, then being a long battle should be the balance. Or else he'll turn into another Graardor, DKs, or a TD.

I read torva pieces were billions, how is that crap? Do you mean torva is crap? I don't understand.

Staurolite.png

Personally iv never been to Nex, but I have killed every other boss. From the sounds of it... Other than the time it takes to kill it, you guys arnt having much of an issue reducing her hp and downing her... Considering the armour she drops is the best in the game? or at least the most expensive, her drop rates and time to kill seem very fair to me. You honestly expect jagex t0 give you the ability to gain a billion+ drop every 10 mins?! If thats the case, you didn't really want a challenging boss, you just wanted better. easier loot.

IMO, Runescape did not need the new armour.

mr%20monky.png

"We shouldn't wish for easier lives, we should wish to be stronger men"

Why should he be? If he's already easy, then being a long battle should be the balance. Or else he'll turn into another Graardor, DKs, or a TD.

I read torva pieces were billions, how is that crap? Do you mean torva is crap? I don't understand.

Let me clarify.

KC takes ~12 mins which is 12 mins you will spend completely bored.

you probably have to wait another 12 mins in the bank before the rest of your teammates finish KC

And then you will spend 6-12 mins per nex kill depending on the size of your team.

of course if your team is too big, you lose profitability.

But for most teams ive experienced, i spend much much more time preparing for nex.

Than actually fighting nex.

I can't just decide OH HEY I feel like fighting nex and just do it like for other bosses.

I have to decide.

Then prepare for half an hour.

Then fight.

Then prepare for another half hour, then fight.

This is what I mean by tedious.

So much time spent doing stuff I don't want, when I just want to get to the juicy action.

secondly torva is worth billions BECAUSE the drop is reasonably rare for the kill speed.

Usually, I don't mind spending 50 hours getting a drop.

But nex bleeds you for more money than any other boss.

That really puts a dent in morale.

The armor itself, is not worth several bil.

Because ultimately it's not THAT much better than existing gear.

It just has the LP boost.

What Jagex is setting themselves up for is disaster.

What happens when jagex releases new armor? lvl 90?

How much will that cost? 10's of billions of gold?

Because if it doesn't, nex armor prices will plummet to nothing.

And nex won't be profitable unless new gear makes killing her a complete joke.

Jagex shouldn't have made LP boosting gear a luxury item.

Unless you get lucky with some PK's/Stakes, or you scam people, or RWT for money, chances are you'll never have enough money to get some nex armor.

Lets say we have a team of 4 players, and lets say they average 2 kills per hour. so 0.5 KPPH.

I've data trawled the nex logs on the RSOF, and the average comes out to 1/100 ish unique drop rate.

so if these 4 players want to generate enough nex drops so that each of them has 1 of each nex item.

It will take the team 2000 hours. 8000 hours combined.

No offense, but 2000 hours is somewhere between a half and a third of the time it takes a player to reach 99 all stats and 120 dungeoneering today.

I don't care but a single set of armor is not worth that much time.

Naaxi.png

I have said it once and ill say it again. these drops by nex are just to test the functionality of the new life boosting Armour. If they want to test how these new amours affect the game they wouldn't release them on mass... they would want to mitigate the damage they could potentially do. If everything is ok in terms of game breaking mechanics you can say you heard it here first from taco, the next step is the smithing update. They will add the ability to either mod existing amours for +life or create whole new amour with +life. Granted the amour dropped by nex will be the top end of the life armor, they will add cheap armor that everyone can afford in time.

Give it a few months.

PS: Stockpile smithing supplies guys... it might be the next prayer or herb.

I think the Living Rock Caverns have made sure that won't happen.

Long-term profit is the best, yes.

Let's say you start a small perm team like Grimy said.

You are spending hundreds of millions on supplies and more time per drop than anywhere else is RuneScape.

As the level of difficulty of a boss increases, its drops should become more consistent in kills per drop to make up for the added burden described by Grimy.

Unfortunately Jagex has taken the opposite route, with low level bosses like DKs/TDs/GWD having the best consistency and high level bosses (Corp, Nex) having the worst.

Nex's normal drops are the best, but they don't pay for supplies like Corp drops do.

