So what is preferred now? Turmoil or Rigour/Eagle eye?

Well, with discovery of the Rapid Renewal exploit, I would venture to say that Rigour/Piety will be the norm once news spreads about this.

Almost guarantee it will be patched.

What is the exploit?

on the last phase

Rapid renewal = Can not die (unless you re overload)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Lol. That glitch has been going on in some form for years... when will they realize lol...

Lol. That glitch has been going on in some form for years... when will they realize lol...

I don't see how it could have been around that long :blink:

Rapid Renew is a Dungeon reward that heals x5 your normal hitpoint rate (which is 2 LP every game second).

Rapid Heal only heals x2 your normal hitpoint rate (which is .8 LP per game second).

Without the Dungeon reward, the "trick" would not be possible, as there would be some instances where you heal 0 with Rapid Heal. Also, in the old hit-points system this would never work because you would need 6 LP or more for your hit-points to register as +1 health.

So no way this would have been around for years. Since the release of the Rapid Renewal and LP, yes.

That aside, I would not expect it to be long before this is patched. Much like the "stand under corp" method, its something that was not intended to be used, that does provide a significant benefit. I'm not saying it should be patched, as I think its nice that there is actually a use for this prayer. However, odds are that Jagex never intended it to be used that way and will change it so she hits over your current hit-points; disables some prayers including the renew prayer during some forms, or some other method of disabling the "trick".

I don't see how it could have been around that long :blink:

Rapid Renew is a Dungeon reward that heals x5 your normal hitpoint rate (which is 2 LP every game second).

Rapid Heal only heals x2 your normal hitpoint rate (which is .8 LP per game second).

Without the Dungeon reward, the "trick" would not be possible, as there would be some instances where you heal 0 with Rapid Heal. Also, in the old hit-points system this would never work because you would need 6 LP or more for your hit-points to register as +1 health.

So no way this would have been around for years. Since the release of the Rapid Renewal and LP, yes.

That aside, I would not expect it to be long before this is patched. Much like the "stand under corp" method, its something that was not intended to be used, that does provide a significant benefit. I'm not saying it should be patched, as I think its nice that there is actually a use for this prayer. However, odds are that Jagex never intended it to be used that way and will change it so she hits over your current hit-points; disables some prayers including the renew prayer during some forms, or some other method of disabling the "trick".

I don't think it needs patching, because its not a bug. Just like the stat boost/log out

I'm assuming it works like the old food glitch, correct me if I'm wrong.

What happened was that if you ate food right as you got hit, you could never die.

This damage feature can also be seen in Daemonheim, in the case of surviving skill doors by being damaged on the heal tick. I'd guess that damage is computed first before the heal tick is effected.

Just that, thanks to the rate at which Rapid Renewal increases the speed of the heal tick (1 lp / 2ticks, is it?), which just happens to match up with the "normal" attack speed of most monsters, you can resist death if you time the ticks to line up.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

This damage feature can also be seen in Daemonheim, in the case of surviving skill doors by being damaged on the heal tick. I'd guess that damage is computed first before the heal tick is effected.

Just that, thanks to the rate at which Rapid Renewal increases the speed of the heal tick (1 lp / 2ticks, is it?), which just happens to match up with the "normal" attack speed of most monsters, you can resist death if you time the ticks to line up.

So it's not a 'bug' that is seen only at Nex?

Soulsplitting corp will prevent death from magic splash damage (with correct timing) due to the same mechanic, you can see it at least once in that vid of someone killing corp without supplies.

quit

Soulsplitting corp will prevent death from magic splash damage (with correct timing) due to the same mechanic, you can see it at least once in that vid of someone killing corp without supplies.

Yes, hence its not a bug.

It's a flaw in the mechanics, although you could argue that you healed at the same time your hp hit 0 :-) so you did not die :-)

another breakthru

with skill, you can break yourself out of your own ice prison

very hard but i did it twice in a row with good timing

a_final_name.png

another breakthru

with skill, you can break yourself out of your own ice prison

very hard but i did it twice in a row with good timing

Another finding that brings us closer to a solo.

We found out that there's very little time, but you can break yourself out. Highly dependant on luck and fast clicking.

Also, another finding. If your overload runs out while doing rapid renewal, and you ruby bolt spec while she's dropping your hp back down, you CAN die.