2496 Completionist

The problem for me is I need to find 3 or 4 other Divine wielding pros to want to come, finish what they're doing, gear up, get kc, finish making their drinks/snacks, go kill Nex on what are quite frankly servers that are a bit pants, but basically, after a couple of kills, I'd probably gtg. =(

Personally iv never been to Nex, but I have killed every other boss. From the sounds of it... Other than the time it takes to kill it, you guys arnt having much of an issue reducing her hp and downing her... Considering the armour she drops is the best in the game? or at least the most expensive, her drop rates and time to kill seem very fair to me. You honestly expect jagex t0 give you the ability to gain a billion+ drop every 10 mins?! If thats the case, you didn't really want a challenging boss, you just wanted better. easier loot.

Pro-tip: supply and demand. If you got the drop from her every 10 minutes, it wouldn't be 1bil + per piece. Oh, and you won't get 1 item every 10 minutes because you'd spend at least that long getting KC.

I think if they want to fix Nex, they need to remove the KC. An idea I have, some stupidly high KC to get to open the door to the bank, but once you open it it STAYS open. Random idea is 40 of each monster there. Dunno how feasible it is, just a random number tbh.

But basically, once you unlock the door, you unlock it for good.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Pro-tip: supply and demand. If you got the drop from her every 10 minutes, it wouldn't be 1bil + per piece. Oh, and you won't get 1 item every 10 minutes because you'd spend at least that long getting KC.

I think if they want to fix Nex, they need to remove the KC. An idea I have, some stupidly high KC to get to open the door to the bank, but once you open it it STAYS open. Random idea is 40 of each monster there. Dunno how feasible it is, just a random number tbh.

But basically, once you unlock the door, you unlock it for good.

I was thinking that it would be good if we didnt need to get KC... or the door stays open after 40 KC, until you die in the room or something....

The combined length of time require to acquire both KC and the Nex kills is too much!

The heart of the complaint isnt that nex is hard.

because nex isnt hard. (I guess he technically impossible to solo, idk if that makes him "hard" though)

nex is tedious, and has [cabbage]ty drop rate, and the rewards are crap for their pricetag.

If the rewards are crap for how much they cost, how is a Partyhat, different? A partyhat combat wise is actually worse than a bronze med helm.

Edit: everything about the boss should stay except the kc, because kc is kinda like grinding.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

My biggest fear is misclicking on the door once inside and having to get 40 Zaros KC again...does anyone know if there's a confirmation going from bank back out?

Some ideas for KC:

-Base the door on a points system

-Zaros monsters give points

-The other 4 GWD generals give lots of points

If you could do the KC all at once and do several trips in a row, it would cut down on the team KC coordination needed. It would also let you kill useful things instead of Blood Reavers.

I also like the one-time KC idea, or potentially a quest/miniquest/whatever unlockable reward for the same effect.

2496 Completionist

If the rewards are crap for how much they cost, how is a Partyhat, different? A partyhat combat wise is actually worse than a bronze med helm.

Edit: everything about the boss should stay except the kc, because kc is kinda like grinding.

Jagex acknowledges party hats and other untradeable rares as a mistake.

That's why Jagex doesn't release tradeable rares anymore.

In fact if you can dig up old quotes from Jagex, you can find them openly calling tradeable rares a mistake.

The new nex drops too, are a mistake in my opinion.

Naaxi.png

My biggest fear is misclicking on the door once inside and having to get 40 Zaros KC again...does anyone know if there's a confirmation going from bank back out?

Some ideas for KC:

-Base the door on a points system

-Zaros monsters give points

-The other 4 GWD generals give lots of points

If you could do the KC all at once and do several trips in a row, it would cut down on the team KC coordination needed. It would also let you kill useful things instead of Blood Reavers.

I also like the one-time KC idea, or potentially a quest/miniquest/whatever unlockable reward for the same effect.

All boss doors in the God Wars Dungeon are jammed to prevent you from going to the other way.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Jagex made Nex the way it is because you all cried about the difficulty level and solability of current bosses.

You all cried about how easy they are and that a new boss was needed which requires a bunch of people, is hard, and has amazing drops.