I did it :shades:

Edit:

110305142724.png

DAT COMBO

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

seems like most teams prefer using void... which i disagree with.

also, melee pray is best for smoke and shadow. SS on shadow if on curses

been recording a lot of data at nex and here's some findings. will have more once i get more data and better tools to analyze

full arma + modern > void + curses by about 20% more damage per unit time (rough estimate, but it's clearly a significant amount)

full arma + modern uses about 7% less brews per unit time

full arma + modern uses about 30% more prayer per unit time

rubies are clearly better than diamond by account of our old ffas (ruby wins like over 90% of the time)

ely reduces brews consumed per unit time by around 20% or more (data suggests 22.5%). idk why its over 17.5%, probably just random variation. but its possible it makes you tank less (higher defense + brews less -> higher magic defense).

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

been recording a lot of data at nex and here's some findings. will have more once i get more data and better tools to analyze

full arma + modern > void + curses by about 20% more damage per unit time (rough estimate, but it's clearly a significant amount)

rubies are clearly better than diamond by account of our old ffas (ruby wins like over 90% of the time)

ely reduces brews consumed per unit time by around 20% or more (data suggests 22.5%). idk why its over 17.5%, probably just random variation. but its possible it makes you tank less (higher defense + brews less -> higher magic defense).

there's really no point in testing arma since its either karils or void imo.

you really need the extra melee attack, and mage defense doesn't really do anything from my experience

as long as people can lure nex away when killing mages mage defense shouldn't do anything big.

you really need the extra melee attack, and mage defense doesn't really do anything from my experience

as long as people can lure nex away when killing mages mage defense shouldn't do anything big.

its for the range attack and prayer, not magic defense. +6 range attack is somewhere around 3% dps (arguably higher because you get proportionally more ruby specs)

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

its for the range attack and prayer, not magic defense. +6 range attack is somewhere around 3% dps (arguably higher because you get proportionally more ruby specs)

unless you don't melee at all, i would value 7 melee attack against 3 range attack and 1 prayer

unless you don't melee at all, i would value 7 melee attack against 3 range attack and 1 prayer

based on a rather small sample of data, arma is around 5% better for nominal damage per unit time. i should collect more data to be more sure though

the main strategy behind using arma and high range accuracy is that more of your ruby specs hit, which arguably contribute to dps much more than melee. i'd argue you get a comparable number of claws and ruby specs in one kill; if not, more ruby specs

also, maxing out range bonus definitely does make a big difference. with archer(i), ranger boots, full arma, zammy book, and alerter you're looking at a solid +8+8+10+6+8+5 = 43 more range attack compared to a setup which focuses on melee

sigcopyaf.png

based on a rather small sample of data, arma is around 5% better for nominal damage per unit time. i should collect more data to be more sure though

the main strategy behind using arma and high range accuracy is that more of your ruby specs hit, which arguably contribute to dps much more than melee. i'd argue you get a comparable number of claws and ruby specs in one kill; if not, more ruby specs

also, maxing out range bonus definitely does make a big difference. with archer(i), ranger boots, full arma, zammy book, and alerter you're looking at a solid +8+8+10+6+8+5 = 43 more range attack compared to a setup which focuses on melee

except on last form you should use diamonds because if you are rr tanking you die from rubies and also they only hit 300 when they spec

but did jagex change nex so that she mages during the first form now even though everyone is in melee range?

i can't get her to stop maging even if everyone is meleeing.

I think her first form is like shadow where the farther apart you are the less damage you take

you kind of have to use diamonds on last form if youre using RR. hand cannon might actually be better for last form

hmm, i'll test that theory tonight if i go.

sigcopyaf.png

except on last form you should use diamonds because if you are rr tanking you die from rubies and also they only hit 300 when they spec

but did jagex change nex so that she mages during the first form now even though everyone is in melee range?

i can't get her to stop maging even if everyone is meleeing.

I think her first form is like shadow where the farther apart you are the less damage you take

arma almost always beats karils + hybrid in our ffas

and you say it makes melee worse, its becuase you dont melee, you just range

full arma + pernix cowl using just range will beat a maul quite often, i cant even immagine how pernix would do

i cant believe stoke actualy used full pernix + rapier, id bet so much money ranging would still be better

a_final_name.png

i cant believe stoke actualy used full pernix + rapier, id bet so much money ranging would still be better

Yeah, people are WAY too into the idea that you must melee the blood form. With full Arma, maul just doesn't hit. I can't even imagine trying to use a rapier with it.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Ranging is unfair to meleers because it makes her tele around way too much. There is no proper way to test range vs meleers except by doing it on trips when everyone uses the same methods.

Ranging is unfair to meleers because it makes her tele around way too much. There is no proper way to test range vs meleers except by doing it on trips when everyone uses the same methods.

You do know that you can range her from up close, right?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png