A hard boss is one that you are likely to die at, be it because of high or frequent hits resulting in KO. Nex isn't a hard boss in that regard(if you know what you are doing, anyway). The whole problem is the time it takes to kill and the time it takes to profit from Nex. Assuming you'd be in a 5 man team doing 3 bosses a trip, it'd take you 166 hours(most skills don't take that long to get to 99) just to get a drop, on average(and for alot of people, ls is the only way). I think Nex would be fine if they cut the LP down to 20k and dropped the kc requirement.

Corp beast times two... not fun

Sigil drops times two.

Corp beast squared? No thanks. Until they make the drops at least a 1/8, it is not worth doing

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I'm a player who wants high level equipment. I'm a player who is ready and willing to boss for hundreds of hours for that equipment. I was misled into believing Nex was going to be the boss that would allow me to do this.

The problem with Nex isn't the killcount, or the difficulty, or the kill length - it's simply that its drops, for 99.9% of players, aren't achievable. You can kill Nex for 1000 hours, spending 500k-1m on supplies and risking 30m of equipment each trip, but you're guarenteed nothing in return, and players have responded to that by simply not killing it.

To me, there are two things which would require minimal changes to Nex to implement but either of which would make Nex worth killing:

Remove randomness from Nex drops - The absurdity in assigning items worth 1b+ to players on the basis of nothing other than the result of a random number generator should be obvious to most people. While such a system works relatively fine for lower level monsters with lower value drops as they can be killed frequently enough to average out the drop rate, at a place like Nex it's just silly. With randomness removed, a torva/pernix/virtus piece could be guarenteed to every player after a certain number of Nex kills are participated in, adjusted for team size. The piece that is received could be either random or chosen by the player, so long as them getting one is guarenteed.

Drastically increase the drop rate - Considering the team sizes required to effectively kill Nex, drops being made 10-15x as common as they are currently would be the only reasonable option short of making them 100% drops.

Guest jrhairychest

Fully agree with both statements :thumbup:

Remove randomness from Nex drops - The absurdity in assigning items worth 1b+ to players on the basis of nothing other than the result of a random number generator should be obvious to most people. While such a system works relatively fine for lower level monsters with lower value drops as they can be killed frequently enough to average out the drop rate, at a place like Nex it's just silly. With randomness removed, a torva/pernix/virtus piece could be guarenteed to every player after a certain number of Nex kills are participated in, adjusted for team size. The piece that is received could be either random or chosen by the player, so long as them getting one is guarenteed.

Drastically increase the drop rate - Considering the team sizes required to effectively kill Nex, drops being made 10-15x as common as they are currently would be the only reasonable option short of making them 100% drops.

What if Nex commonly dropped tokens that could be exchanged at a trader next to the banker for armor pieces. This would fix the LS and CS problem. They would make Nex much more realistic even if it took the same number of kills to get a piece of armor for the simple reason that Nex wouldn't be such a moenysink. I don't really know, just had this idea.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Why not..

If you do at least 1k damage to Nex, and are in the room when she dies, you will get a drop. Everyone gets a random drop so long as they do at least 1k damage.

That way, there is no reason to go on lotoshare or coinshare, or trust trades, you go with a team, do 1k damage, you will get a drop.

Yes on a an odd day a team of 10 people will get 10 torva platebodys. So be it. Everyone should get a drop.

In fact, if they lowered the drop chances of all boss monsters, but allowed it to drop multiple items per people, it would be good.

If there is 1 person, you need to do 100% to get a drop.

2 people, then you need to do 25% of the monsters max health for a drop.

4 people and you need to 12.5%

4 people 12.5% is too low but other than that I think it could work. Effectively you'd be increasing the drop rate for all items, which can work. Scrapping kc would also be good.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

In a team of two, there is a very small chance of both people doing the exact same damage, which is why both people need to do at least 25% to get a drop.

With larger teams, there is a less chance for you to do more damage. You are lucky in a bandos FFA to do one hit on graardor, which will either be a high hit, a low hit, or nothing.

Nex has what, 50,000 health? With a team of 4, 12.5% of 50k would be 6,250.. A lot. Clearly some people WILL do more then 12.5.. they'll HAVE to in order to kill her. But if you are 4-manning Nex and are unable to do 6200 damage ona 50,000 health monster you shouldn't be there.